We skipped the resort last year as my ex-husband, daughters' father was tragically killed in this town, on the main drag, Palm Dr. My daughter decided that she would give it a shot (we have gone many times for her birthday weekend) and we found a back road in to avoid Palm.
This time we booked a Queen-Queen-Mini-Suite-Poolside - what a wonderful room and location. We would not have had this room if it weren't for the help and wonderful service given to us by STANLEY MOSES, our Guest Services Agent. I had trouble booking this on-line - the computer kept saying I had to book 3 nights, not 2 and thought it was a holiday weekend...but through emails with Stanley, he got it all straightened out and picked out Suite 137 for us. It was a perfect room. We could open our patio door, step through our private gate and be at one of the larger mineral springs hot pools. So convenient! We loved it.
Our room was spacious, clean, well decorated, and had all the conveniences - two queen beds (I did bring my waffle pad as I knew the beds were a little too hard for my body), with a dressing table/dresser, & TV for the bedroom area. There was a small fridge, coffee pot, a desk and two chairs, a couch/sofa bed, coffee table, a chest with another larger TV with a DVD player. The patio had 2 chaise loungers and a chair.
Comments: The patio furniture could use a scrub down. We did bring a steam humidifier - after all...one is in the desert and it is very dry. From past experience, my nose needed the humidity and it did help. The bathroom towels are very thin & rough. They really need to invest in better, larger towels. BRING YOUR OWN LARGE BEACH/POOL TOWEL - really, a resort that does not offer big towels for use in their many mineral spring pools??!! The main pool is around 85 degrees, with the rest varying from 95-104 degrees. One must find the one that feels the best. We loved the pool directly in front of our room. It was large, never crowded and felt great. Be sure to shower after using the mineral spring pools. Minerals are very good for your skin and overall healthy feeling, but are very drying to the skin and can leave one itchy if not rinsed off.
There is a new restaurant. Though we loved the old one, this was very good. It is called Capri and serves Italian food. I had steak and shrimp scampi and it was delicious. My daughter had pasta and said it was good. No complaints and the breakfast was excellent. Don't drink the tap water - yuck! Even with lemon it was terrible. Either order a drink or bottled water.
My daughter did a package spa treatment. It was a Friday or Sunday special. For $160 she got a full massage, facial, and scrub. She was gone over 3.5 hrs and loved it. This is one of the draws about Miracle Springs - they offer incredible pricing for their spa services. We have always enjoyed the variety of treatments and value one receives in turn. Tara felt fabulous and this is why she wanted to come back - trying to put the accident out of her mind for a short period of time. I think it worked - a big hurdle for her --- one my other daughter cannot get over as of this time and may not ever come back to Desert Hot Springs!
I recommend Miracle Springs as a great spa hotel. Not glamorous, not glitzy, but it provides a nice, reasonably priced room, excellent mineral spring pools, and value priced spa services as well as a good on-site restaurant and free parking - no need to go elsewhere...one can stay in the hotel for the weekend and relax & enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA