“Good food good service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Miami
“Good food good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Its good "anglo-Mexican" food. I was born and raised in San Antonio Texas where Mexican food is quite the part of the culture and done very well so I am a bit spoiled. But for what it is they do a good job. Noce place, servers were very nice too and a nice outdoor patio dining area too.

Visited November 2013

Livermore, California
“Try this place again...they're getting it right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

For the last few months, my friends and I have gone to Casa Orosco for dinner after work (once a month). Each time we've gone, the service has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and attentive and you're never left looking for a server because you need something. I love that they don't bother you or hover, even though you might have paid your bill an hour ago and they probably need the table. I feel like we could hang out all night and they wouldn't bat an eye.

The food is always tasty and consistent. I usually get my favorite -- Arroz con Pollo -- but last night I ordered their vegetarian quesadillas (light on the cheese). I wasn't that hungry, but they were so delicious, I could not stop eating! The margaritas are really good too -- not too boozy, just enough tequilla. I would never refer to this restaurant as 'Commercial Mexican'. I've been to Mexico several times and can say without a doubt that their food is authentic and fresh.

The restaurant is well-kept, the decor is great (feels like you're in rustic Mexico), and the outside patio is a wonderful place to hang out and relax. They have fire pits in the center of the some tables which create a nice ambiance.

If you want a well-priced, tasty meal in a great environment, try Casa Orosco (the one in Livermore is even better, by the way).

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, California
“Average food, average service, and average prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've eaten at Casa Orozco many times since it is close to work and home. Each time the food is average, the service is average, and the price is average for the food quality. I keep looking for really good Mexican food in the area. I've tried multiple menu items and each time I am a little disappointed. I have had much better Mexican food. Each time I go, I have to ask for napkins, or silverware or the check. The staff is not very attentive for a sit down restaurant. The prices are also high for the food quality. In my opinion most dinner entrees are $3-4 overpriced.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Keep Looking for Good Mexican Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

If you crave commercial, chain-type Mexican food you might like this place. But if you want authentic, keep looking. I've only been here once but if its up to me I won't be back. The good: Tip Top Margarita and the service. The bad: the food (and the price!) Sure the carnitas are moist, meaty and good but they come with the every day Mexican rice and refried beans. Yawn. I ordered the al pastor taco and chile relleno combo. The waitress asked if I wanted a hard shell taco instead of soft. One way I judge Mexican restaurants is based on the hard taco shell and their chile relleno. This hard shell must have come out of a box or bag. Definitely not freshly made in a lard (or canola oil) filled skillet. The pastor was OK but it was topped with shredded lettuce and cheddar? cheese out of a bag, or at least it passed for out of the bag. Nothing original here. The killer was the chile relleno. If you don't see a stem coming out of the end of the relleno you know something is wrong. This relleno was very heavy on the batter and cheese but you will hurt your eyes looking for the chile. There were a couple of small strips of clean and pressed ortega chile buried beyond recognition in there somewhere. I swear they came prepared out of a can. Oh, if you want conversation while dinning you better bring your shouting voice. The acoustics couldn't be worse. Sorry to burst the bubble. I didn't get sick so I gave it two stars.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tracy, California, United States
“Very good food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to casa orozco in Dublin on a Sunday and got seated right away on the patio . We enjoyed being outside on a gorgeous day with wonderful ambiance on patio . Plants, statues, umbrellas for shade .
Our server was very friendly and helpful and the good was really good . The rice was some of the best I have tried . Also chips and salsa were great!
We will be back !