“daughter works there” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in El Cajon
El Cajon, California, United States
“daughter works there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

need to go on a tour to see the workings, but becky likes working there

Visited July 2012

11 attraction reviews
“Great free tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I took my 3 chilren (8;6;4) on this awesome manufacturing guitars tour. The guide was kind, helpful, and knowlegable. The company provided safety glasses and headphones/receivers for the guide's microphone (hense everyone could hear during the entire tour!) My 4 yr old was board after 15 min, but the other 2 and I loved it. They encourage questions. After the tour, we were encouraged to play the beautiful/expensive guitars. The tour started promptly at 1 pm and took 3/4 hrs. It is only 30/45 min from San Diego by car (gps took me right there). It is well worth the trip!!!

Ipswich
19 attraction reviews
“Incredibly informative and a must-see for any guitar lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I am surprised that this tour is free (please don't change that though)!

The tour I was on went slightly over time and at no stage was anybody made to feel like the tour was a burden on any of the staff at Taylor Guitars. Considering the tour group is watching the staff perform their everyday duties as they construct guitars I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Almost as surprised as I was when I discovered they allow photography and the use of video.

There is so much sharing of information (with details on wood, technology, history, Taylor Guitar secrets and more) that I didn't find myself bored at any stage on the tour. In fact I found myself wanting to build a guitar I was so inspired.

The store at the end of the tour has plenty of items ranging from plectrums to discounted Taylor Guitars. It's a great way to spend an hour or so.

Visited April 2012
Santa cruz county Ca.
“if you play guitar, you have to see this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

what a great way to display your guitars and show the world how you make an excellent instrument from raw wood to finished product, under one roof, makes you want to own a Taylor

Visited April 2011
Iowa City, Iowa
8 attraction reviews
“Fun when its rainy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We visited the Taylor guitar factory on a wim because the day was rainy and another museum was closed. It doesn't deserve being called a factory because it is so clean. The guitarists in our group were practically drooling over seeing the beautiful guitars and the others in our group were fascinated over the details of the assembly. Our guide was pleasant and knowledgeable. While I would not advise you to take children this is a place teens would probably find fascinating. The gift shop at the end deserves time also.

Visited January 2012

Been to Taylor Guitars? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taylor Guitars, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.