“Serene Simiplicity at Sagewater Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SUMMER RATES
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manhattan Beach CA
“Serene Simiplicity at Sagewater Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

We've just returned from our second stay at Sagewater Spa in Desert Hot Springs. Cristina and Rhoni provide a serene and beautiful setting where you will unwind and shake those city stresses. The simplicity of the cleanly structured, minimalist environment that they have very cleverly created will have a wonderfully calming effect - take it from a very Type A personality! Soaking in the pools, having a massage, just doing nothing - it's bliss!

We've enjoyed our spa treatments at Sagewater. The spa professionals associated with Sagewater are wonderful, adding to the overall serenity of the experience.

While not one to cook on holiday, I find myself wanting to use the well-furnished kitchen just so I don't have to leave the premises but, if dining out is desired, Cris will point you to some great local spots.

If you're looking for a desert get-away to unwind, try Sagewater. We'll be back soon!

Stayed January 2007

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

I have been staying at Sagewater Spa 3 times a year for the past 5 years and long to return each time. From the majestic views as you enter this elegantly simple oasis to the freshly baked coffeecake delivered upon my arrival, I have never stayed in a more comfortable and peaceful place during all my numerous travels. While there, I spend most of my time in the pools where the warm temperature of the water buoys your spirit and allows your body and mind to immediately relax. The water is always alluring both in the pool and the spa.
I must also comment on the softness and comfort of the linens and beds. I sleep better at Sagewater Spa than I do in my own bed.
Visually, the Spa is surrounded by indescribable hills and mountains with every room capturing its own mountain view. Once inside the Spa, the outside world is locked away and you are sealed in the Spa's natural beauty.
The Sagewater Spa is a must stay for those who want to renew, relax and rejuvenate your inner self! ps.: A selection of DVD's is available for viewing on the flat screen TVs -- I actually got caught up on all the latest movies during the evening hours.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

The quiet and relaxed setting of Sagewater Spa was just what my husband and I needed. We booked our long-weekend stay based on a friend's recommendation and we were not disappointed. This place was meant for relaxing. I recommend a massage upon arrival. If one cannot be scheduled right away, do spend some time in the spa or pool. The rooms are very clean with a very minimal, modern style. Some might find the room accommodations to be too bare bones but I felt that that was part of this hotel’s charm and appeal –and I’m high maintenance, too! The fresh, crisp linens were wonderful –though the bed was a little on the firm side. Maid service is offered for an additional charge. Being a clean freak I thought this would be a problem, but it wasn’t. Bring snacks as each room has a great kitchenette with a small stove/oven and mini-fridge. The owners, Christina and Rhoni were so accommodating and fun to talk to. They really made us feel welcome. This a fabulous place to truly decompress and unwind. It’s not the Viceroy, but it isn’t trying to be either. It is luxurious in what it offers, peace of mind in a relaxing non-pretentious atmosphere.

• Liked — Hospitality+Spa Treatments
  • Disliked — Firm Bed
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

There are plenty of trendy modernist leaning spa-motels in the desert these days, but Sagewater Spa beats them all. Others might be more superficially glamorous or architecturally hardcore, but Sagewater is all about the stay: you just feel good there. Maybe it's the magic water or the magic coffee cake or the magic owners who treat you like family. Not worth the analysis, just go.

Stayed January 2007
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

I have stayed at several places in Desert Hot Springs (Hope Springs, the Beat Hotel, Lido Palms), and Sagewater far surpasses them all on all the details that matter - rooms, pools, and people. The rooms are spacious, open, well designed and well appointed; simple, spare and with more than a nod to the beauties of modernism inside and out. The bed was sooooo comfortable, with lovely linens and pillows of varying plumpness. We were loathe to leave it - but the hot mineral pools were always open and calling! The mineral water in the pools at Sagewater is the best; the large pool is comfortably warm and the smaller pool bakes - always! The two pools have a small opening between them that allows guests to slip from one to the other as they want to heat up or cool down. Finally, there is the hotel owner, Cristina. Almost invisible when you want to be alone, she seems to know intuitivelywhen you need something and appears with offerings (ok, maybe nobody needs coffee cake or capirinhas - but they sure do make staying somewhere that much more pleasant). All in all it's THE BEST place to stay!

• Liked — the hot water and the room
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

Nice simple hotel. Very quiet and relaxing. The hot water spa and pools are excellent to soak in. The towels and sheets are very soft - but Id say the beds aren't that comfortable. We went when it was cold and windy so it was hard to sleep - but Id like to return when its warmer out. Christina who runs the place, is very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed November 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

I have found a Diamond In The Desert!

I recently stayed at Sagewater Spa in Desert Hot Springs and had the most wonderful stay. From the moment I arrived, I was made so very welcome by the owner Crinstina - and with homemade coffee cake in hand, she showed me to my room. The rooms are minimal in design and have a very Zen and calming feeling. Just beautiful, however for someone who travels all over the world, the bonus was the amazing beds - so comfortable and with Frente sheets and special extras. For me, I found a place where I could turn off and totally relax, and I was so relaxed. Some say the water at Sagewater Spa is the best in the Desert - and I believe then. After an hour in the beautiful pool, I slept for hours and found a peace I so needed. I also had two of their amazing signature Sagewater Fusion Massage Treatments, which was absolute heaven, and these are a must for anyone who stays at the Spa.

The other guests were very special, as was my overasll stay. For anyone wanting a place to relax like no other, at a high quality spa, there is no better place in the Desert than Sagewater Spa.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Sagewater Spa? Share your experiences!