“Best Desert Hot Springs location by far” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Hot Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Hacienda Hot Springs Inn
You added Hacienda Hot Springs Inn to your Saves list
12885 Eliseo Road, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best Desert Hot Springs location by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first stay at this wonderfully private, beautifully landscaped little inn was in 2006. We have been back many times over the past few years. There are only six rooms, so even if it is full, it is very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are well appointed, not overdone. Most have a private little patio on the back of the unit; however, the grounds of the inn have many private places to sit and read or just relax. The healthy breakfast each morning is delightful; homemade granola, fresh berries, dates, greek yogurt, just to name a few inclusions. Couples will love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Venice, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My boyfriend from Australia and I (from LA) wanted a mini vacation in to the Desert in Oct. but I was clear I don't like the flash golf resort style of Palm Springs as boutiques hotels are more to my liking. I have been reviewing many places in Desert Hot Springs for several years now and the Hacienda has always captured my interest as a place I wanted to stay. Happy to report it met my hopes of a peaceful and enjoyable stay. The Hacienda is tastefully designed yet homey in feel. Even though it had a full in occupancy, we felt as though we were the only people there. It was so peaceful floating in the cooler (but warm) pool during the day and watching the stars at night in the hot tub. I also enjoyed having a full kitchen and breakfast provided in the morning in the garden/pool. We even forgot our swimming suits and the lovely manager Carl, such a good guy, sent it immediately back to us. The place and the management make this place my top pick for where to stay in Desert Hot Springs. I highly recommend it and hope to be back in Jan or Feb.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The stay was perfect in every way. Karl made sure that everyone felt comfortable and had what they needed. Sandra kept everything very clean and lit the candles at night. It was a perfect escape to an oasis of bliss!

• Stayed December 2012
Wade, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a wonderful & relaxing stay after visiting with elderly parents for 3 weeks. We had the entire place to ourselves most of the time (following the turkey day rush) sharing the grounds only with Socrates the cat who was so friendly he followed us into our room one evening (he could tell he was welcome). He mostly slept in a chair by the spa setting the mood for what we needed. The pictures on the web site need updating as the flora is much more grown and inviting than what is shown giving us more desirable shade (Sandra, please don’t prune anything but the branch rubbing the entrance gate). It was a perfect balance of sun & shade giving us quick access to either. The pool was a perfect temp at 92 that allowed us to swim and float for as long as we wanted without getting too hot or cold round the clock. Our skin never felt better in 20 years (seriously). The spa (hot tub) at 104 was too warm to stay long but this was expected. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The Wi-Fi connection was great and was able to stream a Netflix movie on the new TV by plugging in my laptop with my HDMI cable that I always carry. We did not use the sauna or spa treatments so I cannot comment on them. I am an experienced traveler with high expectations and can say this was among our best stays anywhere. I will reserve my only negative comments for the “breakfast” that they really need to rethink. Although all was very healthy, the granola had to be scraped out of the jar, the muffins were tough, and the coffee was just VERY strong standard roast satisfying neither the dark roast “Seattleites” nor those of us who like “American” coffee. For the price I would have expected a prepared B&B style breakfast which would have made the place truly 5 star. I was kind by giving it 3 stars (average) in the restaurant rating. But downtown where most of the restaurants are is only an easy three minutes away. I would recommend Hacienda Hot Springs to my friends with the hint to find their own AM scratch.

Room Tip: #2 has no patio and along with #3 that we stayed is too close to the office (#1). #4 & #5 are b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I cannot say enough nice things about Karl, who went above and beyond the call of duty to help me surprise my wife with a truly romantic marriage proposal. I got in touch with Karl a few weeks before our visit to work out the details, and he pulled it all together to make it something that my wife and I will never forget. Thank you, Karl!

Hacienda Hot Springs is a quiet refuge away from the world. It's easy to forget that you are in Desert Hot Springs once you've entered the courtyard and are surrounded by the lush greenery and water. There are only 7 rooms, so you'll never feel crowded. It's as private as you'd like, or you can make friends with the other guests in the pool or at the communal table for breakfast.

The naturally heated hot tub and pool are amazing. You can soak your bones all night if you want, just keep the noise down for the other guests.

My wife and I enjoyed 1 hour massages from Dr. Michael in the on-site massage room, probably the best we've ever had.

And you get all of this for a great price! I think this is the best value to be found for a rejuvenating spa experience in Desert Hot Springs. Yes, you can probably find some others that are cheaper, but it's worth just a tiny bit more to experience Hacienda Hot Springs Inn (I checked out some of the others, and none compare with the atmosphere at the Hacienda).

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 6 is the largest of the rooms, and includes a nice little breakfast nook.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

A place to rejuvenate ,relax and heal. The natural setting,special mineral water. In the pool and jacuzzi are beyond wonderful. ,., The comfort of the guest is prioritized .Karl you are a mngr, extrodinare.

• Stayed November 2012
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The owner, Carl, really makes this retreat stand out above the rest by being so accomodating and inviting. He really makes you feel like the retreat is all yours! And a gorgeous retreat it is! 24 hour access to lush gardens surrounding two mineral pools, one soothingly hot, and another that feels about body temperature. A little stream makes bubbling water noises nearby. Old fashioned outdoor kitchen and table, a record player, sauna, fresh fruit trees and herbs that are yours to pick! We had a great massage from Gloria. I could go on. Needless to say, I wanna go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hacienda Hot Springs Inn? Share your experiences!