“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Dinuba
irvine, ca
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We used this hotel as a base while visiting relatives in Reedley and Selma. Clean, friendly staff, easy checkout. Our room faced a vacant area behind the hotel. Very quiet. Complimentary breakfast was a step up from other Holiday Inn locations we have stayed at in the past. A menu for the week is posted near the reception desk. Large shopping center nearby is a plus. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Seems like a nice property. However if fitness is important to you, this property lacks majorly. The elliptical and treadmill are OLD and unsafe. They move in an abnormal way. The belt slides and sticks on the treadmill. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear kristineosthoff,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We apologize our Fitness Center did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Artesia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last weekend we stayed for just one night at the Holiday Inn Express, Dinuba. We went for an 80th birthday party of my husband's Aunt. She had given us a couple of choices of Hotels and we just made the plans to stay here because of the chain and its good reputation.
Yes we were only there for one night but the room was clean and the breakfast was plentiful.
I was concerned about the Arco station on the same property but we never heard any noise from there, however the train came by and as he blew the horn I had visions of an old "I love Lucy" show and the bed bouncing across the room, haha but as soon as it was gone we never heard another one that night. When I mentioned it to the family they said none of them heard the train at all. So I would not be concerned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Antonio J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Pat-Artesia,
Thank you for your selection in our holiday inn express and Suites; we truly valued the opportunity to welcome you and your family. It brings us great joy to know that our guests are enjoying their stay with our hotel, Thank you kindly for your feedback and the laugh. I welcome you back i advance. We look forward to your next arrival.
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here on final day of trip,with college buddies. Hotel is new and shows well. Close to several dining options, which they mapped out for us. Breakfast options the following morning were ample, and the staff friendly and helpful. Definitely a place to stay while in town.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Msiran,

I first would like to thank you for your selection in our Holiday inn express and Suites, We thank you for your time to send us your feedback that others guests will consider while selecting our venue for their travel, All of us here at The holiday Inn express and Suites in Dinuba are proud to share our warmth spirit of hospitality. It’s always a pleasure to be of service and we are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel was great. This was my first time to this area, but this hotel seemed to be one of the newer properties in the city. Facilities were either new or renovated, and staff was super friendly and helpful (they allowed me to check out a day early without penalty or hassle--not something I've seen before at least). Plenty of parking, and our room was very clean and well-presented.

Only issues:

- There are apparently train tracks nearby because we heard a passing train and horn in the middle of the night, but thankfully, it only happened once.
- Breakfast was not that great -- weird textured eggs (I'm guessing it's prepackaged scrambled egg mix); so-so mini waffles (probably pre-frozen); fairly good sausage.
- Beds are FIRM. Not as cushy as I'm used to, but strangely, I slept well on it.

Overall, a very good experience. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Antonio J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ugamark,
It was a pleasure to have had you at our hotel as a guests, Its very important to us to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and to be themselves when staying with us. Its bring us great joy to know that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and we have taken the feedback on our breakfast and had made changes accordingly to ensure the satisfaction in our guests when staying with us.Thank you kindly for your feedback and we welcome you back in advance.
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great Visit. Arrived 4 hours BEFORE check-in (sometimes travel does work well). Room was ready and clean. No hassle about the early check in. Check in fast, clerk very friendly. Room was freezing, but it was 28 degrees that night. Heater warmed up fast. Note to management: There are heating controls on the wall and on the unit. Was never quite sure which controlled what. A brief written explanation in the room would be helpful.

Vending machines (beverages only) and ice were next to the elevators. That was also where the maid’s storage room was. This kept the hall noise to a minimum.

A previous reply indicated you want a room on the North/West side because of the 24 hour gas station in front of the hotel. This is absolutely correct. That ARCO station probably has the cheapest gas within30 miles, and always had 5-10 cars filling up on the Saturday I was there. But it also makes a nice stop to get a munchie, since there’s nothing else within walking distance. Lots of restaurants, fast food, and a Wal Mart all within a mile.

Bathroom was clean, and had surprising good lightening. Hot water arrived fast. Plenty of thick towels. Only weird thing is that there were zero towel racks in the bathroom. If I wanted to re-use a towel, I had to leave it on the sink. Not really eco-friendly.

Breakfast was usual type served at a Holiday Inn Express. Did like having the little cartons of milk so I could take one back to the room to take my pills.

All-in-all, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Backside of hotel, away from the gas station
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Antonio J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear sgbelverta,
We would like to thank you for your selection in our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, We are excited to hear overall your where able to enjoy being yourself and relaxing with us. We thank you kindly for your time and positive feedback. Until next time have a great week. We welcome you back in advance.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Dinuba, CA during a business meeting I was hosting in the area, and I even suggested to my meeting participants to stay there, most of whom did. I had booked for a Sunday arrival, but due to illness I arrived on Monday at around lunch time. I was feeling terrible and looking forward to resting in my room and cleaning up before my 2 p.m. meeting, but when I arrived the woman at the front desk told me that my three night pre-paid reservation had been kicked out of the system due to not notifying them that I would arrive late. I apologized (this was, after all, my fault) and asked to be given keys to my room, but they told me that a room would not be available for me for another hour and a half. After an hour and 45 minutes I asked what the status of my room was, and I was finally given keys to my room.

The rooms are relatively updated, nothing spectacular, and the hotel is moderately clean. The "gym" is deplorable - there are three workout machines, and I tried two: the Nordic Track treadmill, which was virtually unusable, and the Nordic Track elliptical, which was also in very poor condition.

The icing on the cake was that I contacted Holiday Inn Corporate THREE TIMES to notify them of my experience, and each time they said that "the [local] hotel is in the best position to discuss and resolve your concern." In none of these instances did the hotel reply to my e-mails.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Antonio J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear SKM980,
Holiday Inn Express and Suites first would like to thank you for your selection in our hotel. On behalf of myself and team I sincerely apologize for your experience. Holiday Inn Express and Suites has not taken your feedback lightly and have taken corrective Action to prevent this from happening to future guests. It is and has been our goal to deliver a warmth spirit of hospitality and to ensure your satisfaction during your stay with us. Thank you kindly for your time for sending us your feedback.
Antonio Jaramillo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dinuba
Free Parking, B...
Marriott Visalia
Marriott Visalia
#5 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 180 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West? Share your experiences!