“Excellence in East San Diego” 4 of 5 stars

Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 Dehesa Road, El Cajon, CA 92019   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in El Cajon
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellence in East San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and there was the Jr National Golf Tournament being played. convienant to grocery stores and shopping once in the Resort its secluded. Quiet. The only issue is the restaurants close to early. enjoyed the casino as well although it is a but smokey.

• Stayed August 2013

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I enjoy traveling to golf resorts throughout California. Sycuan Resort was on the list. We arrived and were pleased with our accommodations. Our room faced the golf course and overlooking the pool. The views were blocked by mature trees, but private. A brief walk to the Pro Shop and restaurant. (or shuttle) The buildings were old, (apartment style) but refurbished and clean. The interior was awesome, designer appointments throughout. The bed and bedding was a "10". The carpet, drapes, tile, bath and furnishings were upscale, high quality, and felt new. AC was good and very efficient. The Staff was excellent. From the front desk (Jerry) to the Pro Shop (Jeremy) to Starter (John). The food at the restaurant was excellent, and reasonable in price. We ate breakfast and dinner, and again the food was above good. Obviously, a great Chief! Armando, the Manager was very attentive, and made sure everything was perfect...
We played both, Oak Glen and Willow Glen courses. Oak Glen was a complete disappointment. (don't waste your time) Felt more like a poor budget Muni. (and I'm not a Country Club Snob) However, the Willow Glen course was a pleasant experience. Large oak trees, lakes, uphill and downhill fairways. Nice mature - old style track. The Marshall (Rudy) helped us play-through a ridiculously slow group in front of us. (two holes behind - without a clue and an attitude) but the Marshall handled it with perfect professional kindness... and turned a 6 hour round in 90+ degree heat - into a 4.5 hour pleasant day of golf and sunshine.
Thx again Rudy!
All and all, a great weekend. It gets really hot in east El Cajon, so pick your month wisely...
Steve,
San Clemente, Ca.

Room Tip: Rear Corner unit if possible. King beds are limited, so ask when you reserve. Restaurant was excelle...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hello we are from Phoenix, AZ, since it was fall, the staycation was up in price. My wife found this resort, we choose the spa package and it is fantastic. The pools, heated and not many people, the staff excellent, if you read any of my other reviews I believe this is my first excellent. They did not nickle and Dime us, Quiet at night, we never made it to San Diego, so that says a lot. If golf is your thing this would be an excellent choice. The restuarants are excellent, Just stay a few days its worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 1 bedroom. Look at and combine packages, we combined spa with breakfast. Un pack an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time here and we plan on staying again! We were in town for a golf tournament at another course...The staff at check in were friendly, something you want to begin your stay with...Our room was clean, up to date in decor and cozy! Our balcony overlooked a green...a cool, refreshing way to spend an afternoon before our day on the course! We plan on returning in March for the same tournament!!

Room Tip: Upstairs...balcony is relaxing...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Both non-golfers we were looking for a nice hotel close to the Tecate border crossing. We enjoyed the Sycuan so much we stayed an extra night. Our room with a king bed was huge with a patio on the 16th hole of the par 3 course. Staff were attentive, and the on site restaurant excellent and never busy. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding that was at the resort. I have to say first the wedding was spectacular and one of the best I have ever been to. The food at the reception was extremely good and the ambiance of the ceremony and reception was perfect. We booked our room to enjoy the weekend with our friends and family even though we live only a few miles from here. We are already talking about when we can come back (and we don't even golf!).

We had a first floor walkout. It was nice having the patio and made the room feel quite large. My parents had a second floor room with balcony and their ceiling was vaulted and gorgeous. It's a tough call which one I liked better, but I have to admit I think I liked the walkout just a bit more. The room itself is spacious as is the bathroom. The suite I saw had a tub, but the basic room has a shower only. I also saw a corner room with a Murphy bed and wow! It had several windows and would double as a great gathering space for a large group. I believe this is their handicap room, but I am not quite sure.

The views here are stunning and serene. If you are looking for a little more action, the shuttle to the casino is quick and it really does operate 24 hours. We called the shuttle at midnight and it picked us up only a few minutes later right at our door. The return trip at 2 AM was quick.

The pool was a bit outdated, but everything else felt recently updated. I agree with others regarding the cost of the wifi. I would recommend that it be included.

The food at the golf club is very good as well. We ate breakfast there and I can highly recommend the bananas foster French toast.

All in all, every staff member was kind and courteous, the guests all seemed to be having a good time, and it is just gorgeous there. Sure the hotel was built many years back, but the updates make it feel quite new. Come for relaxation and kick it up a notch at the casino if you get bored. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This resort is very peaceful,You get the pool to yourself,know one was ever at the pool.I enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the mornings and evenings.It is very private and peaceful.You can call for a free shuttle to the casino 24hrs a day.This was my second stay here and i love it more each time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!