“massage therapist daryl lewis is worth visiting” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10625 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Walnut Creek
“massage therapist daryl lewis is worth visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent 5 weeks at miracle springs and 4 weeks this year.If your doctors could not fix your physical issues with pain in hip or knees or even foot go and see DARYL. He did a great job on me -better than any therapist or doctor to date. The rooms are fine and the pools on the days that Tim works are great too. Its non smoking but people do smoke . I spent at least one a day reminding the office of people that I don't want to be smoked out . Dome of the staff made and effort to stop the smoking .Miracle Springs made a great effort not to spray my room with air freshener and pesticides while I was in the room .Thanks to Louba and Tami and Robert of this If you need this service make it clear that they should not use anything in the room before or during your stay. I found it a healing experience as I was there to excersise for mobility It worked .This could be a chemical free place with a little effort as its nearly there. The owner needs some prodding to wok harder to replace chemicals used with even safer products in the rooms in the pools .

Room Tip: Personally I would ask for a room facing the mountains away from the noise of the spas . Weekends ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The pools are exceptional. The location is good. My fellow travelers who used the spa raved. The director of group tours, Sandy V. is a lovely delightful pleasant individual with a disarming smile. The housekeeping and wait staff were pleasant and professional. Araceli and almost everyone at the front desk were accommodating and warm. The group catering left a lot to be desired and was generally bland, overcooked, and not tasty. The rooms can use a facelift and the hotel needs to upgrade to flat screen TV's, but it is not fatal. All of that would have merited a very good rating until I had to deal with Krystal at the front desk. In all my years of extensive travel I have never encountered a more unpleasant, condescending, sarcastic, acerbic and unprofessional individual in, of all places, the front desk. The front desk is the face of the hotel. It sets the tone and the essence of your stay. My wife and I approached Krystal to inquire about a room change that was previously offered and the event became an opportunity for her to display the antithesis of hospitality for reasons we still cannot fathom. It cast a pall on the entire stay. It could not be our request that precipitated that behavior. No one can lapse into this demeanor without having done so before over and over again. A shame to spoil a potentially enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
That you so much for the 1st half of a pretty good review, and forward it to krystal as soon as possible!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Maybe if this place had a competent spa manager, invested in training for their staff, had a cleaning crew come through regularly, had a spa attendant in the locker room, invested in routine maintenance and understood the key tenets of customer service, maybe then it could be a worthwhile use of your vacation time. There were a few bright lights on the staff,, I.e., my massage therapist, but highly inconsistent across the staff. The price was extremely reasonable however I would far have preferred to pay more and have a wonderful experience. Yikes is an understatement.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
It was discouraging to read your review from last February, Kim, and I apologize if you didn't have a more enjoyable spa experience. Everyone on our staff is trained and experienced, and I have a lot of confidence in my spa manager.

Regardless, your satisfaction is our primary concern and I'll look to share your feedback with them. If you have any further suggestions, let me know! If you'd prefer to chat directly, feel free to leave an e-mail address or phone number where I can reach out.

If the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll give us another chance to better represent ourselves. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and take care!

