“One thing really bugged me” 4 of 5 stars

Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 Dehesa Road, El Cajon, CA 92019   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Arizona
“One thing really bugged me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The rooms seem updated and nice but one thing that really that bugged me was the towels were in the adjoining room from the shower alcove (no tub). There was no place to hang a towel in the shower alcove except to drape it over the toilet, if you remembered to bring one in beforehand. If not it was a dripping mess across the floor into the adjoining room where the sinks are to get to reach for one.
Other than that, rooms were nice and updated. Kudo to the Restaurant which was much better than expected and I would go there just to eat for sure. We were in room 141 so it was a ways from the restaurant and we drove over there. There is a shuttle to the casino but I think you need a car to stay here. Peaceful and green, I would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the outside, the lodges resemble mid-century motels, but the rooms are comfortable, nicely furnished, and well-equipped, and it was great to have a patio. The very large bathroom had plenty of counter space for cosmetics and gear for two people.
The food's delicious, and the portions generous. The Wednesday night dinner special (with a bottle of house wine at half price!) was a steal, but even the regular prices are very reasonable.
The Oak Glen golf course is an interesting layout, challenging but not punishing, and kept in good shape - but watch out, the greens are sneaky-fast. The golf tournament for which I came was well-organized and the staff was just super. (Pine Glen was closed for maintenance during my stay.)
The service was friendly and accomodating everywhere else, too. Also generally quite efficient, though at times the restaurant and front desk staffs were a bit overwhelmed (the resort was entirely full). Housekeeping was terrific. They knocked on my door very early the first AM, I said please come back after 10:00, and they must have come shortly after then every day, because I never saw or heard them again - just a clean room and fresh towels. That's the way to do it!

As a guest, I had a delightful stay, and I think most of my golf tournament group enjoyed their time on-site as much as I did. But many were not nearly as satisfied with the value they got as I was. I booked my stay on the resort's own web site at well below the group rate - which shouldn't have been able to happen. There were other issues with group room sales and reservations, but I won't go into detail since this is a consumer-oriented site. I'll just invite you to send me a message if you'd be booking a large group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in a Deluxe room, with two really comfortable queen beds. They had room service, which was great, as well as free use of a computer in the lobby for me to print out my airline boarding pass. The shower (no tub) was excellent. The only down side for me was no free in-room wifi (they charge $9.99 per day for that service.). The staff were all very friendly, and the room was really clean, with a nice flat screen TV and a large desk. I had a nice view of one of the golfing greens outside my patio.

Room Tip: If you want a second floor room with a balcony you need to ask for it (special requests not guarante...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Westminster, CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I spent two nights here as part of a golf tournament.....from the minute I walked into the reception area and through the entire stay the staff here just could't do enough for you. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and really devoted to making your stay here both pleasant and stress free.

The rooms are awesome, fresh, and very well maintained and the pool is wonderful. We played two different courses during the tournament and both were in excellent condition. I don't think I could find a negative here if I tried, so feel comfortable if you're in the San Diego / El Cajon area that you won't go wrong at this resort.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and four teenage kids stayed here in July for four days. We had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean, contemporary and comfortable. The property is beautiful and relaxing. It took approx 30 minutes to get to beach using the highways. The only negative was that Internet was not included in the room however I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in 312 & 313. We hand a ground floor room with nice patio and about 50 feet from the p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I spent an extended amount of time as guests of this hotel. While the staff is execellent, we were particularly impressed with the front desk who patiently assisted us with our many requests, and with Kenn and Cheryl whose kindness was much appreciated. Ths is a beautiful resort and although our stay for two months was unexpected, we're very lucky to have been referred to Sycuan Resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SycuanManagement, Manager at Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your review Bill. We truly appreciate your feedback. As much as no one likes unexpected events to occur, it is a pleasure to have you and your wife consider Sycuan Resort as your home for the two months you are here.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

One of my favorite concert venues in San Diego. Specifically because it's small (457 seats), comfortable, every seat is great, and the bar is separate from the performance area, so you aren't disturbed by waiters, waitresses, clanking dishes and whirring blenders the way you are at many other San Diego concert venues. Here, the focus is on the music first. If you're fortunate enough to see a live act here, it will be memorable. The acoustics are great, the seating is comfortable and plush, and you can have a great time in the casino before or after the show. Sycuan isn't my favorite casino in San Diego (look to other reviews on the casino itself), but it is one of my favorite concert venues. They get great acts and typically have no ticket fees. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write an amazing review on Sycuan Casino's Live & Up Close venue. We find that it is a great amenity to us and love having the opportunity to have accommodations as an option for when guests wish to turn an evening event into a night of fun and not worry about driving all the way home. We can't wait to have you back!

Been to Sycuan Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!