“The service is the best part” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yanagi Sushi & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 136 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dougherty Rd.
San Ramon, California
“The service is the best part”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Not saying that the food is bad, just that the staff goes out of their way to ensure you have good, fast, service and get whatever you need. The food is also pretty good.

The wife is the Asian part of the family and she always likes the noodles and sushi here. For me, everything is well above average and good tasting.

We usually have Friday night to be Japanese or Korean meals either at a restaurant or a take-out, and this restaurant gets a regular visit from us about twice a month.

Since this building is fairly new, it is VERY clean and nice. It isn't noisy and there are TV monitors usually tuned to sports or other activities if you are alone or bored. We just ignore the TVs as the volume is not loud enough to be distracting.

My only wish at this place is for a better salad and some decent raspberry ice tea. The salad has a bland sort of watery sauce that is slightly sour. I much prefer the more traditional sweeter sauce that is at my favorite "E-Sushi" restaurant not far from this place. Also that "raspberry" ice tea appears to be nothing more than regular ice tea with a tiny dash of flavoring, so I suspect it is made at the bar by putting in an additive. It is so weak, I keep asking if they are sure it is raspberry ice tea. I think next time I will bring my own tea for dinner.

Parking is easy and very convenient. We never had trouble finding a place to park right out side.

The wife vote is a 5, and mine is a 3, so average it out and you get a 4.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Danville, California
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was excited to try a new Japanese restaurant - this was just a mediocre meal - tried it one more time just to be sure.

Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great Staff and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Took the family here for teppanyaki. Our three kids had never had that before, and the two youngest got a bit scared by the huge flames, but the chef did a great job joking with them and making them comfortable. And the food was great, too. (Kids didn't love the chicken, but gobbled up the shrimp; my steak was cooked to perfection but I would have liked more seasoning. The miso and salads were fantastic, though.) Wait staff was attentive in keeping our beverages full, too. Overall a wonderful experience. Will probably make this a tradition.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was staying at a near by hotel and they suggested I go here for dinner. I am glad they did! The staff was very friendly and fast and the food was outstanding. I had a roll that I had never had at another sushi place and I really enjoyed it. I will keep this on my radar when I am back in Dublin. I arrived on a Tuesday at 6:00 and by the time I was leaving they had a wait to be seated, so this place is very popular for a reason.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Obrien, CA
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have eaten at Yanagi on two occasions and have found the Sushi to be excellent and the service is very attentive. But the noise level is very high. Why the need to have loud background music is beyond me, It certainly does not add to the dining experience, in fact it is a major detraction.

• Visited June 2013