“Worst in Diamond Bar” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Diamond Bar
Pasadena, California
“Worst in Diamond Bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't know how it ended up #2 in D Bar. We had a emergency home repairs done lately, we went through three hotels in the area: quality inn and suites, holiday inn, and this outfit here. worst ever! not only we are jacked on the price. the room is smelling and you can hear your next door having sex. don't bring your kids! shady people hanging around. I rather checking in a motel 6 before i end up in this dump again.

Room Tip: run! dont walk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Compared to other BW hotels I stayed at, this one is average. The rooms are clean and spacious. TV's are dated (older models) no flat screens, furniture ok. Property well kept, onsite laundry, plenty of parking. Conveniently located with easy access to freeway, near supermarket, K-Mart, fast food, gas stations, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and clean, beds are large and comfortable. Ample parking with easy access to the rooms, FREE parking. Decent breakfast with a selection of waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruits, hot beverage and juices. Free wifi and free business center access with printer. Area is okay with food places, grocery and gas station within walking distance. The hotel is relatively new and well kept, laundry machines are in good condition. Distance from major attractions are a little further, you will need a car but staying in Hollywood area will cost you more, either that or hotels at the price of this will be older and perhaps not as reliably clean. Pricing I believe can be lower but I really had a pleasant stay, thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
Rowland Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

easy access to freeway 60 and 57, close to gas station, supermarket. will recommend. Compare to other hotel, this one is not so crowd, this is a plus. Many people stay here is for travel with family and friends, not many for business. With pool.

Room Tip: room face against freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Santa Maria, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had stayed here once before and liked the room, but the rennovations were in full force then and it was hard to visualize what it would become.

We went down for the NHRA Winternationals, and I waited too long, most places were already booked. The location of this hotel worked for us, since it is near some good friends, so I came on here and checked reviews. I was a little worried because a couple of reviews complained about Customer Service.

Well, MY experience was that I was welcomed and that my one concern was addressed promptly: I smelled cigarette smoke around 6 am, I was still in bed. The rooms are non-smoking, so I looked to see if it could be coming in from outside via an air conditioning unit. No, the AC/Heat unit is located on an inside wall and uses inside air only... that's when I saw light coming in under the door. No threshold strip.

When I went to the desk, I informed the gentleman there of the problem. He and a younger man there offered to go fix it right then! I declined, as I was about to get ready for our day. They promised to take care of it while I was gone... and they DID. The next morning, there was NO light coming in under the door and I did not smell smoke from passing cigarettes.

The room was clean, comfortable and attractive. The breakfast was actually very nice - the usual cool items (muffins, bagels, sweet rolls, cereal, juice, etc.) AND you could make your own hot waffles! I had a blueberry waffle the first morning and enjoyed it very much. Didn't indulge the next, as we were meeting friends for breakfast, but I will keep this place in mind next time.

Bed is "medium" hardness. Soft is better for me, because of spinal issues I have, but I did ok with two nights here.

Over all, it was a very nice place and the staff were all quite friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have less freeway noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pahrump
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here because if a death in the family. It was nice to not have to deal with a hotel stay add well as everything else. We stayed here before and got good service so we tried again. Other than the noise from the freeway everything was great. Than you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!