“Oh the water.....!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Spa   |   11149 Sunset Avenue, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Santa Monica, California
“Oh the water.....!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just returned from our fourth trip to Nurturing Nest. It’s the perfect retreat from our busy lives. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is a small, simple, updated desert motel. Nothing too fancy, but just perfect for us. The rooms are attractive and comfortable. Free WiFi, but no TV – thankfully. Best of all are the two natural hot spring-fed pools, which are open 24-hours. We think that their in-door “hot” therapeutic pool is one of the best anywhere. Housed in a free standing enclosure with large windows on three sides, this pool appears large enough to accommodate twenty people, though there were never more than a couple of others in the pool with us and the retreat was completely full. The water comes out of the ground at a wonderful 105 degrees and there’s no sulfur smell! When you’re not soaking, you can float on one of the rafts or read sitting in one of the pool-side lounge chairs and be fully protected from the elements (it can be cold and windy in the desert!) The outdoor pool is also hot springs-fed and stays at about 90 degrees. Perfect for a swim and lots of places to relax in the sun by the pool. This was our New Year’s Eve trip and we splurged for room #7, which doesn’t have any common walls with any of the other rooms and has a king bed, kitchen, and private, shaded patio. It was great.
Ram and Sandy are wonderful, accommodating hosts. We’ll can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: We've been in several of the rooms and they all were quiet and comfortable. I did enjoy have a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We love this simple, quiet and peaceful place! We have stayed here at least 6 or 7 times, maybe more. No phones, no TVs, just the way we like it. They do, however, provide free Wi-Fi. A healthy complimentary breakfast of Trader Joe's best granolas, yogurt, almond milk, fresh fruit, coffee, cream and an assortment of teas is served in the pool area every morning. Even though this is a no frills kind of place, the bed linen is high quality and the service is very personal. The owners always do their best to accommodate any reasonable requests.

We like to take advantage of the mid-week special, which includes massages from Dr. Sandy. She is excellent!

Both hosts are friendly, gracious, knowledgeable and very interesting to talk to. The Nurturing Nest seems to attract people who like simple serenity. If you want to "party" around the pool and be boisterous, this is not the place.

There are several good restaurants within walking distance or a very short drive. But if you want to explore more of the desert, the Joshua Tree National Park isn't too far away. We prefer to stay put, float in the healing waters, read, meditate and do nothing. That's what it's all about for us! Thank you Dr. Ram and Dr. Sandy! We will be back! Andy and Dagmar R.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I kinda don't want to hype this place -- there's only a few rooms and I would be devastated if I ever couldn't get a room there! With that said, it's my favorite lil secret L.A. reset button in the desert. Really laid back atmosphere, unpretentious property, wonderful hosts, clean rooms and whenever I do run into other guests, they're always really interesting people -- it draws a type, definitely. Now, the real reason you go there of course is the water -- Ive been coming out to Desert Hot Springs forever and have sampled several of the other resorts around there and the water at the Nest is hands-down the best. Favorite moment: The night soak with steam rising off the water with the room lit by candles.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen, bring some groceries and you'll never have to leave.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Yes, aaaaaaahhhhh... that is the sound my mind thinks of when I think of my new Home away from home. Ram and Sandy are wonderful hosts, and the peaceful relaxation provided ... is Aaaaaaaahhh. The Water: can't tell you what's in it scientifically... but my body likes it... I mean loves it.

Healing, rejuvenating...lovely. I've been with my girlfriend twice... we LOVE Room #6... I shouldn't say that - cuz now it may not be available next time we go... but it's the best. It is at the end of the row of my rooms off the pool (whole place is only 7 rooms I think) ...and #6 has its own little private patio with a view clear across to the majestic 11,000 ft San Jacinto peak.
I sit on that patio at night, gazing at stars and just c a l m . . . d o w n.
Aaaaaaaah.

This is not a noisy place, it's a relaxing place.
It's not a place to need to socialize and be loud.. it's a place to rejuvenate...and meet some nice folks and share some friendly conversation as you enjoy the waters together. Or just be quiet and in your thoughts and with the water.
The Nurturing Nest is not for a high maintenance type person, it's homey and comfortable, quiet and clean...refreshing and a great value. Its "INTIMATE" .. yes, that is the feeling. It is intimate.

Outside pool is cooler, inside pool is warmer... Refreshing contrast.
Haven't had the massages or treatments...prob will try next time.

Thanks Ram and Sandy...
PS, my Dad loved it too - and wants to come back soon. He really felt the rejuvenating / healing affects of the water. Also, people were commenting on our glow when we came back to LA.
DESERT HOT SPRINGS BABY !!! Thanks guys !!! See you next time.

Room Tip: #6 is the place to be.
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

It was my second time visiting Nurturing Nest Freedom Retreat. Absolutely amazing ! The calmness that I felt there was amazing. Ram and Sandi not just welcomed me and did remember my first visit 5 years ago. They also invited my friend from San Diego to enjoy magic waters. My friend was very impressed how private and comfortable this place is. He will be taking part in the next scheduled retreat in October. Many people do have life time connection with Nurturing Next and if you will visit it, you will understand why. Do yourself a favor, go and enjoy this amazing place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am so grateful this place exists.
Anytime I need a reboot, Ram and Sandy are here to the rescue.
They are the nicest people and I feel as if this my home away from home.
The energy here is always magical, everything is clean, quiet and super private.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are looking for a life changing wellness retreat this is it. This is my second retreat and another life changing experience. Yes you can come soak for a day or two in the magic mineral spas but if you are looking to cleanse your body, heal your soul, and purge things mentally this retreat will surpass your expectations. Something magic happens here each time and you leave a different and grateful person.

Room Tip: Their is one suite that has been upgraded and very special all rooms have kitchens all are comfortab...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nurturing Nest Mineral Hot Springs Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!