“You won't see my green” 1 of 5 stars

You added The Spring Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Spring Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   12699 Reposo Way, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Carson, California
“You won't see my green”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to stay at the facility. My experience started and stopped at over-the-phone reservationist. I needed to postpone the visit for a couple of months and failed to cancel the reservation within 7 days from the scheduled trip. I was willing to pay the $199 plus tax for penalty for not cancelling in time; however, I wanted to decide which method I use for payment. The allotted time to give the reservationist my desired method of payment was not honored.

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at many hotels and resorts, and I will continue to travel but not at this resort. I respect rules, but there is a time when compassion should overrule a "rule". I explained to the manager why I had to postpone; he said that he understood but I must still pay.

As nice as this resort sounds, I won't be giving them any more of my money. When the payment was processed early and having a somewhat heated conversation to the famous reservationist, I knew immediately that I will never patronize The Spring Resort in Desert Hot Springs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
As a courtesy to guests who have to cancel outside of the cancellation period, we sometimes issue a “room credit” which allows a guest to use the charge towards a weekday stay in the future. She was happy with this but said she needed to put the charge on a different card and said she would call us by 7 pm that day with the new card. By 4:30 pm of the next day she still had not called. I had made several attempts to contact her. I then simply authorized her card on file which allowed us to make sure we would still receive payment but still gave her the flexibility to change the card if she called back. When she finally called back she was upset with us for doing this. I told her we would still be happy to change the card for payment and simply release the authorization. I asked if she remembered telling me she would call us back by 7pm the previous night and she said she did remember and did not give a reason for not calling us. I told her we would be happy to charge a different card but she became rude and hung up on me. We certainly hope this guest will be happy at whatever spa resort she chooses in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Needing a couple days "away from it all" my husband and I booked two nights at The Springs through Groupon. Very easy process. I called to confirm it went throught and the front desk was very polite and accomodating. They asked it there was anything they could do, ie. book treatments, early check-in etc. DON'T turn around while driving there, when you finally get through the door, it truly is a little oasis. The surrounding area is not the best. My dad actually said, "Desert Hot Springs!!!, that's where all the down and out's from Palm Springs go." This made me quit nervous, esp as we got closer and seeing the surrounding area. NOT PRETTY. It was a perfect get away, and very relaxing. The rooms were clean and beds were so comfortable. We have a Sleep Number Bed and my side is set at 40. PERFECT!! The Lather bath products were so nice. They have everything you need in the rooms. We had the King with kitchen, perfect for a couple nights. NO TV. We brought a lap top and used their free Wii fi to watch Net Flixs. The big pool is 90 degrees but in Aug at 105 degrees outside it was refreshing. The 101 degree mineral pool was so relaxing. The reason I am not giving 5 stars is because the small 103 degree mineral pool was dirty. YUCK! The hot sauna was really nice. We didn't book treatments but heard they were great from other guests. You have access to plenty of clean towels. On our way out they gave us two reusable water bottles with frozen water on the bottle. So nice for the drive home to South Orange County.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Ana, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Spring Resort & Spa this past weekend and had a great experience. I let them know beforehand that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they had a chilled bottle of Prosecco waiting for us upon check-in!

The bed and linens were top notch. Loved the ipod docking station and the wifi. We appreciated the rules regarding the use of cell phones or loud voices in the public areas (although it appeared some people did not get this memo). The three pools were excellent and the different temps seemed to please just about any taste. They allowed late check out which was also a plus.

My only recs would be to pipe in some cool, loungie, spa-like music throughout the resort and pools. Also offer complimentary yoga classes in the early morning on the grassy areas between the two outdoor pools.

My only regret was not taking a half day on Friday and arriving early in the afternoon in order to maximize our unforgettable weekend getaway!

I would highly recommend the Spring Resort & Spa for anyone looking for a relaxing escape from the hurried pace of everyday life! A great option for a romantic get-away or for those seeking to get some R&R.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just finished staying three days, two nights at the SPRING resort. I have been very overwhelmed and needed a get away by myself. The staff is amazing, the rooms are clean and have everything you need. The spa services I received were excellent. This will be my "get away" spot from here on! Thank you for an amazing experience!

• Stayed August 2013
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for the review Gwen! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

At first, it was hard to imagine what we would find inside the doors of the The Spring. Don't be fooled by the outside! Once in, the experience was amazing! We truly appreciated the "no talking on your cell " policy by the pool. It really added to the calmness and peacefulness of the place. We have never felt so rejuvenated, and we could not stop drinking the water. The staff was always ready to help, and everything was fresh and clean at all times.
Thank you for a wonderful time, we will definately be back to this little peace of heaven.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a kitchen. There's not much around unless you go into Palm Sprin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My daughter, husband and I stayed here this week. The resort was fabulous, pools heaven and the rooms were great. Joe was a wonderful member of the staff. He made excellent suggestions for dining experiences and things to do and was most attentive. Only one suggestion, maybe have some soft spa music playing in the background by the pools.

We will definitely be back again. Thanks Joe, we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: The beds are soo!! comfortable and the sheets are soo!!! Soft.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I recently visited The Spring for our second visit. We loved it the first time and love it even more the second time around and are already planning our return trip soon. The staff are angels in human form. Joe, one of the managers, went out of his way to stay late to accommodate us when we made the serious mistake of booking a room at a different resort in the area (just to try something new ... haha! we won't make that mistake again!). The open space, the greenery, the quaint rooms and availability of full kitchens in some of them ... the healing waters and the deep peace and quiet make each visit and unforgettable and deeply healing experience. And for those of you who love mani/pedicures, make sure you book a session with Kim. It was by far the most comprehensive and pampering pedicure I have ever experienced. And I've experienced a lot of them across the country because I travel for my work. Can you tell we love this place? You betcha! We'll be back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and some have full kitchens so if you like to cook your own meals this...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#13 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 604 reviews
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#12 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
#10 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 245 reviews

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!