“A rocking hard time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Downey
A TripAdvisor Member
“A rocking hard time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

When a hotel invites guests, they expect to be able to rest and sleep. The rock music coming from the hotel bar was loud, underscored by heavy drums and went until midnight despite calls to the front desk. Disappointed in the response.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Embassy Suites in Downey. Great staff, super clean, good breakfast, free parking, comfortable bed, in-room frig and in-room coffeemaker. The shopping center, downtown and Downey City Hall are all within short walking distances. The hotel is surrounded by national and local restaurants so there are plenty of choices when it comes to places to eat. The room was the typical Embassy Suites two room configuration with all of the amenities. We had no problems during our stay and highly recommend this hotel. When in the area, we will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High floors for views of the surrounding area and the rear of the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Can't beat the comp breakfast and evening managers receptions. Rooms are somewhat dated, but still an acceptable quality. Quiet hotel, only thing that surprised me was the $10/day fee to connect to internet. Complimentary in most hotels these days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Sacramento, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Staff needs training in accomadations when customer 1. asks to be moved to different room for two reasons, one =fobia about lower floor and two-noise below in banquet room prevents comfortable stay with microphones, applauses and noise to put up with 2. night manager refused to accomadate by stating "all rooms are booked, it was a Monday night be real 3. room service, I made a simple request for service, they didn't even take the order, I called over an hour later, "oh someone forgot to write it down, (taht someone was the SAME PERSON who took the original order, had to cancel it as I was not in a migrain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyDowney, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. While we can’t meet room type requests every time, we have shared your comments with our front desk team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Cynthia Baker
SLC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Indoor pool w/ spa and sauna was an awesome experience for my kids. Especially loved that it was open until midnight. There is a ton of stores around the hotel. CVS, Ralphs, Walgreens to name a few. To cut costs we'd buy food from the surrounding stores. There is a store down the street called Fala Paredes that is like a Factory 2 U that I LOVE! Very affordable shopping. The happy hour was amazing! The bar has karaoke nights which was fun. Breakfast is to die for. Hot breakfast! Pancakes, omelets, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, country potatoes are a few of what they offer. Not like your typical cereal and bagel type of continental breakfast at other hotels. The beds are so comfy and the rooms are huge. They're like lil' studios! Very spacious! I highly recommend you go to this hotel. I would definitely visit them again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

las vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were very pleased with the cleanliness, comfort and most of all the staff. The only disappointing think was the wait for breakfast. They ran out of trays and silverware. I will recommend this facility to any one going to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I book my room a few months back with two full beds and it wasn't a request it was basically what I book it for . When the time comes to check in they had told me they couldn't give me a room with 2 beds because it is book by a group that they had reserve . My thing was they made it seems like just because I paid on a family discount I was treated as not important since my room was discounted . I book the room before the group they had did , and it's very upsetting that I had to be in a loud room by the elevator since I they couldn't have a room for me , even though I book months and month before . I was told by the MOD that they will keep me informed if a room is available away from the loud elevator and the house keeping room . I waited till the next day and even after the day after , I didn't hear from the manager . So I stayed in a crapy loud as room for 4 days /3 nights . I even look on expedia.com to see if they are offering a double bed suite for the same time I'm staying in just to see if it is available Nd sure enough it was available and it was a little more money but it was available . I tried asking for the general manager but they were hesitant about giving me their name and said that they will not be back till Monday which I understand due to thanksgiving weekend .. I'm just really upset because I had stayed here before that's why I came back because I love the area and the room and the staff before but now that I came back I will never stay here again . The kitchen employees are very nice as well but the whole expirience with my room has no justice . Don't get me wrong Nikki the MOD was helping but I don't feel like she did enough to even give a good customer service . I will never come back here . I didn't even get a return call from her to update me with available rooms .

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Cynthia Baker

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-Downey? Share your experiences!