“One of a kind hospitality - a place where magic genuinely happens!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Morocco Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
El Morocco Inn & Spa
You added El Morocco Inn & Spa to your Saves list
66810 4th Street, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Offers & Announcements
Discount Spa Packages!
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Long Beach, California
“One of a kind hospitality - a place where magic genuinely happens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our first wedding anniversary at El Morocco Inn & Spa. Previously, I had been there for an all girls get away. During that visit I announced I planned return for my first anniversary, and true to my word I did. My husband wasn't sure why I loved this place so much, but once he met Bruce, Betty and all the other amazing staff he totally understood.

El Morocco is a genuinely one of a kind experience. The attention to detail is flawless, the hospitality is beyond words, and the hot springs are genuinely healing. After 7+ years of battling a very painful autoimmune disease I can honestly say that the water made my joints truly unwind. I was virtually pain free at El Morocco, and I believe that is because it is a place that genuinely allows you to relax and escape to another world. I brought my doctoral books and laptop, but I am pleased to say I never touched them as I was able to completely disconnect and enjoy the moment.

There are so many pleasantries about this fine inn. During my first visit I enjoyed the tremendous spa services, and being as we opted not to this time I was afraid we might get bored. But how can you get bored in a place full of amazing and unique people? We immediately met kindred spirits and found ourselves losing track of the hours as our conversations winded and twisted into something truly glorious. Not only did strangers become friends, but the innkeepers go out of their way to make you feel not like a guest but family. It's a dedication to service that is unprecedented in larger hotels and/or resorts.

Whether you're coming from near or afar but want to feel like you are worlds away than this is the place for you. Moreover, you're likely to get some of the best sleep you've known in months as the sheets are absolutely to die for! Jump on that magic carpet and give this place a whirl.... you will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Charming inn. We wished we'd had additional time to spend simply enjoying it, as our primary purpose in town was visiting old friends. From Casablanca playing on loop on the TV in the lounge to the mosquito netting draping the beds, these folks pay attention to detail. We were fascinated by travel tales of Morocco. Even the tea-totaller of our pair enjoyed her Morocco-tini (Kim offered to make one without alcohol, but it was yummy as it was) at Happy Hour in the lounge as well as meeting other guests. Friends may enjoy cleansing their hands in rose-scented water at our next social event! There is a large DVD library for guests to borrow from (movie munchies gratis, too), and fresh chilled local water as well as lemonade/mint tea on tap in the lounge. You can make your own French pressed coffee at any time. Continental breakfast was nice (bagels, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, coffee cake--the pre-wrapped danish struck an odd note). Do be aware that Desert Hot Springs IS 20 minutes+ out of Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Rancho Mirage/Cathedral City. Don't miss the right hand turn onto 4th, it's easy to the first time, and you'll have entered a residential area. Rooms are cooled by individual built-in air-conditioners. If you're visiting in the summer and have the AC cranked up, it can be a bit noisy (some might consider it white noise). So much more character than a chain hotel, though. Hmmm. Now where did I put that mosquito netting canopy I used to have? Time for some redecoration of the boudoir, perhaps.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
fallbrook,Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We have stayed in many hotels,spas,etc. in the desert area & this speial place was one of my favorites! Very friendly hosts( we loved Kim) & she made a mean martini & keep our glasses full & the birthday girl very happy.We felt like we had been transported to Morocco with the great decor.The owners have really created a unique atmosphere.Their dining suggestions were right on.Desert Hot Springs area nearly as nice as Palm Springs but as soon as you step inside you will not want to leave.If & when they serve dinner we will just stay in the pool & cool hot tub the entire trip.Beds were dreamy & we loved so much we bought 2 pairs of the great sheets.The bed was etter than at home.DVD Library was great & snacks & French press coffee the best.Thanks,Kim & Pat

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Once you veer off the I10 you start to question the accuracay of your GPS as you head into a non-descript residential area of Desert Hot Springs. Then suddenly there it is - the El Morocco Inn & Spa. As you step through the door you are instantly transported to another place and time. The painstaking attention to detail, the scents, the sparkiling pool, the vibrant colors, the joyful propietor and staff, all serve one purpose - to allow you to leave the world behind and focus on the art of relaxation.
Each room is appointed with comfort in mind and all the colors and decor truly gives one a sense of being in Morocco The 5:30PM call to to enjoy a Moroccotini after having your hands rinsed with rose water, allows you to meet the other guests. And it is quite amazing to see that each couple is equally entranced with the place. Bruce, John, Ashley, Betty and the rest of the staff were just delightful and seem to genuinely derive pleasure seeing their guests ejoying themselves.
It's the type of place that you are hesitant to share about with others because you'd like to keep this secret all to yourself. If it were possible we would already be booked for next May (but you can only book 6 months in advance).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

It's been 2 years since my husband and I stayed here, but I was compelled to write a review because we just can't stop advising our friends to stay here based on our wonderful 2 night stay for our honeymoon.

The inn is located in a residential area in Desert Hot Springs, so it was a bit hard to find. But as soon as we arrived and entered the doors, we were transported to a Moroccan paradise! : ) A very nice worker of the inn showed us around and introduced us to all of the amenities of the inn: a large, natural hot springs mineral spa hidden away by romantic sheer curtains (absolutely a unique & beautiful place to lounge around in), infra-red sauna, a nice movie area with games and books to use, a covered area where some type of food and water is always available, and the natural spring water swimming pool in the middle of it all.

Our room was the Sultan's Playpen, that uniquely featured a very intimate bedroom with a sexy round bed. Perfect for a special occasion. It also featured another room that was the living area that had a very comfortable couch, small table eating area, and a stocked dresser cabinet equipped with microwave, utensils for making cocktails, and of course a tv and dvd. Upon our arrival to our room, we received a complimentary wine with a large note attached to it wishing us a 'Happy Honeymoon.'

Every morning was a wonderful and delicious expanded continental breakfast that featured assorted pastries and fruits (including a unique way to cut pineapple). The breakfast spread also included a French Press to make coffee (Starbucks), that my husband and I very much enjoyed making. Every night, there is also a Happy Hour that featured the inn's signature cocktail, the 'Morroco-tini' (soo good!). Mint tea and award winning water was also available.

Nearby are a number of restaurants. We ate at the Thai Palms, and did not have a good experience. My husband got very sick from eating there. We also visited the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, which was not too far away.

We had a wonderful spa treatment (they call spa therapists to come to the inn for spa treatments), and had a very relaxing time. We had the Couples Moroccan Clay Body Mask that lasted a full hour. They painted us with clay fragranced with oil, wrapped us in a cocoon, and after a bit, we took a warm mineral shower (separately) to wash it all away. Then we laid back down to enjoy a massage to finish our wonderful treatment. We were both extremely pleased with the service.

Overall, this was one of the best hotel stays we have ever had. The service was wonderful, the food great, and the surroundings were magical. You will not be dissapointed in a stay here!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

A Moroccan dream -- all the exotic beauty and colors and textures of Morocco, in Southern California. Rooms are beautiful, the owner and staff the most charming imaginable. Wonderful spa treatment, amazing amenities. Nothing negative to say; we feel that we discovered a jewel and we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a quick getaway to Desert Hot Springs and the El Morocco truly made our trip fabulous. The staff and owner were all very nice and helpful, the room was gorgeous, the spa treatments were delicious, and the extras like the happy hour Moroccotinis and the yummy breakfast really makes this place special. So wonderful that I am already planning another trip there with my girlfriends!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to El Morocco Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!