My husband and I (New York city based) desperately needed some r & r before heading to LA for our grandson's first birthday and we found just the spot! The decor was simple, spare and pleasant but it was the feel and energy of the place that so restored us. We didn't get to meet Rhoni but Cristina could not have been more charming, welcoming or helpful. She greeted us with a bowl of organic local grapefruits and the most decadently delicious coffee cake ever. We soaked in the warm mineral pool just staring up at the most perfect blue sky and the tips of the swaying palm trees that stand just outside the entrance to this small desert oasis where time literally seems to stand still. The pool area and courtyard are surrounded by glass panelled walls (clear or cloudy depending on the view) and this helped create that feeling of enjoying a very pleasant time warp. We did partake of some really excellent spa treatments, enjoyed our breakfast outside on the user family patio available to all guests and slept like babies on the firm but comfy queen size beds with luxurious linens. We can't wait to go back...
- Also Known As:
- Sagewater Hotel
- Sagewater Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Sagewater Spa Desert Hot Springs
- Sagewater Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A weekend away at Sagewater Spa makes you feel as if you have spent a week away anywhere else. Sagewater Spa is a serene environment for adults who desire total relaxation and rejuvenation. The property is a private mid-century modern seven room retreat, known for the hot mineral well water pool and spa, clean rooms with convenient kitchenettes, exclusive FRETTE linens, Aveda amenities, our infamous homemade Gramma B's Coffee Cake, award winning European roast coffee, pool side gourmet BBQ and brilliant views of Mount San Jacinto. Excellent professional massage treatments and facials. Seen in over of Travel + Leisure Hotels' issue, Cool Hotels, Best Designed Wellness Hotels, Tashen SPA, NY, LA, London Times, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, ELLE, SPA, Harper's, Traveler, LA, NY, SF Magazine ++. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sagewater Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.