“Would not recommend!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Dixon

You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Dixon to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Dixon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Dorset Drive, Dixon, CA 95620 (Formerly Comfort Suites I-80 W. Of UCD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dixon
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Would not recommend!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I should probably start off with the positive and say, the bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly, nice, and as accommodating as possible. But this hotel has some real problems. The first night we checked in, we were initially given a handicapped room, which I do not prefer, because there is never room for one's toiletries in the bathroom. The second room was way too noisy (it was as if the couple next door were sitting in our room) and had two beds - we had specifically asked for a King Bed. The third room was fine. Because we checked in late and had been travelling all day, we slept in and took our "Do Not Disturb" sign off, when we left the room, at approx. 11:15am. Came back that evening and the room had not been cleaned. I called down to the Front Desk, explained what had "not" happened and was told, the maid makes one sweep of the hallway and if the DND sign is out, she skips over the room. I can understand that, if we had been in our room until 2-3 in the afternoon, but 11:15 is a more than reasonable time to leave. The girl was somewhat sassy and said that she could come up and make our bed. I said, I can make my own bed, but the whole reason for a vacation, is so I don't have to!!! That was that!
Breakfast, we were told, was served from 6-9am, but when we came down at 08:45, there was nothing left but one slice of bread and one muffin. Next morning, same thing and it looked like the same slice of bread and muffin!!
The last night, we never got hot water - it was lukewarm, at best. Nothing like looking forward to a nice, hot shower and never getting it! The elevator was also inop. I told my husband, I hoped it would be working the next morning, since we were checking out and had two big bags to take with us. The carpet in the elevator was dirty and needed a good cleaning or needed to be replaced.
The hotel is in a good location, but definitely needs some work and somebody looking after things a bit better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Dixon, responded to this review, September 6, 2014

(707) 676-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oakley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Cheaper then staying in Davis and only 10 min. away. Not much to eat near this hotel unless you want fast food. Cattlemens is close by Buds in downtown Dixon is also pretty good. Easy on/off to interstate 80.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tammy H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Dixon, responded to this review, September 5, 2014

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

It is a nice place to stay. Nice rooms, clean and ver quite. I will come back for sure. The people working there are very nice espcecially salman. I am happy that he checked me in because that just showed how sweet some people can be. But the night guy was drunk and was mean. I would recommend to not have night auditors like him. but overall my stay was great. I am looking forward to come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I staied there recently, was nice n no noise. Salmon was realy nice n was rely helpfull. Did early checkout and this night guy was drunk i could smell his breath. Whch was realy umprofesaional. After all everything was ook.

• Stayed September 2013

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a pretty new property and a nice place to stay. The pillows are not good, but the bed is very nice. The energy saving features are too much for me. I do not like all of them. The breakfast was a little below average and not as good as Holiday Inns or Hamptons..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sometimes, after a long road trip, getting a clean, spacious, and quiet hotel room is most welcome. That is what Comfort Suites Dixon provides.

I often need a hotel close to UC Davis and, although located in Dixon, it is a short drive on the freeway and, in terms of minutes, just as close as a stay in east Davis. Note that due to construction activities on I-80, however, the drive from Davis to the hotel is currently longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Comfort Suites, 155 Dorset Drive, Dixon, CA, US, 95620 is very nice hotel to stay. I have stayed once when I went for my child graduation at UC Davis. I paid $160.00 per night without tax, but I was very happy to stay there. It was very clean and staff was nice. Continental breakfast was very good. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: good size room