So my wife and I spent our first weekend at SMI and we are going to give a you a real description of the resort and our weekend. We read all of the reviews prior, a lot of really good ones, and some really bad, so we went into our weekend very open minded.
First of all, the resort is not filthy. Yes it is small, but do they advertise it as big? The grounds, the pool, hot tub, and even the dance club are all well-kept, clean and the staff is constantly keeping it up. Sylvia is the person responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the grounds and she works all day long and keeps things looking great! Other staff members were the same. All attentive to the resort and to the guests throughout the day and extremely friendly!! In fact, we were looking for a nice dinner location out on Saturday night, and one of the staff members made a great suggestion and even called to make a reservation for us.
The rooms are nicely done, the beds and linens are really nice and comfortable. We stayed in a room off of the pool and loved the location. Nice to be able to use our bathroom or get drinks right next to the pool all day long.
As for the lifestyle, we are not full on into it, but did get to experience some excitement throughout the weekend, which made us feel so close as a couple and the experience completely enhanced our intimacy. No pressure from anyone and you are able to do whatever and at what level you prefer. It was really amazing...
And yes, Dewey is everything he is described. Fun, caring about the guests and his resort, and makes you feel at home and comfortable from the moment you meet him.
So here is the bottom line truth... Anyone who writes a really negative review is either very high-maintenance, just generally unhappy, or has expectations that are different than what is described on the website or other reviews. The vibe and condition of the resort is absolutely wonderful, the atmosphere for a couple seeking intimacy and fun is perfect, and we will be back on a regular basis because we not only found a new level of romance for us, but also a place with great people, great guests who are friendly and fun and an owner and staff that truly care about making this type of resort comfortable for everyone!!! Thank you Dewey!!! See you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Mountain is a luxury nude resort and mineral water boutique hotel for couples and women. The sea mountain was named best of the USA by AOL and MSN and Maxim and FHM including ranked as best celebrity secret by MTV VH1. There are 15 awarded rooms with king beds egyptian linens flatscreens and mineral water in the showers and sinks. There is a 24 hour dance lounge and 24 hour pools available for day spas night spas and vacation stays. There are No single men on the property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sea Mountain Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Mountain Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Sea Mountain Inn Resort Desert Hot Springs, CA