“Good flavors, reasonable portions” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
San Ramon, California
“Good flavors, reasonable portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife had wanted to try this place since a friend told her about it. We arrived before 6pm on a Friday night, almost had the place to ourselves. BY the time we left it was almost full. We had the "Fresh Rolls" appetizer - not the fried Spring Rolls - two large rolls cut in half - very good, especially with either the peanut sauce or the sweet and sour sauce. Chili Beef was very tasty, and not to spicy (spicyness can be adjusted on most dishes).
Portions are not large, but two entree's and the Fresh Rolls were enough for the two of us. We especially appreciated the flavors in each dish - crisp and tasty, not muddled like some Thai food can be prepared. We will be back

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, California
“Small, modern and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice and modern atmosphere with good Thai food from an extended menu. The closest local food quality to what I experienced in Thailand.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“Solid Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I took a group of colleagues to Bangkok 101 following a business meeting. I had visited multiple times before, but this was only the second time I brought others with me.

Overall, the restaurant is a solid choice. The food is consistently good. I have always enjoyed my meals, and the group on this occasion all felt content with the food they ordered. The food comes out hot and they do a nice job of customizing it to your tastes.

The service is always good as well. It is quite a small restaurant overall so it is hard to be forgotten or neglected. The staff is friendly, knowledgable, and they ensure you are well taken care of overall.

The location is nothing of note. It is a small commercial building in the middle of several businesses. You come to enjoy the food and not the location.

I will continue to enjoy Bangkok 101 on return visits to Pleasanton.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CA
“WORST SERVICE EVER!!! DON'T GO!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

They have the worst service EVER and super slow. The servers are so inattentive you practically have to call them 3 times before they remember to refill your water. The food is not good or bad, just like any typical Thai Restaurants. I would personally NEVER go back there again!!! When I go to a restaurant, I want to enjoy myself not chase after the waiter and wait forever for my food to arrive.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Delicious and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

While visiting Dublin we decided on Thai food for lunch. Thankfully we discovered this restaurant after reading the reviews on line.

• Visited August 2011