“Well kept-up, location so-so, construction not the best” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dinuba
Walnut Creek, California
“Well kept-up, location so-so, construction not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed here before going up to Kings Canyon NP. They're a bit over an hour from the entrance. Generally, the place is clean and well-maintained. I had only a few minor issues:
(1) I asked for a high floor and have platinum status with Priority Club, and got a 2nd floor room. Not a big deal, but it's not as if I asked for or received any other recognition for my status.
(2) Why do they build hotels next to railroad tracks? Well, I guess it's probably because the land is cheaper, but isn't the purpose of a hotel mainly to be a place for people to sleep?
(3) I could see shortcuts being taken in the construction (i.e. how tiles were placed, how doors were fitted), etc., so I can understand how some people found the rooms noisy.
That being said, I put earplugs in and didn't hear my neighbors even before I did, so I didn't have trouble sleeping. The mattresses, showers, and all the rest worked fine. Water pressure was fine. The internet worked well. This is probably the best place in town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed in this hotel after a horrible trip, since we couldn't find a available hotel we where happy that we actually could stay here.
The check inn was rude, don't think the girl at the reception really understood what hospitality is all about.
The rooms are oke, clean and comfortable. The walls are very thin, we slept next to the road and woke up lots of time because of the traffic.
Breakfast in the morning was a suprise and the friendly man (husband of the owner) made the experience of the check-inn all good.
It's good for the one night!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
thousand oaks ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

This new hotel has a great look to it. Nice furnishings and room accesories. But the real test came when the lights went out. The walls are about as thin as they come so if you like hearing every conversation from your adjoining neighbors as well as what their late night preferences are on one of the beautiful plasma tvs, then go ahead and book a room. I think I had the worst night sleep in any hotel. And the price is not that inexpensive. So reader be warned! If you are hard of hearing, this place is for you. But if you need a quiet sleep, and want privacy....go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Dinuba hotels

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

We travel often to the Reedley area to visit relatives and there are very few decent hotel options around here. We were thrilled to find this new Holiday Inn Express location was finally available. It's been open for a couple of months and everything is fresh and new. Three floors, plenty of parking, comfortable beds, lots of pillows, granite counters in the bathroom. Flat screen LCD TV with HBO, refrigerator and microwave. Nice new workout room also. We also used the business center -- two PCs with high speed internet access.

If you like unique charm and character, try the Hotel Burgess in Reedley. But if you like clean, modern, slightly upscale, then this is definitely the preferred choice.

Only complaint was breakfast. They have a very nice room with plenty of tables, a plasma TV and fireplace, but only one woman keeping the breakfast items stocked. There were only 5 or 6 other people there, but it took at least 10-15 minutes for her to bring out more items. Powdered scrambled eggs were not great, but the kicker was the small refrigerator which held milk, yogurt and hard boiled eggs -- not kept cold enough and a sour milk put a damper on my breakfast cereal. We were in a rush and didn't have time to mention it, although come to think of it we never saw the staffer again to say anything. Hopefully they're still working out the process for breakfast and will improve it next time.

We paid $90/night for the weekend of Easter (Friday/Sat), and I would definitely stay here again. Hotel is outstanding and new, just need to work on breakfast a bit.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I booked a room here for the 9th through the 14th of Feb 2009 at the 1800holiday number almost a month prior to the stay. I recieved a confirmation number via email and gave them my credit card information for a late arrival. I recieved a call from the Front Desk 3 days prior to departing my home stating that they were overbooked and could not honor my reservation. I informed them that I was coming from another state and really needed the room. I asked to speak with the General Manager and was told he was busy. I then called the IHG customer service number and complained about this treatment, which they stated that the hotel must honor the reservation. I soon learned that the hotel without ever speaking to me cancelled the reservation 2 weeks prior to calling me. I would soon discover that they increased there room rates becuase of the Ag show going on in the area. I called the hotel the night of the 9th and 10th and the front desk stated that they still had rooms available for 4 times the rate that they would not honor for my stay. I am shocked by the non caring attitude of this General Manger . It appears to me that greed is more important then the customer. I will be getting rid of my Priority Club card and filing a formal complaint with IHG.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — non caring attitude
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mrdAlaska
carolyn123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, February 24, 2009
Hello Sir,

My name is Carolyn Almeida, i am the General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express in Dinuba, i am a little confused on this entire issue for one i have not ever spoken with you or even heard of this problem til now.and i am a she not a he. As a GM i take my job very serious and i take my priority club members even more serious than my own job. I worked on the farm show bookings 4 months prior to opening the hotel i know that we did have rooms available so i am not really understanding why anyone would call you to tell you that we were sold out and we could not honor your reservation this is not even our best practice. Also you are #1 to us as a priorty club member. I would like to ask you to please give me a call so that we can discuss this issue and get it resolved between the two of us. Some things are very harmful to a companys integrity and in my opinion this is one of those things.

Please give me a call 559-595-1500 or e-mail me at cargmholidayinn@aol.com

Sincerly
Carolyn Almeida
Tulare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

Well as soon as i walked in the door I was greated by the front desk person very politely. made me feel very welcome. check in was a snap! and got to my room and wasnt expecting nothing that great but to my surprise the room was actually quite nice. nice plasma t.v., lounge chair with a ottoman, king size bed, desk with DESK chair. plenty of outlets to plug my laptop in. and an alarm clock i could plug my ipod into! they even had some nice computers in their business center. room was clean which is a major thing for me! breakfast was awesome! biscuits and gravy with a cinnamon roll that went against my diet but i had to have it! wanted another! woke up with my receipt under my door so i didnt have to deal with checkout! just walked right out after breakfast. all in all i recommend this place and will be staying here in the future for sure!

• Liked — The Breakfast and express checkout
  • Disliked — i had to go back home
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dinuba
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 158 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West? Share your experiences!