“Great Staff and Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yanagi Sushi & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 136 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dougherty Rd.
San Francisco, California
“Great Staff and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Took the family here for teppanyaki. Our three kids had never had that before, and the two youngest got a bit scared by the huge flames, but the chef did a great job joking with them and making them comfortable. And the food was great, too. (Kids didn't love the chicken, but gobbled up the shrimp; my steak was cooked to perfection but I would have liked more seasoning. The miso and salads were fantastic, though.) Wait staff was attentive in keeping our beverages full, too. Overall a wonderful experience. Will probably make this a tradition.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was staying at a near by hotel and they suggested I go here for dinner. I am glad they did! The staff was very friendly and fast and the food was outstanding. I had a roll that I had never had at another sushi place and I really enjoyed it. I will keep this on my radar when I am back in Dublin. I arrived on a Tuesday at 6:00 and by the time I was leaving they had a wait to be seated, so this place is very popular for a reason.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Obrien, CA
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have eaten at Yanagi on two occasions and have found the Sushi to be excellent and the service is very attentive. But the noise level is very high. Why the need to have loud background music is beyond me, It certainly does not add to the dining experience, in fact it is a major detraction.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Ramon, California
“small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to this restaurant the first time about a year ago. We like what they have to offer. The boat had a nice presentation. My family will go there about once a week and ordered the boat for up to 4. After about 5 months of eating there, we are noticing the sashimi pieces were getting smaller and smaller. The last time we were there, we showed to our server and she just ignored our concerns. I called and spoke with the owner. His response was " You don't understand our cost on the fish." Well, we are going to another Japanese restaurant since then. There portions are worth the cost of the meal. Each slice of the sashimi is about 3 to 4 times bigger than Yanagi's.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Walnut Grove, California
“Hot spot for sushi and tepanyaki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Here's a spot for great sushi experience. I've been to another location in Pismo Beach and both are fantastic. Food is prepared with presentation in mind. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Yanagi Sushi & Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Yanagi Sushi & Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.