“Seriously tasty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YAKS on the 5

YAKS on the 5
4917 Dunsmuir Ave, Dunsmuir, CA 96025 (Formerly Hitching Post)
+1 530-678-3517
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Dunsmuir
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: YAKS on the 5 serves outrageously creative breakfast and burgers to norcal locals and I-5 travelers. After doing business for the last 10 years as a specialty coffee shop and fast casual dining this location is the first time YAKS has been able to offer full gourmet breakfast and burgers. In addition to our regular fair like espresso, paninis, salads and home-made pastries, we now offer some of the most creative breakfast and burger creations on the five. Hours of operation: Mon-Sat 730am-7pm and Sunday 8am to 5pm. Find us on facebook at YAKS on the 5...COMING SOON... Norcal's largest selection of craft beers
Ashland, OR
“Seriously tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Yummy, yummy Breakfast at Yaks! I had the breakfast nachos and my boys had the regular french toast and the cinnamon roll french toast. ALL of our food was amazingly good. Service was excellent. Coffee presented in a French press was a nice touch. We will definitely return to try out the rest if the menu.

San Francisco, California
“Worth the Stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great food, atmosphere and service. It's worth the extra few bucks. Yo can really see the extra the put into every bit of the dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Funky restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Before we came in for lunch we noticed a sign on the side of the restaurant. If you get 5 gallons or more of gas at the station next to the restaurant show the receipt and get 25% off you bill. My wife ordered the chicken panini. The chicken was more of a chicken salad. The bread soaked up the juices and fell a part, not good. I had the Castle Craig's pastrami burger with garlic fries. The sandwich was piled high. Had to use a fork and knife to eat it. It was pretty good. The fries looked hand cut and the garlic didn't over power the fries. My wife told me several days earlier that they put lavender in the ketchup. I thought why would you ruin ketchup. I tried some on the fries and commented on how good it tasted. She reminded me about the lavender. I could put that on the napkin and eat it. The waitress gave us a sample of the sticky buns with a bourbon, Kahlua sauce. I have never bought a dessert from a restaurant until now. It was delicious to say the least.

Visited May 2014
Rancho Mirage, California
“Pleasant Find Along Hwy 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were on a road trip and it was lunch time. We spotted Yaks on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Were we glad we did. The staff were friendly, even on a Memorial Day weekend and the food was excellent.
The hamburgers were excellent as were the cinnamon rolls.

This place is definitely on our stop list from now on. No need to settle for ho hum fast food on a trip when a jewel like this is right off of the main highway.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carmichael, California
“Outstanding Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Five of us came for breakfast. The house-roasted coffee was excellent, the breakfasts were large and delicious, the home made bread and jams were impressive. The service was great, too. I'd return any day!