“Good imitation Lucky Charms...” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Mexico, ME
“Good imitation Lucky Charms...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

Well, this place was a mix. Positives included wireless internet, ample living space in the room, refrigerator, microwave, table, decent water pressure, comfortable bed...on the downside the air conditioner smelled like urine...I inquired about this smell with the front desk...they sent someone over who informed me that this odor was "typical" of an air conditioner that has not been used recently (apparently mine was not...) and they proceeded to spray with various lysol type products...this did not help...I mentioned that my old air conditioners didn't smell like urine however they insisted this was normal...they had good imitation lucky charms...in fact, I think I liked them better than regular lucky charms. The price is cheaper, which is nice. But it's inland, which means it's hot! Which brings us back to that air conditioner...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2004

I would NOT stay in this hotel again. I reserved a non-smoking king room with a CC, but when I arrived was offered a smoking queen room at the same rate. When I complained, I was told that at their hotel, a "king" room just means it has one bed which can be any size and doesn't have to have a king-sized bed. They only gave us a non-smoking room after we pressed them and they admitted they had one with 2 queen beds, which they wanted to charge us MORE for since it had 2 beds, and we'd only reserved one.

The hotel was also not very clean, and appeared to have a number of long-term residents.

Been to BEST WESTERN Continental Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Continental Inn

Address: 650 North Mollison Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92021
Location: United States > California > El Cajon
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Hotel Class:2 star — BEST WESTERN Continental Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Continental Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Continental Hotel El Cajon
Best Western El Cajon
El Cajon Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Continental Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.