Michael B., Owner
Pghoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the 4th time we have visited Miracle Springs Resort and Spa in Desert Hot Springs, CA. It is an older motel, and not very upscale in comparison with some of the newer resorts; but it has something special to offer, and it does that very well indeed. The charm is in the hot springs, and the way that this place manages its prime feature. There are two natural aquifers beneath Desert Hot Springs. One has hot water - 134 degrees Farenhiet, while the other is a cold water source. The hotel has one large pool and six smaller, spa like pools holding from two or three to perhaps ten people. By varying the hot/cold input, the temperature in each pool is set at a different level from the others; ranging from quite hot, to pleasantly tepid in the large pool. If you move back and forth between pools, you get the greatest benefit. Both my wife and I love this place for its hot springs. There is no aroma, and you feel very relaxed and luxuriously treated by the water.
We strongly recommend asking for one of the rooms facing the pool area on the ground floor. Rooms 101 through 119 on the north wing (odd number only) are expecially nice since you can walk directly out through a small patio into the pool area. There may be some similiar rooms on the west wing ground floor also. You should make your preference clear when reserving rooms. I expect it is easier to get what you want if you book a few months in advance, and avoid weekends. The entire Palm Springs general area is very quiet from May through September, since it is one of the hottest places in the United States (or the world for that matter), so staying here in that stretch of time is not such a grand idea. But things get a lot busier in the winter.
The hotel has a restaurant, the Capri. We did not eat here on this trip (see our review of the Trio Restaurant); but we have done so in the past, and it was quite good. Desk service is a little slow, but friendly, and maps of the area are provided. One has to ask for pool towels at the front desk, and they are just adequate, so if you have room to pack your own beach towels, that might be a good idea. It is a bit of a drive into Palm Springs proper, and the rush hour should be avoided; although the speed limits on local streets are fairly high, but should be followed since enforcement is evident.
This is a rather social establishment, since guests are sitting very near each other in small pools, so be prepared for converstaions with strangers. But as noted, this place offers a unique feature, and if you like hot spring pools, Miracle Springs is a great place.

Room Tip: Book a room on the ground floor that leads directly out to the hot pool area. Odd numbers between 10...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was there for Chrismas. And it was obvious that the hotel was understaffed.
But when you pay a premium BECAUSE it's Chrismas, there's a problem: price up, service down.
The result: glass bootle, empty cup and dirty towels in the pool area. And don't make me start on the restaurant.
Regarding pools, you have to check each one to find the good temperature for you and that can change during the day.

Good: - clean room

Bad: - dirty pool area
- no idea of the temperature of pools

Overall, it's was ok and it's familly friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for your balanced review. Keeping the pool area pristine is a tough challenge, especially during periods of high volume, and we obviously failed in your estimation. I am passing your valuable suggestion of listing the pool temperatures to front office. Perhaps we can add them to our next run of property maps.
California Mountains
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the end of Nov. 2012. This place needs some serious maintenance. Very outdated, dirty, dilapidated rooms. We had bugs on the ceiling and walls, the pink tile in the bathroom was missing all it's grout (how do you clean THAT between guests?), the bathroom fan was so loud that the people above were complaining, the room floor had ripples that crunched when you walked across the room. We were supposed to have wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room, but I had to go to the desk and remind them (because the phone didn't work) . The pools are old and also in need of resurfacing, a lot of tile and concrete missing. The hallways have the worst paint-wallpaper-carpet, the elevators have missing paneling inside, and the stairwell smelled of skunk...

The best part was the amazing massage from a tiny Hispanic woman, I am so sorry I forgot her name, starts with a "C"...SHE is BRILLIANT! Give her a raise now for enduring this cesspool of a hotel...if you can call it a hotel...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It's hard to respond to such a scathing review without making excuses. We are a family owned and run hotel and care deeply about our customers' satisfaction, which is our #1 priority. I must add that our rates are very resonable, and refer you to the ratio of good to bad ones.

BTW: We greatly appreciated the shout out to the Massage Therapist whose name starts with "C," and I'm tracking her down for special commendation.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa went above and beyond to take care of my entire crew. We were in town for a movie shoot and stayed in two villas part of the resort. We had access to the beautiful amenities of the resort. We had an amazing view of the mountains and the town. The service from the resort staff was outstanding from top to bottom. Special mention to Bonnie, Ross, Stanley, Crystal.

Chef Tyrone Love is the reason we never wanted to leave! Chef Tyrone Love and his team (Ellen, Chris, Diana, Deb et al) spoiled us from check in to check out. Every meal was special and always with "love." When I look back on my time in DHS I will remember the food and the special attention to detail that Chef Tyrone Love gave to the vegetarians and gluten-free members of my crew.

Room Tip: Groups with more than five should rent a villa instead of five rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Miracle Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!