“Peace and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in El Cajon
San Diego
“Peace and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Pros: In the country with a country feeling. Large room, large dressing area, patio on the golf course, pillow top beds and nice linens. Refrigerator, coffee maker, blow dryer, iron and ironing board. Peaceful and quiet. Beautiful landscaping and golf course right outside your patio door. Older facility, but well maintained.Nice heated pool and jacuzzi with strong jets for my aching back. Walking paths around the area. Walk to restaurant - great food and service.
Cons: No info on restaurant hours, spa hours or prices or golfing info in the room. No microwave. No wireless internet in the room. No bathtub, the shower was small.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Sycuan Resort (formerly Singing Hills Golf Resort) is no longer the same comfortable place to get away. Previously, this was a mom & pop type of place with very helpful staff, great service and a good location to enjoy golf at a reasonable price. It is still a good location, the golf and the hotel rooms haven't changed, but the management sure has. It seems to have taken on a more corporate feel, without that little extra assistance when they have the chance to provide "world-class" service. They're focus also appears to be much more about the bottom-line in the short-term, because they don't seem to be too concerned with repeat business. They are concerned about charging for minor things that most other places would automatically include. The group of friends I went with have been coming here annually for more than 20 years and the vibe this year is that the place didn't have quite the same feel as in previous years.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Bellingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed in April at the Sycuan. We had a wonderful weekend of golf, and the club staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We liked the restaurant -- the food and service was good. The casino was smoky and not to our liking at all -- we didn't stay more than five minutes. The room was not great. I have to say that attention to detail is lacking here -- all kinds of things in the room malfunctioned from the tv to the phone and lack of coffee the first morning. We could not get a late check out on Sunday so we could play golf and come back and pack up -- in spite of paying well over a thousand dollars for golf and meals over the three days we were there and in spite of the problems with the room. The "manager" was very unpleasant and refused to back down on their "policy" of charging for late checkouts. WE WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN. We would stay in El Cajon and come for golf.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Gabriel, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I was quite surprised on how much I loved my hotel room. When I walked in, I was surprised I had a nice living room and a bedroom attached to it. The bed was super comfortable and I enjoyed the high ceilings (on the second floor) and the balcony. The bathroom was quite large and the shower was pretty decent. There was a bit of street noise as cars were whizzing by but overall it was a great stay.

• Liked — The size of the room
  • Disliked — the unit air conditioners.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed at the Sycuan Resort for 3 nights. We booked directly through the hotel and paid $125 a night. The rate goes up to almost $300 a night later in the season and that rate seems excessive. Our room was fine but nothing special. The decorations are out of date. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is fine. The rooms don't have cental air - there is a unit on the wall which is kind of noisy. The grounds are beautiful and the swimming pools (there are 2) are nice. The restaurant is fine. My husband enjoyed playing golf. I liked the hotel but would not want to pay more than we did.

Stayed June 2008
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

first off let me say i will definatly go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. we got there and check in was easy, and earlier than the 4pm checkin time. I was in California with a friend, we flew from Texas stayed one night then drove back. And im so pleased that I picked this resort to stay at. I ordered room service and it was excellent and it came in a timely manner. All of the staff was very nice, and the room was big and very nice. Very spacious bathroom area. Great view as well from the little porch like space that is outside the sliding door. OH! And the beds were like sleeping in heaven! Most comfy bed i've ever slept in, i dedfinatly slept like a baby! No complaints at all except I ordered 2 movies on the TV and the sounds would bleep in and out every once in a while, but when I brought it up at checkout the lady said that the movies were not working properly and i was not charged. Overall a GREAT experience, and i will definatly go back. (And i won money at the casino!!)

• Liked — The view and the beds.
  • Disliked — TV's weren't very new / spa was not opened when I was there (renovating)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ravenna, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

Our stay was a gift to my husband and I from his brother. What a wonderful surprise we had when we checked in. We spent 8 days in California and stayed in hotels from San Diego to Los Angeles. This resort was bar none the best! Quiet, Relaxing, clean comfortable surroundings. We will visit again!!

• Liked — Comfort of the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!