“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 290 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: American
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not sure what his name was - but very friendly and helpful... Also had a great sense of humor, a lost art in many restaurants.
The wonton chicken tacos were very good! Would order that again...

Visited October 2014

“Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stopped into Applebee's in Mission Valley. The traffic was really bad. SO ....we thought a cool drink and appetizers. Perfect! The appetizers are good size and tasty. Sitting at the bar was great, friendly bar tenders with helpful information in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We Will Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We visited Applebee's in El Cajon for a second time, a year later. Again, it was a positive experience. The service was excellent, the food choices excellent, and the prices very reasonable. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Living fly served for first legal drink”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I came to applebees for my 21'st birthday. I ordered my first legal drink of my life and it was served with a LIVING MOVING FLY in it. I told the manager and was told I would get a replacement. After literally 5 minutes and watching others get their drinks I contacted the manager Reggie again. I was told "it was a mistake and he was replacing it" I explained it had been 5 minutes, and that we had already been there an entire hour and we wanted to leave since nothing was being done. We ended up still paying for my husbands 8$ drink and leaving without our food order to go to Chili's instead. Last year on the same day for lunch I visited this restaurant as well and my order was served wrong. The manager then comped our food or at least half of it (I no longer have receipt), and really made up for it. I have no idea why more was not done for me on my birthday at this location. Applebees should have been honored to serve me my first legal alcoholic drink and instead I left with nothing but an 8$ loss for a drink we didn't even finish. I called Chris Sumner regional manager 11/12/13 and now on 11/14/13 still have not received a response to my voice-mail. Even Chili's said we should have walked out and not paid. We received a way better 2 for 35$ meal complete with 4 martini's, and desert which they comped because Applebees was so terrible. Can someone please contact me and at least apologize? I feel like I was robbed of my memory thanks to this establishment!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
El Cajon, California
“Terrific Job on Veteran's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

3rd year in a row I have eaten here for Veteran's day, and despite hundreds I had no wait for a table. My Waitress was Lisa and she did a great job. She started off thanking me for my service, then she told me about the Veterans special Menu, I ordered a 7oz Sirloin and double mashed potatoes. My tea never went empty, when it was low Lisa brought me more, and twice Lauren another waitress in the area took care of me. I can not believe one posters comments about employees standing around doing nothing, Do Not believe it at all, My wife and I eat here often the the staff is always on the move Thank You Applebee's for the great Veteran;s Day meal and to Lisa and Lauren for great Service

• Visited November 2013