“Some of the best Thai food I've had” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 219 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian
All over
“Some of the best Thai food I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've travelled all over the US and theres only about 3 Thai food places I've found to be genuinely good, uses traditional ingredients and isn't too Americanized and is flavorful, delicate and intense at the same time. This is one of them. They were also really fast at delivering! My boyfriend and our friend are picky but I assured them this place had great reviews and would be delicious, and he wolfed down his BBQ ribs, said they were some of the best he'd had, and my boyfriend inhaled his Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken. I had the Green Curry with chicken and it was equally amazing! Right amount of sweet, savory and spice...delicious!! Crab rangoons also amazing but those are usually good any place you go...these guys had lots of filling in theirs though!

Visited October 2012

Downey, California
“One of the best places to dine in Downey- great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What did I like about it? Evertything! All the food in the menu is great. We eat here about once a month, I live close by & they have free delivery withing a certain range. I swear I call & 20 minutes later, they are at my door with yummy warm & freshly made food. I recommend the bbq pork, and the spicy beef salad (meat tastes like carne asada but with so many other flavors in it), the pad see yew is also yummy. I also like that they have a bar although it doesn't look like it but they do have a drink menu & the sangrias are pretty good. If you're looking to discover a place in Downey that has great food, this place is it.

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Good PadThai Noodles - rest just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We ordered Narai Thai take-out for the first time and were somewhat dissappointed. The Pad Thai Noodles and Chicken Satay were good but the rest of our order lacked - lacked flavor, lacked originality and came short of a memorable meal. The chicken curry was too thick and the vegetables were overcooked. Their sauteed spinach had too much garlic (and we love garlic). The spicy rice was dry and the meat was undercooked and rubbery.

Because I liked their noodles, I'll consider going back when craving some decent Pad Thai. I'll be picking up something else for my husband that night.

I guess we've been spoiled by PF Chang's amazing recipes, as they supercede all other Asian type cuisines.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Wonderful Tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We lived in Downey MANY years ago (40+!) - and were back for a vareity of reasons.

It was fun to go to this restaurant during our visit. We aren't extremely familar with Thai food but had heard that Thai food often has peanuts (and can be seasoned hot.) So we went expecting a vareity of peanut dishes - and there really weren't any but one or two - BUT . . .the menu truly had a huge vareity of dishes from which to choose.

The servers were very patient, pleasant, and helpful as we read thru the menu. We did pick a soup that was delicious and served most interestingly in a metal "thing" that had a flame in the center to keep the soup warm; I am sure there is a name of this but I have no idea what it is.

We also ordered an entree plate - which was also delicious -

I'm a big water drinker, and my glass was filled regularly - so . . that was wonderful!

We eat early (5ish) and had an easy choice of tables. It soon became VERY busy - and with couples, families, etc. and of all different ethnicities (as is the population base in Downey.) By the time we left - all the tables were filled in the main dining room and the additional dining area had guests, also.

There were also LOTS of people coming in to pick up their food and take it home/out.

It's not a place to go for the ambience, but .. . it was fun and the food was great as was the service.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Downey, California
“My all time favorite Thai restaurant in Downey/562 area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Me and my fiance are regulars here, no others place we go if we crave for Thai food. Why? food is soooo good, and on top of that its reasonably priced. I personally love the Deep fried Trout with a side of steam white rice. Writing this review is making me hungry :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere