“An Experience Not To Be Missed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Dixon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“An Experience Not To Be Missed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Several friends recommended Cattlemen's in Dixon. We planned our trip to include a stop here for dinner, Made a reservation (thankfully) and arrived 15 minutes early. I have rarely seen so many people in a restaurant which is this large. Being early we found a table in the bar with our pager. Ordered a drink and appetizer. Pager went off exactly at our reservation time, and we were escorted to a booth. There are staff everywhere and all are well trained and pleasant. We had Glen as our server, very knowledgeable and extremely pleasant while not being overbearing. Checked back on us often. My wife had the steak and Alaska King Crab which was delicious.
I enjoyed the 14 oz Rib Eye, again very delicious. Salad was fresh and crisp. Baked beans were tasty. We will definitely visit Cattlemen's again and will probably plan our trip south to again visit this restaurant. Cannot say too much about the efficiency and pleasantness of the staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cabo
“Best Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Cattlemen's restaurant in Dixon California is by far the best and friendliest steak house we have ever eaten at. From the minute you walk in they make you feel like one of the family. Their management and staff are really second to none, then, if that was not enough, their extensive menu is full of the finest meals you will find anywhere. They keep it interesting with nightly specials during the week and we especially live Wednesday nights when you can get a $10 sirloin steak meal with all the fixings and 1/2 price bottles of wine. They also have a lighter bar menu that is full of delicious food items at cheap prices. We love it there and spend a lot of time enjoying the place! Give it a try!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davis, California
“Consistently Great Food and Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I decided to go out to dinner for date night. We desired to have a good quality steak dinner. I took a look at the reviews for several steakhouses in the area, and decided to stay in town and enjoy Cattlemens. We have eaten there on previous occasions and always enjoyed it.

I made reservations for the two of us for 7:00pm on a Saturday night. Upon arrival the place was packed. We checked in at the desk and were told it would be about a ten minute wait. After 15-20 minutes we were seated. I have never found their booths to be all that comfortable, but I am there for the food...

Our server was a nice young gal. She greeted us within a couple minutes. We both decided on the T-Bone steak. I usually go for the ribeye steak when dining out, but wanted something different this time. The bread and salad arrived very quickly. As it is an all you can eat salad, i enjoyed two servings and my wife had one.

Dinner arrived within a short while. The steak definitely filled up our plates. My baked potato was good, and my steak was cooked just right (medium-rare). My wife's steak was about the same, although she ordered her's rare. Dinner comes with a bowl of beans. We always enjoy their baked beans. We both ate about 1/2 of our meals and were nice and full. Our server brought us some to-go containers and a bag.

She delivered the check fairly quickly, but we did have to wait for her to return to pickup our payment. All in all we were out within one hour. The service was good. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was rustic and nice.

As I previously stated, we have enjoyed Cattlemen's in the past, and this visit was just as good, if not better. We recommend this place for a good steak dinner.

Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cave Junction, Oregon
“cowboy cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

It's a steakhouse. Big menu for carnivores. Fun busy ranch decor. Great service. Excellent steaks, stiff drinks.

Visited November 2013
Redondo Beach, California
“Celebration of 'New Life' and Good Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We Come To Cattlemen's For 'Big' Events, Like Birthdays and Other Milestones. On This Day (Sat. March 1st, 2014) We Were Celebrating My Good Friend John's 83 Year Old Father 'Richard' Who Just Got Released From Sutter Medical Center In Sacramento Following Open Heart Surgery. He Recovered So Quickly, I Was Amazed!!! So We Celebrated By Eating 'Hearty' Steaks. (I Had The 6oz Filet Mignon with Fries) and That Famous San Francisco Sourdough Bread ('Best In The West' IMO). Bummer They No Longer Have The "Beefy Wings" As They've Revamped Their Menu, but The "HOT" Buffalo Wings Was Great. Overall, We Had A Grand Ol' Time. FIVE CLAWS UP!!!!! Thanks, Cattlemen's In Dixon. Joe "The Bear" from near L.A., CA (I'm Visiting Rio Vista, CA - Where My Friends Live and Where I'm Typing This Review)