“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morgan Hill, California
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We spent 1 night here while attending a wedding. Very nice, clean hotel, and close to everything! The room was clean, comfy, and nicely decorated. We had a new sleep number mattress. The food and the drinks in the bar were good. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Beachlady10 - thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dublin this past August while attending a wedding. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Getting feedback from all of our guests is very important to us, so thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We would love the opporttnity to have you come back and stay with us again soon.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

When i arrived, I was greeted by the young lady at the front desk Christina. Real sweet young girl who made my check-in a smooth breeze. She explained all the details of my room and assured me that If i needed anything while on my stay to let her know and she would get it taken care of. I was not too familiar with the area so Christina helped me find some good food and shopping centers nearby. Other than that, real quick and easy check in with no complaints. Really friendly staff and great customer service. Huge thanks to Christina for welcoming me and providing me with great service. Will definitely be coming back :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear jjwilk123 - thanks for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Dublin and for taking the time to review and share your experience. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff (especially Christina) friendly and helpful. We work hard to provide each of our guests with a great experience during their stay, and it is always great to receive good feedback about our staff. Comments like yours mean a lot to us. Thanks again for taking the time and please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in, the two sweet young ladies Justine and Lovely informed me my booking through a third party had not been booked at the appropriate govt rate. They quickly walked me through the process to fix that, making the experience very professional and very welcoming to me! I will def be staying here for future visits because of my experience alone here today ;)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear MilitaryDude - thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dublin during this past August. It's great to know that our staff was helpful and professional in helping you resolve the booking issue. Getting feedback from all our guests means a lot to us, so thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience.

We hope to have you come back and stay with us again soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival Christian made the check in a breeze. He explained all the details as he check me in. Making my wait minimum. The property decor is up to date. It has all you need on the property or within a two block walking distance. Will return again. Thanks to all the staff behind the sceen for a great job.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ureyes - thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us this past August. It is always great to hear about how our staff helps our guests, in particular how Christian made your check-in a breeze. Feedback like yours is incredibly valuable to us so thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Next time you are in this area, please come back and stay with us.

Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I currently live locally in the Bay Area was looking to just have a relaxing weekend with my family. Holiday Inn, Dublin was a great location walking distances to restaurants and shops. Staff was very pleasing at check in, room was large and quiet. The Indoor pool was great for the kids! Breakfast buffet was a nice set up with many options. I would defiantly go back!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear JamJam82 - thank you so much for choosing to stay with us this past July for your "local vacation getaway". It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, including the indoor pool and the local area. Geting feedback from all of our guests means a lot to us. It's always helpful to know what our guests are saying, so thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Next time you and your family plan a local weekend getaway, we hope you come back and spend it with us.

Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I don't really expect much from a Holiday Inn, other than it be clean and functional. I'm not rating this HI against five-star hotels that I've stayed in that were far more expensive--but I'm rating it within it's "catagory" of lower-priced, business-oriented hotels/motels. This one is not functional, and it's rooms are quite shabby. I was there 3 nights for business. The hotel staff is great. They're cheery and attentive, and try to get things fixed asap.

Problems:

Tthe "sleep number" bed must be one of the lowest-end types available. This one basically had a bar in the middle the moved up and down. Initially it didn't move at all and had to be fixed twice. The bed was so flippin' hard, it was ridiculous. The WiFi repeatedly went out and had to be adjusted. (I also heard several other people at the front desk complaining about this.) The room smelled like cigarette smoke, despite the fact that I was assured it was a non-smoking room. The rugs were worn. Some of the towels had "ratty" ends. The "wood" bathroom door and room door were of the lowest quality and let in much noise. They also felt like they could be easily kicked down. The restaurant food is just north of fair. Additionally, the one night I ordered room service, the order was delivered with no fork, no salt and pepper, and no condiments. The air conditioning system is antiquated and not negotiable. Either the room is freezing, or if the condenser is turned off, it's damp. You can't get a little bit of cold air. You simply get blasted. The air conditioner/heater is less than a foot away from one of the two queen beds. You cannot adjust the position of the air vents--they're static. So, that bed is useless, as the air vents are positioned to bombard that bed. And the damned thing is loud. The plastic ice-bucket leaked. Also, would a Lipton tea bag have killed ya? I can't drink coffee. I'm actually allergic.

One reviewer said the location was great. And that's true. I had to go into San Francisco twice and I took BART, which is about 2 blocks over. I agree that the lobby is nice, but I'm not staying in the lobby. This hotel is in desperate need of a make-over.

Room Tip: Get a room above the ground level. Otherwise, you cannot open your drapes because you are facing a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Veronica P-
I am so sorry to read of your less than stellar experience at the property, and noted lapses in delivering a memorable experience with every guest as is our mission. I appreciate you choosing us for your travel needs, and taking time give us your detailed feedback. We use every experience like yours as a training tool to better our business and better serve our guests.

Please note that your comments have been heard and are being addressed. Reach out directly with any further comments or suggestions on 925.574.7101

Kind regards.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the location. I love that it is so conveniently location in the central of everything. The hotel itself is average. The room was a bit small and my room smelled like stale cigarettes. The sleep number bed was uncomfortable but I did enjoy the balcony. The lobby is decorated nice and the staff is very friendly. I think if this hotel offered a completamentry breakfast it would make for a better value. Overall this hotel is just ok. Not the best not the worst.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Pamster916,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize about the undesirable smell in the room. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!