“nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Dixon
San Francisco, California
“nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

It is a nice place to stay. Nice rooms, clean and ver quite. I will come back for sure. The people working there are very nice espcecially salman. I am happy that he checked me in because that just showed how sweet some people can be. But the night guy was drunk and was mean. I would recommend to not have night auditors like him. but overall my stay was great. I am looking forward to come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I staied there recently, was nice n no noise. Salmon was realy nice n was rely helpfull. Did early checkout and this night guy was drunk i could smell his breath. Whch was realy umprofesaional. After all everything was ook.

• Stayed September 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a pretty new property and a nice place to stay. The pillows are not good, but the bed is very nice. The energy saving features are too much for me. I do not like all of them. The breakfast was a little below average and not as good as Holiday Inns or Hamptons..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sometimes, after a long road trip, getting a clean, spacious, and quiet hotel room is most welcome. That is what Comfort Suites Dixon provides.

I often need a hotel close to UC Davis and, although located in Dixon, it is a short drive on the freeway and, in terms of minutes, just as close as a stay in east Davis. Note that due to construction activities on I-80, however, the drive from Davis to the hotel is currently longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Valencia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Comfort Suites, 155 Dorset Drive, Dixon, CA, US, 95620 is very nice hotel to stay. I have stayed once when I went for my child graduation at UC Davis. I paid $160.00 per night without tax, but I was very happy to stay there. It was very clean and staff was nice. Continental breakfast was very good. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: good size room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
White Salmon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Dixon, CA. is an all suite hotel. I have stayed twice at this property an will likely stay again the next time I'm in the area. The rooms are very nicely designed and furnished. The hotel is quite new and the rooms are very spacious too. On both stays the room rate was less than $80 before tax. The stay comes with a free breakfast that was more than just continental too!!

Room Tip: Ask for a South side room for less freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Truckee, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Dixon Comfort Suites is a newer property right off I-80 in Dixon. It's conveniently located to UC Davis and the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts, which are less than 10 minutes away. We stayed there while visiting our child at UC Davis and attending an event at the Mondavi Center. The price is about 60% of what you'd pay for a comparable property in Davis. The rooms are nice - small sitting area with a fold-out couch, king bed in our unit, bathroom trimmed with granite. The room did not look 'worn' and the bed was firm and comfortable with nice sheets and a duvet/comforter.

The young fellow who checked us in was friendly and efficient and the place looked well kept, smelled good and had a good parking lot and a small pool. What went wrong with our visit was partially the fault of the hotel, partially other guests. When my wife turned down the bed to get in, there was a hair in the bed that didn't belong to either of us. Yuck. Other than that, the housekeeping looked excellent.

The other issue was that the people in the next room rolled in after we had gone to bed and started carrying on and making a LOT of noise. In some hotels, this wouldn't be an issue, because there's adequate noise insulation between rooms. Not here - we could hear conversation, laughter, little kids making a racket, all at midnight and after. The neighbors didn't take the hint of me knocking on the wall rather loudly and at 2:10am, I called the desk (evidently waking up the night desk clerk) and asked him to call the offending room and tell them to be quiet. That seemed to settle things down somewhat, but it was not a restful night. Let me add that we're not usually bothered by this - not upset by the fact that there are other people in the hotel and that they occasionally make noise. This was so pervasive and loud that it was really bothersome. It's not the hotel's fault, but the construction of the property evidently allows you to hear the next-door neighbors really well, so be forewarned.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet to outside noise, just susceptible to noise between rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites I-80 W. Of UCD? Share your experiences!