“Back again and glad we did!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10625 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Brea, California
“Back again and glad we did!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We skipped the resort last year as my ex-husband, daughters' father was tragically killed in this town, on the main drag, Palm Dr. My daughter decided that she would give it a shot (we have gone many times for her birthday weekend) and we found a back road in to avoid Palm.

This time we booked a Queen-Queen-Mini-Suite-Poolside - what a wonderful room and location. We would not have had this room if it weren't for the help and wonderful service given to us by STANLEY MOSES, our Guest Services Agent. I had trouble booking this on-line - the computer kept saying I had to book 3 nights, not 2 and thought it was a holiday weekend...but through emails with Stanley, he got it all straightened out and picked out Suite 137 for us. It was a perfect room. We could open our patio door, step through our private gate and be at one of the larger mineral springs hot pools. So convenient! We loved it.

Our room was spacious, clean, well decorated, and had all the conveniences - two queen beds (I did bring my waffle pad as I knew the beds were a little too hard for my body), with a dressing table/dresser, & TV for the bedroom area. There was a small fridge, coffee pot, a desk and two chairs, a couch/sofa bed, coffee table, a chest with another larger TV with a DVD player. The patio had 2 chaise loungers and a chair.

Comments: The patio furniture could use a scrub down. We did bring a steam humidifier - after all...one is in the desert and it is very dry. From past experience, my nose needed the humidity and it did help. The bathroom towels are very thin & rough. They really need to invest in better, larger towels. BRING YOUR OWN LARGE BEACH/POOL TOWEL - really, a resort that does not offer big towels for use in their many mineral spring pools??!! The main pool is around 85 degrees, with the rest varying from 95-104 degrees. One must find the one that feels the best. We loved the pool directly in front of our room. It was large, never crowded and felt great. Be sure to shower after using the mineral spring pools. Minerals are very good for your skin and overall healthy feeling, but are very drying to the skin and can leave one itchy if not rinsed off.

There is a new restaurant. Though we loved the old one, this was very good. It is called Capri and serves Italian food. I had steak and shrimp scampi and it was delicious. My daughter had pasta and said it was good. No complaints and the breakfast was excellent. Don't drink the tap water - yuck! Even with lemon it was terrible. Either order a drink or bottled water.

My daughter did a package spa treatment. It was a Friday or Sunday special. For $160 she got a full massage, facial, and scrub. She was gone over 3.5 hrs and loved it. This is one of the draws about Miracle Springs - they offer incredible pricing for their spa services. We have always enjoyed the variety of treatments and value one receives in turn. Tara felt fabulous and this is why she wanted to come back - trying to put the accident out of her mind for a short period of time. I think it worked - a big hurdle for her --- one my other daughter cannot get over as of this time and may not ever come back to Desert Hot Springs!

I recommend Miracle Springs as a great spa hotel. Not glamorous, not glitzy, but it provides a nice, reasonably priced room, excellent mineral spring pools, and value priced spa services as well as a good on-site restaurant and free parking - no need to go elsewhere...one can stay in the hotel for the weekend and relax & enjoy.

Room Tip: As for a room with a pool just outside the gate. We had 137 - fab room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I would temper the negative reviews of this place by first saying that this is not a major luxury resort...it is a reasonably priced getaway offering a very good value in my opinion. Myself and my 7 year old son stayed for the Presidents Day weekend. Our room was clean, well-equipped (mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker) and of a good size...we got the King mini-suite. The 8 pools of varying sizes and temperatures were just great, very clean, nice greenery around and ample pool lounge chairs. Breakfast and lunch at the restaurant was decent and reasonably priced. I had issues with the quality of Capri restaurant for dinner which I've reviewed separately on this site under Capri restaurant. The staff from top to bottom were very friendly and extremely helpful. We had a first floor "mountain view" room and the mountain side of the hotel is the quiet side, but I'd suggest getting a 2nd floor room on the mountain side as the first floor only had view of parking alley and houses and felt kind of claustrophobic. Since with the kid (who spent all his waking hours in the pool) on next visit I'd actually take a poolside room on the first floor, yes its a bit noisier during the day but it is so convenient to just walk out of your room patio into the pool area, go back to your room for snacks...etc and even though the pools are open 24 hours per day since there are alot of families there on the weekend...really pool activity stops at a reasonable hour. I will definitely be back to this hotel for a fun, inexpensive and relaxing getaway.
to be able to just walk

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Simi valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Rooms are large. The spa services are varied and reasonable. The mineral hot springs can't be beat. This hotel will not disappoint

Room Tip: On weekends it seems that the poolside rooms may be a bit noisy as the kids are in the pool area ear...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the villa: it was a last minute decision to go and ended up at the 3 bedroom villa which is overpriced, off site, no internet connection and no housekeeping services were ever provided at our requests. We asked for an extra blanket and were told they dont have any. Jacuzzi broke down at least 3 times. We asked for ice and never received it... List goes on and on. Overall, no way we will return nor recommend.

• Stayed February 2012
krystalb, Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
My information is that we responded immediately and fixed the Jacuzzi, and brought the blanket within 15 minutes of your request. We are very concerned about our guest’s comfort and satisfaction, and at the moment I write this we are meeting with the housekeeping and maintenance personnel to clarify and rectify the situation. One of you valued guests has obviously written this review in the heat of anger, unaware that we were simultaneously already rebating half your fees due to your complaints. We are in the customer service business, and do not dismiss nor take your wishes and desires lightly. One of our senior executives, if not the owner himself, will contact you after the abovementioned meeting has concluded and we hear everyone’s “side of the story.” No matter whose fault our communications and service problems have been, I sincerely apologize for the obvious inconvenience and lack of satisfaction your stay here has caused.
Walnut Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I loved the odor free bedding and towels and rooms. No air fresheners in my room and less than usual toxic hotel odors . Pools were clean and the right temperatures and all the pools were suitable for me with easy access. The staff of housekeeping, management and at the desk where remarkable. Room service was quick and food was great for the price . Not many kids except on weekends which suited me-I like quiet . I would rate this facility as first class but not snobby exclusive. Spa and massage was remarkable serene and clean. If you like to pay three times the price to be with the super rich or to be naked dont come here . This place is for people who need quiet elegance and cleanliness. No gimmics.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view as pool side could be noisier but room by pool in special as it has an advant...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ferryville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at Miracle Springs as part of a Road Scholar program. The hotel is lovely, the hot springs were wonderful, the food was fabulous, the staff was great, and the pedicure with Idell was the frosting on the cake (more appropriately--the icing on my feet). Our whole stay was just wonderful! The flowers in the gardens were an added plus as we had left the midwest for this adventure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hemet, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have been visiting Miracle Springs Resort for Years now, I started when my children were young and just in School at there Community Christian field trip and now they too come to get Massages with Daryl DeVaney and relax in the spas and at the Hotel. Daryl DeVaney is great! I come to him every chance I can and tell every one I know, Go to Daryl... My son Josh lifts weights and really had a great deep tissue massage. Thank you Daryl....Tina

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Miracle Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!