“Beware of "updated" rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Beware of "updated" rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Front desk clerks were very friendly but also very rehearsed. Red flags went up when they directed me across the parking lot to my room.

Opened the old school door and was immediately overcome with mediocrity.

The most half assed update I have ever seen. Rough fit and finish everywhere, old depressing art and ripped carpet. Check out the photos.

Maybe there are better rooms elsewhere in the hotel but I doubt it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SioneT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
sibdog,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Holiday Inn. I would appreciate it if you could contact me in regards to your feedback.

You can reach me at the number below.

Kind Regards,
Sione Tupouata
Front Office Manager
925.574.7110

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here on a Tuesday night when the hotel was sold out. I felt that the service I received at the front desk was outstanding. The girls were efficient with their check-ins, but more importantly they treated the guests like gold. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent, especially loved the Island Shrimp appetizer. The pool and gym were a great amenity as well, pool was nicely heated, and the gym was new. I would love to come back and stay at this property again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Waterloverroxy - thank you so much for staying with us last week. And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always great to hear about our guests who enjoy not only our hotel, but also the hotel ammentities and our staff. And we agree, the Island Shrimp at the Ballybunion (the hotel restaurant) is outstanding.

We value the feedback from all our guests, so thank you again for taking the time to share yours with us. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again soon.
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were en route to Yosemite and wanted to be out of San Francisco to avoid traffic. Our room albeit very small was well decorated and modern. Very clean and bed was comfortable. There is no complimentary breakfast but a restaurant on site. Restaurant was mediocre at best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Liz_H_13_13 - thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dublin. While we are glad to hear you found the rooms acceptable and your bed comfortable, we are sorry to learn your experience overall and in particular in our restaurant was mediocre. Getting feedback directly from our guests is very important to us, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to call me at any time at the below number. We hope to have another opportunity to have you stay with us so we can provide you an experience that meets or exceeds your expectations. Thank you again,

Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Needed a quick weekend away without the commute! Love this place! Great customer service, close to shopping and easy access. Clean, peaceful and quiet. Especially enjoyed the pool, spa and courtyard. I was impressed with the events the were taking place while I was there and talked to the sales staff about booking our company party. Very accommodating staff, well run establishment and I will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Kelly - thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Dublin for your weekend getaway. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities and our staff. Providing our guests a great experience is our number one priority and we use feedback like yours to help us continually get better.
We would love the opportunity to help you plan and create an amazing company party. And if there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to reach out to me at any time at the number below.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel looks as though it went thru a remodel yet seems as though it was cheaply done. The furniture is Cheap and tacky. The rooms are very small and the wall sockets are coming off and the wall paper is peeling in areas. The King room that I reserved didn't have a working mini-fridge and was hot and smelled as the AC didn't work well. The one thing I can say is that the hotel smelled as though it had been heavily disinfected. I don't usually like that because it makes me feel as though they are covering something up. Also the room and amenities that you receive for the price is something of a joke. I would normally pay around $100 for a room like this. They are charging way more than they should be for this price. All and all it is ok if you have no other options but I would look for a newer Holiday Inn before staying here.

Room Tip: Nothing to help. The rooms walls are very thin no matter where you are in the hotel you can hear ot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Gndmwing: I would like to discuss further the outlined concerns regarding your stay, that clearly made it a less than stellar experience. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing from you as we remedy the items brought up-That I can assure you.

Please reach out directly to me on the number provided below:

Paul Munyasia
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past few months. It's a clean and well-kept hotel. The front desk employees are always friendly and helpful. The parking is convenient and close to the rooms. We like the convenience of the location. It's close to the freeway but not too close. The internet access was a big plus! We plan to continue using this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is quieter!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi JoAnn - thanks so much for staying with us this past August and for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. And thanks for noticing our high speed internet which we recently improved based on guest feedback.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us on more than one occasion. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

CVHS held their 20 yr high school reunion at the Holiday Inn in Dublin. After having a horrible experience with the reunion company Kirsten and her staff here more than made up for it. Rosa the venue manager was very accommodating and managed her people beautifully. The food was great and the service was top notch. I would recommend to any one looking for a venue to use this crew. Our classmates from the class below are asking about our experience and I will be totally recommend Kirsten and the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HI Jeff P - thanks so much for choosing to stay with us for your 20 year high school reunion. Sorry to hear your experience with the reunion company was not up to par but we are very pleased to know our staff helped make it up for you. We love hosting events like your reunion and work hard to make such special events memorable. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Rest assured we have definitely shared your feedback with our staff. Thanks again and please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

925.574.7101

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!