“Like visiting an eccentric relative” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cyndi's Snowline Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunlap
Cyndi's Snowline Lodge
You added Cyndi's Snowline Lodge to your Saves list
44138 E Kings Canyon Road, Dunlap, CA 93621-9711   |
Atascadero CA
“Like visiting an eccentric relative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights. We feel like members of the family now. We arrived rather late, greeted by a sweet dog who ambled down to the car with wagging tail. Robert came out and welcomed is into the eating area, then carried my bags up stairs to it room. Just as pictures on TA. The bathroom was more modern than I'd expected. We had quiet night. When we came down very late in the morning I just assumed we'd missed the waffles.Cyndi was there waiting for us, table set, "waffles ready when YOU are" she said. Fresh blueberry waffles, orange juice and coffee while we chatted with Cyndi. I told her I'd read on TA that her mattresses were firm so I had brought an extra plush blanket to sleep on, and she'd see it when she made up the bed. That night we returned quite late and Cyndi welcomed us with a thermos of hot water to make tea. She said she'd tried to make the bed more comfortable for me. (I have RA) .We found she'd put a foam topper under the sheets as well as a down comforter. Sigh. So sweet and perfect for my sensitive body.Next morning Robert made the waffles and told us Cyndi LOVES making people comfortable. If you like cookie cutter hotels this is not for you. If you want super clean, comfortable, homey, eccentric but fun surroundings, this is your place. Rates were appropriate, and only 35 minutes from Hume. I will be visiting Cyndi again and again. (My daughter lives at Joshua at Home).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

If you like people, you'll like Cyndi's. Offbeat for sure, but absolutely clean, comfortable, warm, and welcoming. Grand fireplace. You can't walk across the road to a Starbucks, but you can easily drive to Sequoia/King's Canyon parks.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I was here for one night, this place is wonderful. Our room looked like a B&B room. It was a king bed, really just two twins put together. It was comfortable, I was told by setting the beds up this way should people want to stay in the same room but not be in the same bed they can easily split it up into two twin beds. The shower is just a shower, not a tub.

The next morning we went downstairs and there were two place settings for us. We had waffles, watermelon, coffee and tea.

I can’t say enough about the Snowline Lodge, it’s just a nice comfy place, wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
American in France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My Wife and I had a really nice afternoon, evening, and following morning at Cyndi's SnowLine Lodge just outside of King's Canyon Nat'l Park, California.

We were greeted on this hot summer day with fresh, sweet WaterMellon, and uber hospitality from Cyndi and Jeff. Our room had a huge comfortable King Bed adjacent to the 2nd floor balcony. The balcony is really cool and a great place to hang out with other guests.

They even have a 10% meal discount arrangement on Tuesday nights at one of the local restaurants! We went to the restaurant for dinner and the food and service was great.

The following morning was punctuated with the smell and taste of waffles hot off the iron and some great coffee. Robert laid out the fresh waffles and coffee with mucho gusto and Paul took care of the room.

Then, my Wife and I went hiking!

We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The night we stayed here, we'd finished an epic backpacking trip and got out later than expected. We were heading out of Seki to Fresno when my husband saw this place and pulled in. We'd passed by it over the years, but never needed to stop before. I was tired, grumpy and skeptical. The owner (new owners) showed us a room with a queen and a bunk bed which was just right for our family of 4. The bunk was a little short for my 6'3" son, but that is normal these days. Our greeting was warm and friendly, the beds were very comfortable, the shower hot for all 4 of us, and the room and small bathroom was very clean and colorful. They gave us extra towels for the 4 us. The place is a bit funky, but well cared for and you can see the work they are putting into renovating it. My husband had a cold beer before bed and we all enjoyed a cup of good coffee in the morning before heading out. We didn't get a chance to try the waffles, but maybe next time. Jeff encouraged us to stay, but we needed to get on the road.

Room Tip: I'd try to get a room at the back. The hotel is right on a curve in the road and it might be lo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was nervous when I saw the initial pictures of the place and thought that perhaps I might need to drive further. I was looking for someplace for several nights to stay close to a camp nearby. It was a pleasant surprise. If I hadn't read the previous Trip Advisor reviews, I wouldn't have risked it, but am really glad I did.

OK - Here are the basics.
*Breakfast is free, and simple. The one morning I ate, it was a yummy waffle and juice (coffee was available.)
*The room, including the bathroom was super clean.
*The bathroom appears to have recently been remodeled the shower was great - good pressure and very clean tiles.
*There were no bugs anywhere in my room, and I inspected!
*The location was great for what I needed.
*The staff is very friendly and helpful.
*If you like a firm bed, you would love this! I would guess the bed I slept on was almost brand new as it was very firm.
*I would guess that most of their guests are passing through so they weren't used to refreshing with new towels, toilet paper, etc. I did have to ask for more toilet paper. On the last night, they asked me if I needed new towels. Every other day, or mid stay would have been helpful.
**Note: There isn't an outlet in the bathroom. There was one outlet that was accessible. And two that really weren't. I needed a three prong adapter for my laptop to charge, which they provided.
*There is no A/C, but although it was 90+ outside, their hallway fan, overhead fan, and open window made it no big deal.

Overall, a nice surprise and I will stay here again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The moment I pulled up to the lodge I fell in love with it. The look, the feel, the comfort and the quiet! I found myself many times during my visit amazed by how quiet, calm and still this place is.
The rooms are impeccably clean and the furnishings are so charming! Cyndi makes you feel
so at home- even brings you little treats - it was super hot and she brought around some thirst quenching watermelon! The staff is very accommodating - make you fabulous waffles, drinks, whatever you need. This is an amazing retreat away from it all - I even broke out my yoga mat to
enjoy the calmness of this place. I was sad to leave- I felt so comfortable there... I will be back!!! I highly recommend staying here and enjoying a super short drive to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park, what an amazing adventure!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Cyndi's Snowline Lodge? Share your experiences!