“Kids get to color Guy Fieri's picture on menu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
milpitasca
“Kids get to color Guy Fieri's picture on menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. Our party consisted of 4 adults and our two grand kids, ages 4 and 6. My funniest amusement was watching the 4 year old color Guy's hair and face blue and green. She must not have been paying attention to his show! Anyway, this was my first visit to a Johnny Garlic's restaurant. The restaurant in nicely decorated with an open seating pattern and kitchen area. There were adorable little red and orange spherical glass ball lights dangling around the restaurant. I didn't hear any loud music that people have written about in their reviews. The hot appetizer of crab, clams, and scallops in a gooey cheese sauce was sinfully caloric but tasted wonderful - and it was large enough for 4 adults. My husband ordered the bison meatloaf dinner for $30. He just loved it and ate every morsel of a huge serving. I ordered the Swiss burger. The meat made the bottom bun into a soggy mess, so I had to eat the meat with a fork. The garlic chips were hideous - GREASY and over-powered by garlic - did not eat them after one taste. The two children devoured pepperoni pizza served with apple sauce and animal crackers. My daughter had the crispy chicken salad that she really liked. Now comes the strange part. The server brought out the pizzas and the chicken salad first. Then about 3 minutes later the other two meals mentioned arrived We kept waiting for the Big Bite Burger that my son-in-law ordered and were told it was coming. Well, my husband was finished with his huge meal before the burger shows up. We got apologies and that's it. My husband paid the bill because he does not like confrontations in a restaurant. After we arrived home, I called to speak to the manager about the situation. He actually was the person who brought the wayward hamburger to the table. I suggested that it would have been nice if something had been taken off our bill. He then offered to send us a $25 gift certificate on over a $100 bill. I wonder what Guy would think of my review. He is to visit this site in 2 weeks - I may go and find out in person!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Grove City, Ohio
“Mmmmm good ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had the ahi wonton tacos. Mmmm. Very very good. Love this place. You have got to try it if you are around here and the prices are pretty good too.

Dublin, California
“Great Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Celebrity chef restaurants can be over-rated, but I have been to this one a few times and will continue to stop in. The spicy sausage and penne is delicious. It really has the spicy taste the menu describes, a lot of sausage, and the pasta is cooked perfectly. The portion is large (enough for lunch the next day). I have ordered this dish each time I have stopped in. The wine pairing suggestion is great. If you put half of the pasta in a takeout container, order the banana foster dessert. Worth the calories!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, CA
“Out of Stock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Disappointed in the fact that they were out of two of the wines listed on their wine list. Why is the Bar Manager not replenishing their stock?
I met a couple of friends on a Friday evening. Their food was very good. Two of us ordered the cedar plank salmon, one ordered the bacon-wrapped shrimp. We also ordered a shrimp appetizer, which was also very good. Normally when we go to JG for lunch the waitress drizzles olive oil with balsamic on our plates when she brings the garlic bread. This waitress did not. She also was not very attentive in asking if we wanted another drink.

The Bison tri-tip (Hunter's creation) I ordered on my last visit was horrible. No flavor and the heirloom tomatoes tasted soggy as though they came from a can.

Overall, I like their food....But replenish your wines! There are lots of bottles of hard liquor in the cabinet, but some of us prefer a good wine!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon
“Fun atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is Guy Fieri's restaurant, so we had to go. It is a chain but it did not disappoint. The music was loud, the server's were friendly & the food came out fast. The garlic fries were delicious, the drinks were strong & the 16 clove garlic chicken was really good! Fun place & if ever I'm back in Dublin, I'll go again.

• Visited July 2013