“Perfect Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Discount on Massage
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a delightful weekend at the Sagewater Spa. My boyfriend and I came here with the hope that we could relax for a couple of days. We got exactly what we wanted and so much more.

The spa is very small, only 7 rooms. Very minimalist, but very cozy and intimate. Rhoni and Cristina (the owners) make you feel right at home. They incredibly accommodating. If you want to go out to eat, ask them where to go. They will make a recommendation, and it will be exactly what you wanted.

Our second night, Cristina and Rhoni recommended we go to Johannes in Palm Springs. It was delicious. One of the best meals that I have eaten.

It is quiet and peaceful and the two pools are a dream. You can easily spend hours in them - and you should.

We also had two massages. They come to your room to do them. We did the unstress and the signature fusion. Both were great. The masseuse even gave me an exercise to do with my guy to help with his tight it band.

Already looking forward to our next visit.

P.S. - the coffee cake is amazing. Sage, the dog, is a wonderful helper. She makes sure that everything is going smoothly. I am not a dog person, and I absolutely adored her.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We chose the Sagewater Spa based on the reviews, but what really sealed the deal for me was talking to Christina on the phone for the initial call. She was warm, engaging, and very helpful. She and Rhoni were the same in person. They are truly interested in giving their guests a wonderful experience-which it was. The spa is the perfect place to relax. The mineral pools helped melt all troubles and aches and pains away. We loved the modern rooms with earth colors, and it was great having a kitchen so we could eat breakfast or lunch in the outdoor seating area which has a view of the mountains. And the coffee they served was the best we have had in a long time! The location is perfect because it is quite close to Joshua Tree Park which is a must see. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our quests are the best part of the Sagewater experience, everyone seems to have such respect for our property and for their own experience. Loved having you and looking forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Sagewater Spa was a perfect place to de-stress and relax, and escape the snow and cold of the midwestern winter. From the moment we arrived, we felt at home. It is small enough to feel like we were staying with friends--but we also had as much or as little privacy as we wanted. The hot mineral water was delightful, the decor cool, soothing, and modern, and the hosts warm, welcoming, and helpful with our plans. We were lucky enough to visit during Modernism week in Palm Springs, so had lots of options for things to do. Still, we found ourselves gravitating toward the lovely pool and comfy room, and the friendly chats with our hosts and other guests. The little kitchettes were perfect for a quick meal, and although we didn't try the outdoor barbecue, it looked like a great option for dinner.

San Rafael, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Based on it's wonderful reviews, we recently chose the Sagewater Spa for a three night stay. So thankful we did, what a jewel! We arrived pretty wound up after 10 hours of freeway driving from the Bay Area (flight to LAX cancelled). Upon arrival, we soaked our cares away in the hot mineral pool. Our moods lifted, muscles relaxed, and we slept like babies in our comfy bed. This place is lovely, tranquil & sublime. We love it's smaller capacity (7 rooms) and quiet neighborhood. Cristina and Rhoni, who created this beautiful place, are so warm & gracious. It was a highlight to meet them and get to know them (and their sweet dog, Sage). They were so helpful with information on dining, shopping and spa services. Must mention the massages! We had 90 minute massages in our room, and they were the best we have ever experienced. And if you enjoy clairvoyant readings, I had a great reading in our room with a Clairvoyant Reader and Healer, which I found both enlightening and inspiring. To me, it rounded out my Spa experience. Our room was very quiet, with views from every window and such gorgeous light. The kitchen was darling and fully equipped, but for the most part we had meals in Palm Springs, and bought snacks from the grocery store for the room. Great fresh brewed coffee and along with the homemade coffee cake, perfection! Also enjoyed our chilled pitcher of crystal clear drinking water with organic lemons. So hard to leave, we would have liked to stay longer, and spend much more time in the pool. This beautiful Spa and it's owners met all our needs in a low key, gracious manner that we will never forget. We will be back for sure.

Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your enthusiastic review! We loved meeting you both and look forward to your return visit, hopefully soon!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had the pleasure of finally visiting the Sagewater Spa a few weeks ago after having heard rave reviews about it years ago from a close friend. My friend was right. Sagewater is a perfect little retro-modern oasis in the middle of Desert Hot Springs with fantastic thermal pools. The nice thing about the spa—and it's definitely worth noting—is its incredibly intimate feel. With only 7 rooms or so, you end up really feeling like family while staying there. Rhoni and Cristina are fabulous hostesses, always on hand to give you local reccos on dining or shopping and to make sure you have everything you need. And, yes, the coffeecake they give you upon arrival is like crack - sooo addictively delicious! I only stayed for 2 nights this time (solo) - so I didn't end up buying many groceries at all and never cooked. (There is no restaurant or bar on site - but every room has its own mini kitchen with cooking utensils, pans, etc. - and there is a large, common outdoor grill that guests can use, as well.) But if cooking isn't your thing, there are certainly restaurants in the immediate area - but for better dining options - you'd likely be better off hopping in the car and hitting Palm Springs. I found that you can be as private or as social as you'd like staying at the spa. Some guests kept completely to themselves, while others chit chatted in the pool and gave their own reccos on things to do in the area. I met some lovely people who gave me some great tips - so that was nice. Everyone who visits seems friendly and all share the common goal: to relax and bliss out under the sun and stars while soaking in the mineral rich waters. Having visited from NYC in the middle of a brutal winter, this was just the relaxing stay that I needed. Next time though, I think I will fly direct to Palm Springs - instead of dealing with the 2 1/2 hour drive in from LAX.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Your review was so eloquent, all we can say is, "THANK YOU!"
Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I had the luxury of spending three nights at Sagewater, and we already miss the hospitality of Cristina and Rhoni and the relaxation that the inn invites. While simple, our room had everything we needed, and we found that our best time spent was outside by the hot springs pools, which we were the only swimmers for the majority of the time. When our friend wanted to visit us for the day to catch up (not to soak, just to sit and relax in the sun), he was welcomed like a guest, which we appreciated. We had such an enjoyable time getting to hang out with little Sage and the other guests as they meandered around. The sunsets and sunrises were breathtaking, from our room and the common area. Do spend the extra money for a personal massage in-room. It was well worth it. On Valentine's Day evening, we grilled and chilled, and it was perfect. If you are looking to escape the Palm Springs hoopla for a few days (which is totally close by car and easy to access), this treasure is well worth it! I concur with other reviewers that I had tears in my eyes when we were checking out. It also helped to have a native MA friend on grounds to remind me of my NE upbringing and family! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in #7 and loved it!!!
Bedminster, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was hesitant to write this review. Not for any other reason than I want to keep this little gem all to ourselves! Maybe it was the serene atmosphere or the minimalist design of the rooms or the little touches of comfort that were almost unnoticeable, but yet incredibly perfect that made our stay a "best vacation ever". Chris and Ronnie (and Sage) made us feel at home in their lovely little hideaway in the hills of Desert Hot Springs. (Grandma B's coffee cake briefly drove me off the gluten free diet). The pool... ah the pool.....ah the pool. I'm back at home in the NE now and looking out our window at 16" of snow - ahhhh the pool. We enjoyed all of the things we normally love about being in the desert - hiking, birding, enjoying the desolation and beauty. Typically we might spend 15 minutes in a hotel pool. Not so here. Simply could not get enough of the hot springs refreshingly clean and warm, revitalizing, energizing, soothing waters. Even the winds were soothing to listen to during the night. The beds are very comfortable. Location is perfect - close enough to Joshua Tree and Whitewater Preserve for hiking & recreation and Palm Springs for nightlife. I'm not a terribly emotional type, but I actually got teary eyed saying goodbye to Chris & Ronnie. We are already planning our trip next year - please don't steal our room :)

Room Tip: only 7 - everyone is a winner.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sagewater Spa? Share your experiences!