“Great Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Duarte Inn

Duarte Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duarte
Duarte Inn
You added Duarte Inn to your Saves list
1200 Huntington Dr, Duarte, CA 91010   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Duarte B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have traveled 26 countries and thus spent a good amount of time in hotels. Duarte Inn: I was immediately taken in by the ‘down to earth’ friendliness of the staff working the front desk when I stopped to inquire. All other staff has been equally friendly and dedicated to make each of my stays very pleasant. I’m a technical professional from Illinois just looking for a safe, clean, great value. The breakfast is modest but the coffee pot has never run dry. I typically ask for a third floor room which commands a full panoramic view of the San Gabriel Mtns, from Pasadena to Mt. Baldy. This hotel is in walking distance of everything I need and is just off the 210 freeway. Although being an older hotel, the hotel must be doing something right … I am on my 6th stay at Duarte Inn. I sleep well, find the rooms clean and the property safe. Some of the amenities are ready for updating but the hotel is remodeling a few rooms at a time. I’m looking for value not another stay at the Radisson Blu Helsinki. So if you are value-minded, you’d better give this location a peek. This morning I was in the lobby when a woman walked in and wanted to leave message for the manager (he was working the desk). I overheard her tell him that she’d stayed at most of the hotels along Huntington and it was here at Duarte Inn that she felt most comfortable. After hearing her I decided to post my comments on this site today and procrastinate no longer. I feel the same way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Beware this hotel has roaches and rats its not kid friendly it stinks and smells like mold....this is a rip off!

• Stayed March 2011
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

The thin , smelly towels and the bare bones breakfast were the tip of the iceberg. The rooms smell of stale smoke, and another herbal item, depending on the day. Some of the rooms were apparently rented out long term, as one of them had a menagerie of stuffed animals decorating the inside of the window and a request ,in spanish, for the staff not to service the room. The carpet was so stained I couldn't recognize the color the carpet was originally supposed to be-needless to say, I kept my shoes on at all times to walk across the floor, and definitely wish I would have brought shower shoes. The entire hotel is old but has not been remodeled, or even kept up AT ALL! The light fixtures had wires hanging out of them and no covers (even in the bathroom- electrical hazard???), there was mold growing all over the tub insert, walls, floors, etc. There were holes in the tub insert where the handle was supposed to be and rust coming from within the holes. The mattress was filthy-I tried not to look, but couldn't help it since the one flat sheet on the bed was directly over the mattress-no mattress cover at all--as if a thin sheet is going to separate the years of bodies and filth that have been on that mattress from one guest to the next. The only positive I can say is that at least one of the desk persons kept a close eye on anyone and everyone who was on the property. Not sure if that's a good sign or not-it definitely made me wonder about the safety of the area in general. Regardless of the price, this was definitely not worth it. Between the filth factor and the safety concerns, I definitely would NOT recommend this place, especially for a woman traveling solo. And as soon as I got home, I washed everything, including our duffel bags, on the sanitize setting, before unpacking- enough said.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Duarte Inn? Share your experiences!