“good food little place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 136 restaurants in Dublin
Danville, California
“good food little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sounded like a curious combination to make crepes and Thai food but they did a good job with
both. We had two different Thai entrees which were good, I thought the green salad side didn't really go with a Thai entree. One person had a mediterranean savory crepe and looked good he loved it as well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Castro Valley, California
“Blossom Bee Bliss...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I normally do not review local places on Tripadvisor. It just seems to me that this website was meant for talking about places far from home in exotic locales. But there is just something about the Bee that really makes my Wife and I feel like we are on vacation every time we visit. And I say visit because it feels like a visit, not just a grab for food to stuff our grumbling bellies. We genuinely feel like we are visiting a friend, and I guess when I say that I mean the place and the owner combined as a whole.

It was Valentines Day of 2013 and my Wife and I were in the mood for food. Our usual criteria is a family owned place with 4 stars and 1 dollar sign as we love good food on the cheap. We knew our usual local breakfast place would be packed so we decided to look for something else.

This little place called Blossom Bee caught my Wife's eye. I have to admit, when she first mentioned crepes, I sorta rolled my eyes and balked at the idea. It was an unusual premise in an unusual strip mall that we would not normally look to for a magical meal, especially on Valentine's Day.

What was unusual about it ? Glad you asked. Blossom Bee classifies itself as Thai-Crepe Fusion and they are truly in a class of their own when it comes to serving up thoughtful, delicious, and almost too beautiful to eat crepes of all different varieties. From Thai, to breakfast, to dessert or dinner, there is something for everyone at the Bee. Not all of the crepes have a Thai influence and if you don't like what you see on the menu, you can build your own crepe from a solid list of ingredients that I am pretty sure would satisfy just about everyone.

Our first time in was for breakfast and so we stuck to the plan. I ordered the Fruity Bee, my Wife ordered the Morning Break. Only a couple other patrons besides us were there. We began to wonder if we chose the wrong place for a Valentine's Day Breakfast. Those doubts were quickly erased when she slid a couple of huge plates with absolutely gorgeous looking crepes on them under our noses. Words just cannot do them justice. After a couple bites we were hooked. The crepes were perfect. The ingredients inside were tasty and the presentation quality was top notch. We have since been back so many times now that we have easily lost count.

My Wife loves the Veggie Yellow and the SBN. I like the Fruity Bee and we both think the Chicken Pesto is just amazing. Ultimately , it's hard to go wrong here. About the only thing that I ever see anyone complain about is the service as sometimes it can take a few minutes to get your food. It does not bother us as we now know what is in store for us but if you are uptight and in a hurry, this might not be the best place for you. There have been times when the food came out pretty fast, and others where we had to wait. We feel it's worth it every time.

There are so many food options in this area, but this one has become one of if not our favorite places to go. We step through the door and feel as though we are on a vacation of sorts every time we go there. There is just something about the Bee that is pure magic. If you find yourself in the area then do yourself a favor and search this place out. Don't let the funky strip mall fool you, as with most things, it's what's on the inside that really counts.

Thanks Blossom Bee, for what has become a countless amount of delicious meals and making us feel like welcomed guests every time we stop in. As much as we want to be selfish and keep you as our little secret, we feel compelled to tell the world. I guess Tripadvisor is a good place to start.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Blossom Bee? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Blossom Bee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.