“Nice motel but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Dixon
Sacramento, California
“Nice motel but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a nice hotel. Good rate and comfortable rooms. The morning check out person needs to go to finishing school not the gym. Otherwise all was nice.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oregon, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I use tripadvisor religiously when looking for hotel rooms. I'm not a hotel snob, but need cleanliness. So when I saw all the rave reviews I thought this hotel was a safe bet. When we walked the first floor hallways, there were stains on the carpet everywhere...the breakfast, while standard fare was not well stocked....The rooms themselves seemed fine, except for EXTREMELY thin walls! There was a dog barking in the room adjacent until 11:00 pm and then at 2:00 the other neighbors arrived and cranked the TV until around 4:00. (not that the hotel could help this, but the thin walls were very apparent!). I said the room seemed fine, because apparently the room occupants before us had a dog, and the carpet was covered with dog hair. Which showed up in the morning when we were taking our luggage out and it too was covered with hair. I guess I think that if you are going to allow dogs, you should have rooms specified and not have them in others. The last things was that I took my two boys to the outdoor pool where they were playing catch (one in one out of the pool). The one out of the pool was running and stepped on what we thought was a rock, but upon further review there were beer bottle caps everywhere...I started to pick them up and there were just too many, so we left. During our vacation we stayed at 3 or 4 Country Inns and this, while the newest, was the one I wanted to get out of the fastest!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

During May we like to tour different parts of America and usually stay at Comfort Inns or Super 8 hotels. If you use one of the coupons from room saver or else where you receive no points for your stay. You must book at the hotel or with the company website to gain bonus the points. When we arrived, Raj at the front desk gave me a high price for the room. I asked if I could use the computer in the front and Raj said no problem. I then checked the price for the same hotel on the Comfort Inn website and found it six dollars cheaper. So I booked it on the the internet in their lobby. On the website we found Comfort inns was running a stay 2 nights get one free.
I have stayed at numerous Comfort Inns and this is the first I´ve seen with no hot tub. Which is one of the reasons I stay there and the pool is not inside.

Room Tip: Book on the internet
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Northridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We booked a double suite for the weekend. Upon check-in we were placed in a handicapped accessible suite on the 2nd floor. WE did not need a handicapped accessible room & it was not comfortable for us due to the set up for handicap access. The shower curtain bar fell on my head - Raj did come right up & was very nice about fixing it. There is NO placer in the shower to put your soap & shampoo except on the ground, the entrance light - which was also for the "closet" was out both nights. The "closet" is not well designed for those who need to hang longer clothes - they fall over the bottom bar & the bottom bar is too cose to the floor to use. Not sure how a handicapped person would set the thermostat since it was at eye level for me & I am 5'3". It kept resetting itself to 80 for somereason - that was a bit too warm for a room with 4 people in it. The double beds are true doubles - VERY small. Nice pillows though! Good breakfast, everythign was VERY clean and staff was wonderful to work with - the room was just a bit frustrating.

Room Tip: Ask for a NON-handicapped accesible room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

We could hear our neighbors having sex all night as well as every step the people above us took. Kinda hard to explain to kids. I expected more from a newer hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
Hartington, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Recently stayed there for 2 nights and was pretty pleased. The manager (Raj) was very accommodating and nice. The room was spacious enough for me to relax in and get work done. The room has a small fridge and microwave. Breakfast was ok, the usual suspects. There are a few places to eat at in walking distance. Walmart across the street for groceries if needed (also walking distance). Gas stations/snack shops right there (I find that very convienient).
They have a guest laundry, but there is only one washer/dryer combo and you have to pay (which you shouldn't have to, in my opinion).
Overall it was a nice place and I will probably stay there again this year when I'm in Dixon, but I will also be doing a little more research to see if I can find a place that offers a bit more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Monterey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This past weekend, my son and I spent 2 days at the Comfort Suites and were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were very nice. Newer hotel just minutes to UC Davis. Enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. The person who checked us in and out was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. Kudos to the manager for operating a lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites I-80 W. Of UCD? Share your experiences!