This is the 4th time we have visited Miracle Springs Resort and Spa in Desert Hot Springs, CA. It is an older motel, and not very upscale in comparison with some of the newer resorts; but it has something special to offer, and it does that very well indeed. The charm is in the hot springs, and the way that this place manages its prime feature. There are two natural aquifers beneath Desert Hot Springs. One has hot water - 134 degrees Farenhiet, while the other is a cold water source. The hotel has one large pool and six smaller, spa like pools holding from two or three to perhaps ten people. By varying the hot/cold input, the temperature in each pool is set at a different level from the others; ranging from quite hot, to pleasantly tepid in the large pool. If you move back and forth between pools, you get the greatest benefit. Both my wife and I love this place for its hot springs. There is no aroma, and you feel very relaxed and luxuriously treated by the water.
We strongly recommend asking for one of the rooms facing the pool area on the ground floor. Rooms 101 through 119 on the north wing (odd number only) are expecially nice since you can walk directly out through a small patio into the pool area. There may be some similiar rooms on the west wing ground floor also. You should make your preference clear when reserving rooms. I expect it is easier to get what you want if you book a few months in advance, and avoid weekends. The entire Palm Springs general area is very quiet from May through September, since it is one of the hottest places in the United States (or the world for that matter), so staying here in that stretch of time is not such a grand idea. But things get a lot busier in the winter.
The hotel has a restaurant, the Capri. We did not eat here on this trip (see our review of the Trio Restaurant); but we have done so in the past, and it was quite good. Desk service is a little slow, but friendly, and maps of the area are provided. One has to ask for pool towels at the front desk, and they are just adequate, so if you have room to pack your own beach towels, that might be a good idea. It is a bit of a drive into Palm Springs proper, and the rush hour should be avoided; although the speed limits on local streets are fairly high, but should be followed since enforcement is evident.
This is a rather social establishment, since guests are sitting very near each other in small pools, so be prepared for converstaions with strangers. But as noted, this place offers a unique feature, and if you like hot spring pools, Miracle Springs is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA