“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Dinuba
Hayle
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for one night after visiting Sequoia NP. A very clean well maintained property with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was adaquate and nothing ran out. Will stay again if in the area as the rates are good as well. As an extra note we took Cal 245 from the 180 to Fresno, coming out at at Orosi via J40. The 245 is really twisty and slow, probably quicker to take the 63, halfway to Fresno from Sequoia, it would be a lot faster.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWAmericana, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Americana, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your recent stay at our property. We really appreciate it very much. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
escondido
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Clerk at check in spent a lot of time to check us in. It was late, we were tired, and wanted to go to bed as soon as possible. He was wearing shorts. First impression was not good. Next day we got to know that he was owner of the hotel.
Room had bad smell plus mold in the bathroom. Drapes were dirty and uneven, Couldn’t shut properly. AC was noisy and dirty. Lamp shades were unplugged and hard to plug in since the outlet was behind the bed. Found piece of pizza from the corner of the floor, but we did not address to front office since the first impression was bad. They need to inspect room before rent.
Hallway smelled Smokey. We had nonsmoking rooms though. The pool was dirty and full of soil and dust, so we gave up going in. the exterior of the building was so dirty with the cob web ewww… some people were drinking outside felt so unsecured.
They close the front door at night; we had to walk all the way around the hotel. We never saw that kind of exit. They should keep the door open all the time. I am Going to complain to best western headquarter and also to ADA.
The breakfast was not too impressive. Nobody was stocking up. They were out of juice and eggs. We had good breakfast in econolodge. And just two tables. We had it standing, was so uncomfortable.
Overall it was poor management, not too good with higher price.
We didn’t know there was holiday inn in town; we would have definitely stayed there. They offer same price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BWAmericana, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Americana, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We regret your bad experience at our hotel. As the general manager I would like the opportunity for your revisit of our property. I would like to assure you and all our guest that we will make sure your stay with us is the best experience you can have at all times.
Santa Barbara, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We needed two rooms, one smoking and one non-smoking for two days for family Memorial Service and associated gatherings over three days. We needed two nights accommodations and found them to be both clean and well supplied, in addition to provided by very friendly and eager to serve-our-every-need-proprietors. A serve yourself breakfast of waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, orange juice, bananas, etc was available each morning. The pool looked wonderful, though we did not have time to enjoy it on this trip. The rooms were equipped with tv, wireless internet, frig,microwave, coffee maker, coffee, etc., all for just under $90/room/night, tax included. I know prices may vary for day of the week etc.

What is more, a couple of hours down the road home, I realized I'd left my favorite pillow that I had taken on the trip, to rest on in the backseat while my partner took his turn to drive. AJ was totally responsive, locating it and getting it back to me by mail. Hooray for Best Western Dinuba! I will definitely stay there on my next trip to Dinuba!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time and sharing your experience of your recent stay at our hotel. Your recognition our of service and and our property is greatly appreciated.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Horrible! The room had a bad smell. Why? MOLD! In the bathroom. All around where the shower Fiberglas and the bathtub joins. Dirty old fabric chairs. Reminded me of what a childhood girlfriend's grandmother's house decor. And that was 45 yrs ago! AC unit was dirty and when u turned it on you had two options high or off. Rips in the bed skirt.
I checked for bed bugs and thank God there wasn't any cause it would have been the last straw!
They shut the front door at night till 7am so it makes you have to walk all the way around the building to get out. No big deal if I hadn't just torn a ligament in my knee and we were traveling with my 87 yr old father. Asked for a room close to the door, didn't know they locked the lobby at night.
Breakfast is a joke! Doesn't start till 7am and then the milk tasted funny and the pastries we stale. The fruit was gross too. Shame on them they are in the middle of the best farm land in California. We bought fresh fruit just down the road at a road side stand.
I took photos of the mold and I am going to try to post them.

• Stayed September 2012
BWAmericana, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Americana, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
On behalf of all of us here at BW Americana, please accept our sincere apologies regarding problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. We will take all necessary steps to eliminate future recurrence of issues you have experienced for all our guests. As the General Manager I would personally like to speak with you, so i would appreciate if you would call me back. My direct number is 714-713-3034.
Dinuba, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great people at this Hotel. My 7 year old daughter and myself had the enjoyment of staying here for 4 nights. Great breakfast, quiet room, we enjoyed the pool everyday during our stay. Staff was not only friendly and personable buy trustworthy as well. Each day they had fresh baked cookies in the office, my little girl enjoyed the cookies everyday of our stay. So, on the last day as we were leaving the owner came to see us off with a bag of fresh cookie dough so my daughter would not go a day without her cookies. So thoughtful. Jonathan the nice young man at the front desk was there at all hours doing everything to make this a great place to stay for everyone. I would HIGHLY recommend this Best Western to anyone wanting a nice, clean home like atmosphere, with friendly, trustworthy people.. You simply cannot go wrong..Carla J. Manyok

Room Tip: All downstairs rooms seem great. Did not see an elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BWAmericana, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Americana, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We reallt appreciate it and hope you will visit us soon again.
Downey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked 2 rooms. One for 2 adults and 2 children. Another for one adult and one child.

The gentleman and staff were welcoming and really accommodating. The parking lot was safe and the entrance was cozy but nice. Fruit on the counter for a snack. We asked to see the rooms before booking and rest assured they are extremely clean. There were extra blankets on the shelf that smelled good. The towels were bright white. Small bottles of Pantene in case you forgot yours. I asked for one more blanket and they were right on it.
We stopped here from Downey, CA on our way to camp. We rested up for a week long trip in the mountains. We woke up to a kitchenette where we made some decent waffles, syrup, milk, orange juice and hard boiled eggs. There are two tables or you can go back to your room. All was included. I thought this was pretty good considering the price was very reasonable.
I firmly believe you get what you pay for. I paid a fair price and this place was better than I expected. I will be coming back next year :) Oh and there's a clean pool in front with a gate. The kids loved it. Oh and at night I had no trouble sleeping:)

Thank you to the kind gentleman in the front and the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for another blanket it was a little cold... but glad the wall ac works very well :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWAmericana, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Americana, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to see you all again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

John an Jacier at the front were awesome and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and nice. I could not have been happier. The pool was clean, all the fixtures looked new. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in town.

• Stayed August 2012
Your review is greatly appreciated. Thanks for visiting us and hope to see you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Americana? Share your experiences!