“Mistakenly msde reservation here but worked out okay” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Midland, Texas
“Mistakenly msde reservation here but worked out okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

When I made the reservation, I confused this hotel with the HIE (rebranded a few years ago) down the road. They offered to give us breakfast coupons (should also say we are platinum elite customers) and that worked for us so we stayed. Room was clean, quiet--all we could ask for. We were not bothered with freeway noise. Glad we stayed.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pomona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here for a week while working. The customer service at the front desk was wonderful. Every employee was courteous and professional at all times. They did have a sleep number bed that my roommate didn't realize the first night. Just remember to lay on the bed while adjusting the number. I should be going back up north for work soon. I can only hope my company books me in the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

As a Holiday Inn brand hotel, this place stinks, literally! The Front Desk is nice, as it appeared to be the only part of the hotel that has been renovated to new Holiday Inn standards. The entryways, hallways and rooms smell! The wings smell awful, like food, curry, trash, dust and marijuana (non-smoking rooms?) The room was dusty, the carpet stained and waay old (dont walk on it without shoes. Didn't feel clean after showering in the broken tub (bottom covered with water proof tape!!) and dingy, stained, grey (suppose to be white) towels. The bed was uncomfortable, sleep numbers should be replaced when the controller doesn't work; the blinds couldn't be opened and they dont have shuttle service on the weekend?! Stay anywhere else but here.

Room Tip: Anywhere but this hotel, unless you like cheap and sleazy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

During the last three months, I've stayed at the Dublin Holiday Inn on six separate occasions while working around the Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Dublin, San Mateo, Modesto, etc.), and was never disappointed.

Besides the amazing customer service, especially from Christina, Angela and Paul C, the room was 5 star. It was exceptionally clean and well appointed, with amenites which contributed to making my stay not only comfortable, but luxurious. Besides the perfection of the room, the restaurant served great food. I especially recommend the grilled steak!

I would stay in this hotel again, and stongly recomment this hotel to others who want courteous and professional staff who offer a personal touch, room quality which exceeds the price and an excellent restaurant where dining is a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've now stayed here on three seperate occasions and have not been impressed.
There is always something not quite right about the stays. I was here on business and use the internet in the room a lot . The internet speed and service at this hotel is terrible. I am not being picky here, it really is bad. There were some websites I went to that just timed out because the connection was so slow, and that was at full signal strength. It was so bad I gave up and used my iPhone 3G connection instead !
On checkin, although a Gold Priority Club member, I did not receive the "bonus" coupon that includes a breakfast which I had received the past two times I stayed. (Never mind the bottled water which also was not given) . In the morning it took 5 minutes with the front desk to get them to understand what I was talking about. ( I know other hotel chains give a "GOLD" level member free breakfasts for their entire stay, this hotel only the first nite).
On my second nite I was looking for a cup to drink out of and noticed they had not been replaced and had to go to the front desk to get some...good thing because the ice machine on my floor also was not working so had to take a walk anyway.
I travel alot on business usually staying at Hampton Inns, COmfort Inns, and the like. I am not comparing this hotel to them . I'd think twice about staying at this hotel if you need the internet to do business. A lot of Holiday Inn expresses have this place beat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Charles, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently (June 2012) spent a week in the Bay Area visiting my daughter in law school (she lives in Alameda) and my son's family (they live in nearby Castro Valley). My son’s son was graduating from high school. I decided to stay near Castro Valley, so I chose Dublin and ultimately the Dublin Holiday Inn.
From the moment I checked in (somewhat late at night), I was treated like a long-lost relative who had returned after a long absence! The desk clerk spent several minutes patiently explaining the many features of the hotel, such as the exercise room, the business center, and the bar and restaurant. Later that night, when I was having difficulty with the password for the business center computers, she walked all the way from her front desk to the BC to help me – cheerfully!
The maids were always cooperative when I would ask to have my room cleaned at a certain time. When the manager passed me in the lobby, he inquired about whether I was satisfied with my room’s location and amenities (I am a senior citizen). A wedding reception occurred over that weekend at the hotel, but I was not disturbed even a little bit by the revelers, thanks to the hotel’s wisdom of putting all of them in one wing of the hotel, instead of scattering them all over the hotel.
I really liked the free parking and Internet access in the rooms. I also liked the Outback Steakhouse right next door, as well as a Chinese restaurant, both within walking distance. The bar and restaurant at the hotel were not overpriced, and the staff friendliness extended there as well. The food was expertly cooked and came promptly when ordered.
I used the fitness center several times (mostly the treadmill and elliptical machine, plus the free weights). Most of the equipment is fairly new and of good quality. I did not use the pool or spa, but I watched several families with children enjoy them. I even sat in the spacious courtyard and enjoyed a coke and a snack while I read a book.
My room had a sleep number bed that worked and a nice assortment of firm and soft pillows. The TV system seems fairly new and works well. They were installing a new in-room movie system when I was there. The cooling/heating unit worked quickly and quietly. The room had lots of lighting, a comfortable easy chair, a spacious desk, and a refrigerator/freezer. The bathroom was spacious, clean, and everything worked well.
To sum up, I can’t really think of anything to criticize in this hotel. Its price was under the prevailing room rate for national chains for that area. I strongly recommend staying there on your next visit to the East Bay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Francis S: I appreciate the detailed recap of the journey through your stay, and its gratifying to read that you enjoyed every bit of it. We value your recommendation and look forward to your next visit in the East Bay.

Paul Munyasia, CHA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this holiday inn for three weeks and the accommodations and service exceeded my expectations. Staff was excellent, especially Christina and Danielle. They were extremely helpful and always courteous. Would stay here again and recommend this hotel if you're in this area

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Morgan0502,

Your high points seem to have been the service by two of our staffers that you take note of in your review. Thank you for recognizing them. We value your business and most of of all, your satisfaction.

Regards,

Paul Munyasia, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!