“nothing like it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Health Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Swiss Health Resort
You added Swiss Health Resort to your Saves list
66729 Eighth Street, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Durango, Colorado
“nothing like it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Quiet, clean, comfortable, spacious bedroom with separate eat-in kitchen / gracious hosts / lovely garden with turtles and fish pond, hot soaking pool
and jacuzzi, and best of all from my point of view -- a perfectly designed 30-foot outdoor lap pool warm enough so there's no shock jumping in and because it's fed by natural hot springs needs no chlorine! European feel. A unique retreat.

Edward P.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am a former professional travel writer, national print, and I strenuously object to these open forums because people of questionable judgement can say anything they want, complain of toxins that are invisible to everyone else, noise no one else can here, and just imposing a set of standards that are utterly delusional. This place is beautiful, Karl and Ursula created this as a refuge and I came away with a strong feeling of having found some friends who've got a much bigger purpose than making money. They're awesome, the atmosphere is friendly and personal but not like you can't get off to one of the little oases and nooks so artfully laid into the landscape and be buy yourself. If you want solitude it's great, and if you want kind of easy going, companionable guests to chat with, you can do that too. Everything is immaculate and I've found no better place to regroup. Just returned from two nights there and I don't think I'll go any place else when I head for the desert. Thanks, Karl and Ursula for creating such a wonderful refuge. I would like it to be known that I had no prior friendship with this lovely couple.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this dessert paradise in April of 2013. We loved it. The pools were sparkling clean and beautiful. The grounds were well maintained with a koi pond and waterfall. Our hosts were very accommodating and led a morning walk in the hills each day. The rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of space. Next time we are going to make our dinner there and enjoy it on the terrace. It was a quiet, peaceful place to recharge. We were out of the hustle and bustle of Palm Springs but close enough to all the action with a short drive. I highly recommend this oasis in Desert Hot Springs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Swiss Health Resort. The spa is owned and run by Ursula and Karl, both Swiss, and they both are warm-hearted and caring people. The Spa including the rooms, the pools, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. We highly recommend the Swiss Health Resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Swiss Health resort is a quiet, relaxing, healthy place to rejuvenate. We have been here many times over 20 years. We always recommend Karl and Ursula's resort for friends who want to really relax and have quiet time to rejuvenate. As Swiss Americans, the hosts provide many elements that you would find if you traveled to their homeland which include cleanliness, peacefulness, the best beds ever and simple beauty on their grounds. The natural hot springs pools are super and you must partake in the water massage as the practitioner is very experienced and it is an unusual experience. Desert Hot Springs is a special place to visit in Southern California especially if you have not seen much of the California desert. Karl and Ursula will guide you to many special sites of interest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed here often after sampling other spas resorts in the area. Swiss Health Resort is beautifully maintained…super comfortable beds, very quiet, perfect natural spring water pools and vey comfortable beds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Over the summer, my husband and I met up with my brother and his wife, to stay for our first time at the Swiss Health Resort. My brother had heard great things about the Swiss Health Resort from their neighbors who go on a regular basis. Ursula and Karl, both Swiss, own and run the resort and do so with warmth and care and attention to detail. It is clean and quiet, too. We had a wonderful time. We especially loved having a little chapel on the grounds for meditation purposes and used it morning and evening. We swam in the mineral pool and soaked in the hotter spas all throughout the day. If relaxation is what you need, I cannot recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms but it's always a little quieter away from the pool ar...