“Great lunch, friendly service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Dunsmuir
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Formerly The Brown Trout Cafe. New owners.
Elk Grove, California
“Great lunch, friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Try lunch here, you will not be disappointed! The burger and fries were great and ample. Our waitperson was very friendly and even though the place was busy, the service was prompt. A great spot for great food when in town.......try it!

Visited August 2014

Healdsburg, CA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had a wonderful Panini and salad that we split. There was so much food and it was really delicious! We had our golden lab, Powell, with us and they also served him a fresh bowl of Dunsmuir water, in the outside seating area!

Visited July 2014
Farmington, New Mexico
“Excellent for breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Since this cafe has a view of the charming historic Dunsmuir railroad yard (and opened promptly at 8:00), we stopped in for breakfast. We're glad we did. Great coffee and an interesting selection on the menu. Both the peanut roll and the pineapple French toast were delicious!

Visited August 2014
Marysville, CA
“The food was great but the server spent too much time with his nose in the air”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stopped here after our first choice was closed. First of all, the food was tasty. I had the Mediterranean Chicken Panini and my wife had a cranberry salad. She had iced tea and I asked for a beer. Here is where things went downhill. Their beer selection is limited with no draft beer. The one I requested was out and the waiter offered up anonther that he said was similar. Not really so I settled on another. My wife had iced tea and she aasked for some Sweet and Low. The waiter informed her that they didn't believe in it so they wouldn't provide it to their customers. She went out to our car and brought some back in for her tea. The place is small but he managed to make himself scarce for a refill until our food came up. When we got ready to go she asked for a to-go cup and then a cup of ice since it didn't include any. He definitely had some attitude and while he was doing this I went to the counter to pay the bill. He gave me attitude when he informed me he had to take the tea to our table because my wife asked for it. All he had to do was stop and give me the cup while he took care of my payment. We'll never be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Weed, California
“Spring break w/daughters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My daughters came up last spring and this restaurant had live music so we decided to try it. The food was excellent and we had a great time. Music was 60's and 70's and we danced our hearts out. A little too much to drink but a great time out with my two daughters on break.

• Visited March 2014