“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Diamond Bar
Harrisburg, Pennsyvania
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights here and couldn't have been better. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was excellent. Great location. Some older reviews weren't so good, so I was hesitant to stay here, but they must have really cleaned up their act!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My stay at the Best Western in Diamond Bar was very nice. The hotel room was extremely spacious and very clean. The staff was not the friendliest, but not terrible. The free breakfast in the morning was nothing special, but definitely nice to have. The only downside was that I booked this hotel through Best Western's website and there was no disclosure about an additional person fee. I booked the room for 2 people, but at the last minute had a third person decide to stay. The hotel staff noticed the third person staying with us and charged us an extra $11 a day to have her stay there. I didn't mind the extra fee, just didn't like that the website did not discuss the additional fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a 5 day Business stay. The Hotel looks great from the outside. Outside room entrances in this 2 story building. I didn’t see an Elevator.

The Front Desk Staff was friendly and nice, but so slooooow. It took me quite a while to check in.

I booked a room on the Highway side where they offer discounted rates. The traffic noise wasn’t so bad. I heard the rush hour traffic, but it calmed down later at night. The night traffic didn’t disturb my sleep at all.

Rooms are quite large with clean walls, ceilings, and carpeting. The bed was comfortable. No chair for relaxing, but there is a “Kitchen” type table with two chairs. The work desk is medium size with 2 electrical outlets. Microwave & Fridge, tube style TV with good picture quality. There were a lot of channels, but they’re mostly infomercials not really a lot to watch. There is a small Heat / AC unit on the wall. It cooled the room nicely, and was totally silent.

The Bathroom is also quite roomy, with good water pressure and hot water.

The Free Breakfast has all cold items, except for a waffle maker. It was slightly sparse as far as Hotel Breakfasts go. Not bad, but I enjoy a warm Breakfast in the morning. I went to the grocery store across the street and got some microwave breakfast items.

Check out was as slow as check in.

All in all, it’s a nice clean place to stay. It just takes a while to get in & out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Room smelled damp and was very humid. A/c wouldnt work in room so got changed to a room that was as humid as the first. No elevator on site which is not convenient with heavy luggage. Pool view and gym are nice commodity. Towels were stained and linens smelled of sweat. room lighting was very dark...too many energy saving low wattage bulbs. Channel selection on tv was great but no wifi only wired internet access. Has a very middle eastern feel and design. Room was pricey in comparison to other upper scale hotels. Toiletries were readily available which is always great!

• Stayed April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Wow, I loved the room sizes, especially for the price. However, receptionist staff kept insisting my room upgrade and extensded reservation charges would appear on my Expedia account. This sounded fishy to me because Expedia doesn't have permission to create new reservations without my consent. Why would Expedia let the hotel bill my account without my permission? So then, I asked for a summary of charges and the staff changed their tune without batting an eye, agreeing that the non-Expedia charges were billed directly from the hotel to me. At least three times with 3 different staff, I was told my upgrades and additional night would be billed through Expedia. Meanwhile, Expedia has a policy of making me cancel reeservations in order to change them. Why would they care to lift a finger in my direction just because the hotel says so?

Also, when I first arrived, my room had not been thorouhly cleaned. There were two open packages of chips and crackers on the desk. On the side table, a paper keyholder with the previous occupant's notes it, and a non hotel pen. Not a big deal but it felt gross to think about it, so I reported it to the front desk. NO APOLOGY AT ALL. Iinsead of giving me a discount like I asked, they made me come back to the lobby, wait in line for 15 minutes, and get a new room. Felt cheap and inconsiderate.

The continental breakfast was miserly as well. Cold boiled eggs, waffle makers, and hot coffee were the highlights. Waxy fruit, oatmeal in packages, kids cereal, pastries and bread are the subtier foods.

Ok, I liked the jacuzzi, free parking, and free wifi. Also liked the free printer and computer useage.

Sigh. I have yet to check my bank statement but if not for the overstuffed pillows and the weird accounting practices, I would have been pretty satisfied. Again, huge rooms, with mini fridge and microwave. Worht the money.

• Stayed January 2012
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My stay was business and family vacation.
The hotel has a nice landscape, spacious room, okay selection of breakfast. It Lacks character from the staff. The man manager was kind, his wife (assuming was his wife) was plain rude and lack customer service.

They went into my bank account several times and change the charges, what also got me mad was the way they invoice which was not logical and correct. The swimming pool was dirty with plant trash and dead insects, the worst part for me, beside the fact of them not being able to give me correct invoices and how they charge my bank account (for my long stay) was the jacuzzi.
I went in the jacuzzi and was infested with urine, that was so disgusting for me.
After hours folks gather and smoke like a chimney which went into our non-smoking room.
We had to keep our window close. They need to change the location were folks smoke.
Now, the manager did apologize, but it was after complaining to them several times.
I won't stay there again. I Don't Recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

It's obvious from the past reveiws that these people are either way too picky or simply idiots. We stayed on the freeway side ($79.00). Other than the occasional motorcycle, the sound resembled a quiet running stream. The hotel including the room looked like it had just been remodeled....very clean, very nice. Everything was functional and it was very close (walking distance) to businesses and restraunts which was an added bonus. To our suprise, what we thought would simply be a continental breakfast in the lobby far exceeded "continental". There were danishes, bagels, toast, english and plain muffins, homemade waffles, eggs, 5-6 different kinds of cereal & milk, coffee (4-5 kinds), tea, orange & cranberry juice and probably something I left out. It was 10 minutes from the LA County Fair which was another plus. By the way, good luck finding a brand name hotel of this caliber near the Fairplex for $79.00. Staff was pleasant at check in and check out and did I mention the workout room and pool......another plus. A win win situation anyway you look at it. I'll be back next year for the fair and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I sayed in room 220 so do the math