“Small, quiet and intimate” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Spring Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Spring Resort & Spa
12699 Reposo Way, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Del Mar, California
“Small, quiet and intimate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I haven't been there in years, but returned for my anniversary and found it just as romantic as before. It's been much improved since we were there last and it's still small, quiet and intimate. The perfect place for a romantic getaway from the noise and congestion of L.A. On top of that, the massages were great! We're not going to let so much time go by before our next visit!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Studio City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As I read the previous reviewers right-up, I couldn't agree more. The selfish person in me wants to keep this amazing retreat to myself. But as always I have to share this amazing news with the world. Its almost like my civic duty. Because this place was FANTASTIC!

The funny thing was my husband and I had only planned for one day. We had never been here before, and my husband was a bit of a skeptic. He thinks I'm a little to hippie-zen at times, and thought I was pulling another whack-a-doddle idea of driving out to the desert. He of course road by my side and entertained the idea. But upon us being so completely amazed with this desert resort. And due to us needing all the zen and healing we could muster, our stay progressed into one day of re-checking into our room after another. The staff said it happens all the time. I believe it. The staff are the best at making you feel like your old friends. Who doesn't enjoy a day or two with familiar faces, mineral pools and massages?

We just couldn't get enough of three temperature minerals pools, and the out-of-this world sauna. Along with the perfect grounds and rooms anyone could hope for. Rooms consist of cabana like studios horseshoed around the main pool. Most have kitchenettes. There are two of these rooms that are guest favorites. I could tell you but I'd have to... Let's just say that will be for me to know and you to find out.

So, four days later, we decide to finally haul ourselves back to the grind of L.A. We enjoyed our time tremendously. We saw to Joshua Tree National Park, we got massages, some aloe vera scalp treatments, tons of sun and all that good mineral water healing. This place is great for the day, perfect for an overnight, and the best four days our more. So so so peaceful.

Encinitas, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place is fantastic. I almost don't want to review it because I don't need everyone and their mother going to this place. It's quite a find. Regardless, I'm happy to do so because the staff was and is so phenomenal.
The grounds are amazing and a total sanctuary back there. A great mineral pool, a mineral tub, hot tub and sauna. Best of all, no cut-off time for using the pool. We could have used the amenities at 2 a.m. and it would have been fine.
Our room was neat, came with everything we needed, and no idiot-box (TV), so we could really just relax without getting into life's typical, bland routine.
My wife received a massage from Margot who she said was excellent. Now, this is quite a compliment seeing as if my wife is considered one of the best massage therapists around and has been doing massage for 20 years now.
Overall, I felt this was a good bang for the buck considering how nice it was. My wife and I ventured out to other spas to check and see what else was in the area- nothing but concrete jungles. This place is tranquil, serene, relaxing, and the "relaxation": words can just keep going.
Seriously, anyone giving this place one star is either a beyond pain-in-butt princess, or just the jealous competition.
By the way, Room 9 is the bomb!

Room Tip: Room 9 has a kitchenette and is the corner room, I would stay there again!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Upon arriving at The Spring, you feel as if you are at a private Mid Century Modern hillside estate set on a remote bluff with panoramic views of the Coachella Valley. Once inside the secure front doors, you are overcome with the serenity and zen-like ambience that is The Spring. Unlike the overcrowded and commercial spas with hotel like lobbies bustling with people, The Spring is truly a private and nature-like retreat where you are personally greeted by the property's manager and escorted to your awaiting room. The accommodations are beautifully appointed with the purpose of total relaxation. Our room also included a mini-sampling of some of the world class products used and offered at the spa, and a generously sized kitchenette. Apart from the exclusive bungalow suites, the standard rooms overlook the central pool, one of three mineral water pools, including an outdoor jacuzzi on the property. The feeling of privacy permeates beautifully landscaped grounds as you walk around, exploring the various nature-like pathways and sitting areas leading to the spa, sauna, and world class treatment rooms. Proprieter Maria Lease has truly created a natural hidden gem and a private retreat for those who want to temporarily "stop the world & get off!" There is also a comfortable indoor living area for guests to gather, hydrate with a cold beverage, or to sit and chill. It's the kind of relaxing serenity and ambience that would appeal to the world's top celebrities and dignitaries looking for that truly private getaway. Yes, the view from the top is absolutely stunning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

12 rooms with kitchenettes set in a tranquil environment is every respect from no TV to three pools of therapeutic hot spring water with varying temperatures. Every effort is made to create a peaceful atmosphere throughout the property from the time you step through the main entrance to the room complete with a pitcher of cool lemon water and robes in the closet. All the rooms overlook the main pool which was the coolest of the three pools. Relax in the evening gazing at the multitude of stars in the night sky. Wireless WIFI is available in the rooms. This is an adults only spa and "loud" is rude. We definitely plan to come back for a longer stay during the winter.

Glendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Simple, elegant, relaxing! Great service - extraordinary pools -- wonderful massages and facials - an absolutely perfect calm and relaxing vacation. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
El Segundo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been to this resort twice and I have always enjoyed myself. It's is small place, but it has plenty of room. Most of the time, you feel like you have the place to yourself. Because it is a spa resort, there is no dining options on site. However, most rooms come with the use of a full kitchen that you can bring/cook your own food. Also, there are NO televisions in the rooms so you have to be prepared with your own entertainment. All in all, I love this place, and usually come back at least once a year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!