“poor rooms and service will rip you off DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Vail, Arizona
“poor rooms and service will rip you off DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

room not clean desk help lies
checked in for a 3 day stay had to sign credit charge for all 3 days. i asked if i would get a refund if i did not stay all 3 days was told yes. checked out after 2 days and told that i would get credit. checked statement from credit card and i did not get. called and talked to manager he said so sorry about stay and we will not credit you for the day you did not stay. do not stay here

Room Tip: GO Somewhere else DO NOT Stay Here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DESIREE M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Courtesy Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I apologize for your disatisfaction, David. We have since changed our policy and do offer refunds for early check-outs! I do hope that everything else was to your satisfaction and that you will consider staying with us again! We have made many improvements since your last stay, as well. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Julian, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The Courtesy Inn is a great value for the price. Just 20 minutes east of downtown, it is a great place to stay. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. It is half the price of any hotel near its quality and location in San Diego.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your complimentary review! We would like to extend the same appreciation back, as we greatly value your business! Hope to see you again very soon. Have a great Holiday!
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Was on business by myself for one night in El Cajon so I rolled the dice with a Best Western. Arriving right at 3 I was able to check in right away which was awesome. The pool was disappointing since it sat in the parking lot almost at the street entrance. No plants or anything around it. Annie was on duty and was very pleasant to deal with. I booked through Priceline and was surprised I didnt have to throw down my credit card for "incidentals". Made my way to the 3rd floor to a king room. Parking lot was neat and clean and there wasnt a possibility of getting a bad spot. Although the hotel sits across from a trailer park, the area itself is really quiet and I felt safe. The room was average but really for $59 a night I wasnt expecting too much. The TV was tube but had enough channels. The internet was easy to hook up to and constant. There was a microwave and fridge, both absolutely spotless. No creepy crawlers! There was a nice desk and a separate table with 2 chairs. There was a huge open area with tile where I could hang clothes. The only draw back was in the bathroom. There was a window WAY up high where I couldnt reach and it was open. I could hear a bunch of people below but thankfully they shut up when the sun went down. Also the door in the bathroom wouldnt stay shut but since it was just me I really couldnt care less. The shower....oh the shower was fantastic. Looks like new tile and the shower head looked pretty new too. I enjoyed a 30 minute plus shower and also the towels were not overbleached which is something I get weirded out about since I have sensitive skin. I had to check out at 6am and there was someone there ready to help me. I didnt have any of the continental breakfast but the room they have it in is tiny and I read wasnt anything special. I would stay here again for sure. I never really heard anyone else on either side of me so I assume the soundproofing was good. There are tons of options for food if you need to grab a meal either sit down or drive thru.

Room Tip: ask for the third floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much Jo Jo, for your very detailed review. Any and all feedback we can acquire is appreciated, as it helps us to continue to provide the best guest experience that we are able to! We all hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We chose to stay at this hotel because it was relatively cheap compared to other hotels in the San Diego area. And we get what we paid.

+ : Nice room, we have been upgraded from a double queen to a king. Very clean. Very quiet, we slept very well. Staff was nice and efficient. Breakfast was ok. Free parking.

- : Ridiculous breakfast room: 3 tiny tables in a closet! Broken TV with low signal quality. Holes in one sheet. Small swimming pool located between the road and the parking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This hotel is not anything like it advetises. This is as close to fraudulant as you can get. The pool was disgusting and extremely small, no one in their right mind would swim in this thing. The continental breakfast was a total joke- the place to eat is smaller than a walk-in closet (as a matter of fact I think it might be an old broom closet) and there was bearly enough food to feed a mouse. I travel quite often and this was the worst complimentary breakfast I have ever seen. Thank God there were several restaurants down the road, because that is where we ate our breakfasts both mornings. They advertise that they have high speed internet in the room, but we couldn't get a signal the whole time we were there. They also say that you get free HBO, that is also a lie!!! We didn't get HBO and we only got about five channels total. I thought we were back in the 1970's. To top things off, after departing and being on the freeway heading out of town, we noticed that we were overcharged on our bill. That is because the clerk was too busy talking on the phone instead of concentrating on us, the customer's in front of him. After calling back the hotel on our cell phone, the clerk assured us that he had corrected the mistake, but of course when I got home we had been charged that uncorrect amount on our card. I would not reccomend anyone stay at this hotel. The sad reality is that Best Westerns used to be one of the nicer places to stay, but now in my mind they should be downgraded to a motel 6, Travel Lodge rating. Someone needs to do something about this company or it will be another company that has run itself into the ground. I will spend my money at Hampton Inns or other nice reputable hotels from now on. I am extremely disappointed in what this company has become.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

We arrived early and didn't have any problems checking in. Our 2 room deluxe suite was perfect for me, my husband and our 2 teenage sons. The rooms were clean and pretty spacious. Our room had 2 queen beds, an armoire (which contained a tv, microwave and refrigerator). Behind the front door is a door way (no door) into the second room which also had 2 queen beds an armoire and a bathroom.
Also both rooms had a small round table with chairs and a desk, and there was more than enough outlets for our laptop and cell phones.

The only complaint that I had was that the beds were very very firm. (Almost like sleeping on a board)

The lobby where they serve breakfast is extremely tiny, so I can't imagine more than one family in there at a time. We didn't go down for breakfast the first morning, and just grabbed a few things when we checked out the next day. But they had coffee, muffins, danishes and bread for toast.

The area is not the greatest, but I didn't really feel worried to be out in the neighborhood and there is plenty of grocery stores and fast food restaurants around and its only about a 20 minute drive to get to San Diego.

I would stay here again because you couldn't find anything even close to the price for a 2 room suite in San Diego.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Coventry, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

No roaches as far as I could tell. The sheets didn't have any hairs on them. Ok, that's the good stuff. Now the bad stuff: the room was dirty, piles of dust along the floor's edges. Quite dumpy! The "breakfast" was horrible: green bananas, white bread for toast, and a box of donuts! Stay here only if you can't find anything else. This place wasn't even economical either. Won't stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN Courtesy Inn? Share your experiences!