“YIKES!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
California Mountains
“YIKES!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the end of Nov. 2012. This place needs some serious maintenance. Very outdated, dirty, dilapidated rooms. We had bugs on the ceiling and walls, the pink tile in the bathroom was missing all it's grout (how do you clean THAT between guests?), the bathroom fan was so loud that the people above were complaining, the room floor had ripples that crunched when you walked across the room. We were supposed to have wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room, but I had to go to the desk and remind them (because the phone didn't work) . The pools are old and also in need of resurfacing, a lot of tile and concrete missing. The hallways have the worst paint-wallpaper-carpet, the elevators have missing paneling inside, and the stairwell smelled of skunk...

The best part was the amazing massage from a tiny Hispanic woman, I am so sorry I forgot her name, starts with a "C"...SHE is BRILLIANT! Give her a raise now for enduring this cesspool of a hotel...if you can call it a hotel...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
It's hard to respond to such a scathing review without making excuses. We are a family owned and run hotel and care deeply about our customers' satisfaction, which is our #1 priority. I must add that our rates are very resonable, and refer you to the ratio of good to bad ones.

BTW: We greatly appreciated the shout out to the Massage Therapist whose name starts with "C," and I'm tracking her down for special commendation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa went above and beyond to take care of my entire crew. We were in town for a movie shoot and stayed in two villas part of the resort. We had access to the beautiful amenities of the resort. We had an amazing view of the mountains and the town. The service from the resort staff was outstanding from top to bottom. Special mention to Bonnie, Ross, Stanley, Crystal.

Chef Tyrone Love is the reason we never wanted to leave! Chef Tyrone Love and his team (Ellen, Chris, Diana, Deb et al) spoiled us from check in to check out. Every meal was special and always with "love." When I look back on my time in DHS I will remember the food and the special attention to detail that Chef Tyrone Love gave to the vegetarians and gluten-free members of my crew.

Room Tip: Groups with more than five should rent a villa instead of five rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mariposa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We go for the pools. They are free and nice. Last year was during Easter break, which made everything worse. The food service was rated a one and there was no bar service. We had reservations for massages. My friends were finished with massages and I was still waiting. My masseuse went home and they were trubg to find a sub. The whole place needed a power washing. I asked that the manager call me, but never heard again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am forwarding this directly to the Spa Manager, and it will also be discussed at our monthly company meeting. Customer service is, and must remain, our #1 priority. Thank you again for writing!
Encinitas, California, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in the last week of December. There were 2 rooms we stayed in. One room had ants coming out of the toilet bowl. The other room the toilet wouldn't flush. We called the maintenance and told us not to flush toilet paper down the toilet and to leave the toilet paper in the trash after we used it. It was disgusting.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for writing. This is totally unacceptable, right up to the advice not to flush paper. i'm forwarding this to all relevant department heads, especially housekeeping and maintenance. Our apologies, and again, thank you for the heads up!
vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went for a combination package - massage, pedicure and facial. Although the massage and facial themselves were reasonable the facility, ammenities and staff interactions were seriously below par. I waited around for 20 minutes before anyone even came to the reception desk. The change room was horribly dated and had what seemed to be old high school lockers...which went with the 80's interior. When I sat in the "waiting area" it seemed that the staff were more interested in chatting and gossiping than acknowledging their clients. It was a strange vibe. As I say, the massage itself was fine and the facial was as well. The pedicure was terrible as the foot bath station was so loud you couldn't even hear someone speak. I spent much of my time watching HUGE bug crawl around and the staff just said that they must need to spray again. Yikes! I would not recommend this spa to anyone. The advertising and photos are very deceptive. The photos definitely aren't from THIS spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The situation you described is just as unacceptable to us as it is to you. I am forwarding your review to the department head and this will be discussed at our next companywide meeting. Thank you for alerting us!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The best thing about this location is the 24 hour access to the Mineral Springs Hot Spas. The acomodations are below par; the Spa Services better than average, but not fabulous. The rates are reasonable. The restaurant serves homemade Italian dishes with large portions. However, a more Spa oriented menu would be preferred.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Mountian View or Pool access.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Venice, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

No, this is not a fancy boutique spa, but neither are the prices. The rooms are a bit shabby but very clean. We came for the waters, and there were plenty of hot springs at different temperatures. Most importantly to me, the guests were all well behaved and quiet - this is a family-oriented, adult place, not a party spa. The desk receptionists were very friendly and accommodating (we needed to change our room). Breakfast was hearty and quite satisfactory. My dinner companion loved her lasagne but I did not like the pasta primavera. If you want a quiet place to enjoy the waters and not pay a fortune, this is it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miracle Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!