“Suite-sized single rooms, skimpy breakfast, and shady management/customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites

Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Diamond Bar
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Wow, I loved the room sizes, especially for the price. However, receptionist staff kept insisting my room upgrade and extensded reservation charges would appear on my Expedia account. This sounded fishy to me because Expedia doesn't have permission to create new reservations without my consent. Why would Expedia let the hotel bill my account without my permission? So then, I asked for a summary of charges and the staff changed their tune without batting an eye, agreeing that the non-Expedia charges were billed directly from the hotel to me. At least three times with 3 different staff, I was told my upgrades and additional night would be billed through Expedia. Meanwhile, Expedia has a policy of making me cancel reeservations in order to change them. Why would they care to lift a finger in my direction just because the hotel says so?

Also, when I first arrived, my room had not been thorouhly cleaned. There were two open packages of chips and crackers on the desk. On the side table, a paper keyholder with the previous occupant's notes it, and a non hotel pen. Not a big deal but it felt gross to think about it, so I reported it to the front desk. NO APOLOGY AT ALL. Iinsead of giving me a discount like I asked, they made me come back to the lobby, wait in line for 15 minutes, and get a new room. Felt cheap and inconsiderate.

The continental breakfast was miserly as well. Cold boiled eggs, waffle makers, and hot coffee were the highlights. Waxy fruit, oatmeal in packages, kids cereal, pastries and bread are the subtier foods.

Ok, I liked the jacuzzi, free parking, and free wifi. Also liked the free printer and computer useage.

Sigh. I have yet to check my bank statement but if not for the overstuffed pillows and the weird accounting practices, I would have been pretty satisfied. Again, huge rooms, with mini fridge and microwave. Worht the money.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My stay was business and family vacation.
The hotel has a nice landscape, spacious room, okay selection of breakfast. It Lacks character from the staff. The man manager was kind, his wife (assuming was his wife) was plain rude and lack customer service.

They went into my bank account several times and change the charges, what also got me mad was the way they invoice which was not logical and correct. The swimming pool was dirty with plant trash and dead insects, the worst part for me, beside the fact of them not being able to give me correct invoices and how they charge my bank account (for my long stay) was the jacuzzi.
I went in the jacuzzi and was infested with urine, that was so disgusting for me.
After hours folks gather and smoke like a chimney which went into our non-smoking room.
We had to keep our window close. They need to change the location were folks smoke.
Now, the manager did apologize, but it was after complaining to them several times.
I won't stay there again. I Don't Recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

It's obvious from the past reveiws that these people are either way too picky or simply idiots. We stayed on the freeway side ($79.00). Other than the occasional motorcycle, the sound resembled a quiet running stream. The hotel including the room looked like it had just been remodeled....very clean, very nice. Everything was functional and it was very close (walking distance) to businesses and restraunts which was an added bonus. To our suprise, what we thought would simply be a continental breakfast in the lobby far exceeded "continental". There were danishes, bagels, toast, english and plain muffins, homemade waffles, eggs, 5-6 different kinds of cereal & milk, coffee (4-5 kinds), tea, orange & cranberry juice and probably something I left out. It was 10 minutes from the LA County Fair which was another plus. By the way, good luck finding a brand name hotel of this caliber near the Fairplex for $79.00. Staff was pleasant at check in and check out and did I mention the workout room and pool......another plus. A win win situation anyway you look at it. I'll be back next year for the fair and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I sayed in room 220 so do the math
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Walnut, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

My family was attending my wedding and booked 3 rooms at this hotel for over 8 nights. Once the first guests arrived on Friday, they were not greeted at check-in. Once they reached their hotel room at night (in June) they found that the air conditioning was broken, they asked to be switched to a different room and the desk man (MAYER) refused. They asked to have it fixed and were told that it could be looked at on Monday. They asked for quicker service and they had the audacity to tell them to sleep with the windows open.
The beds were uncomfortable, the sheets were absolute filth, had VISIBLE stains and had a foul stench.
At 2 a.m. after much frustration and complete lack of customer service, they stormed out of the hotel with their items and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Diamond Bar for the SAME PRICE. What a rip-off.
I called the next day and spoke with BRIAN to get a refund for the rest of the guests and had them all moved to the Holiday Inn. He refused and told me that MAYER said I could not get a refund even though there was still a week until the date of the arrival of the other guests. I called the corporate office and made a formal complaint against the owner Ms. PATEL, their establishment, and MAYER the manager and recommended that this facility be shut down. I also gave them my confirmation number and had my reservation canceled with no problems whatsoever.
The Indian owners are very cheap and don't care at all about their customers and will do almost anything to rip you off. All of these reviews can't be wrong, please do not stay here, it will be the worst stay of your life. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I reserved a room and was quoted a rate of $63. They never sent the email confirmation. I arrived late and tired, and signed a paper. I should've read it closer. I knew I had the cheap room because it faces like 10 lanes of freeway and the noise was unbelievable. When I checked out the next morning, I realized they changed my rate to $99! I attempted to talk to the morning manager, and he was a complete jerk. First he tried to blame it on the night clerk, then he said it was because the motel was nearly full, then he tried to say I did not present my AAA card. All of it BS. I complained to Best Western and got more emails from the manager with the same BS. I will never stay there again. I strongly urge you to avoid this hotel, and if you can't then read your paperwork carefully. Best Western should lose these losers.

Room Tip: Check your rate before signing
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had an inside room. Room was very clean & comfortable. We were extremly pleased with our stay and the great customer service. AAA recomended and completly satisfied. Would definatly recomend to friends and family. The price was just an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Alhambra, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I agree with other reviews about the owner of this hotel. This was the worst expeience of awful customer service. I was quoated the wrong prices and when I arrived I was charged a way higher price then what was qoated. When I asked about the change I was told that extra fees and deposit was not disclosed over the phone yet I was not able to get a refund or cancel my stay. The employees and owner litterly yelled in my face and cursed at me. The next day I was takin my stuff to my car and 3 hours before check out my key was deactived. I had to go to the lobby when I was advised that it was my fault and i demagnitized the key. Again at check out more disrespect by the owner and continued cusring. Dont stay here!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!