“Best hotel spa in Desert Hot Spring” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Spring Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Spring Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   12699 Reposo Way, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Los Angeles, California
“Best hotel spa in Desert Hot Spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Spring has all the ingredients for a perfect getaway from Los Angeles: it is peaceful, relaxing and everything is done in great taste. It was a real pleasure to swim in these wonderful waters under the stars. It is a very romantic place that I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My spa treatment was booked for reflexology and a scalp massage, which includes use of the mineral pools and sauna at the facility. The facility itself is clean and very attractive -- however, on the day of my visit, something was wrong with the well, and the springs were not at all hot (although the tempers of the guests staying there certainly was). A call to me prior to my visit letting me know about the malfunctioning springs would certainly have been in order, as I drove from Joshua Tree to Desert Hot Springs. For my appointment, the therapist escorted me to my room and asked me which aromatherapy scent I wanted -- clearly she didn't know I was there for reflexology and sure enough, someone booked me for aromatherapy and a facial -- a FAR more expensive spa treatment. After the most mediocre foot massage (not at all reflexology), I had to get up and move to a different room for my scalp treatment, which consisted of an esthetician pouring cold aloe vera on my scalp and lethargically rubbing it into my hair. I am a licensed esthetician (of 11 years) and these two treatments were just awful. The ultimate insult was looking down at my service receipt (which you are handed) and seeing that no one bothered to change the charges for my services -- had I said nothing, I would have been billed well over $200 for 60 minutes of 'treatments.' Upon checkout, the price of my services was discounted to $66, but in truth, I think a far more professional approach to this disaster of a day would have been to apologize for the terrible service, the lukewarm mineral pools and my wasted time. I hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The Spring Resort & Spa in Desert Hot Springs is a nice oasis. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you need assistance they are more than willing to help, if you don't want to see them they won't bother you.

The rooms are comfortable, fairly basic, but do have a few nice elements. My room had a small kitchenette with a 2-burner stove, dorm size refrigerator, microwave and even a table for two. The view looked out over the 90 F degree pool, and 100 F degree hot tub. The spa was a short stroll away down stone steps into a serene stand-alone building.

I did have a spa treatment, the Cranial Dreamwork massage. This light touch treatment took me to nirvana. It opened something up inside me and I had some interesting insights. Afterwards I used the sauna with an added perk, Eucalyptus aroma.

They don't have a restaurant onsite, but they do offer a continental breakfast in the morning. They also have a cheese plate and bottles of wine you can order for room delivery or poolside sipping.

Overall, the resort is a winner. Don't expect high-end luxury, but do expect to relax.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Sherman Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We've been coming to the Spring for a number of years and each visit it just gets better. The many improvments and upgrades over the years make it even more perfect. The waters are truly special. My favorite is the indoor pool, so peacefully warm and inviting. My husband's favorite is the outdoor pool, very hot and he loves to watch the sky at night. My body just feels different after being there for a couple of days. The rooms are beautifully decorated with all the best amenities. REALLY nice linens, great beds, Sony stereo, you get the picture. The double doors open up so you can lay in your bed and be poolside at the same time. Very romantic. Everytime we arrive there's a little flower in our room. so sweet. The owners really care and it shows. The staff members are all accommodating and they have pride in their special place. Nice healthy breakfast too. Perfect. The Spring is peaceful and quiet so loud people, stay away. We will be coming here for many years to come. It's a wonderful, relaxing place.

Room Tip: Get a coffee kitchen
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Terrace, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a poolside room. Enjoyed watching quail on the hillside from our back window. Pools were wonderful and so relaxing. Also enjoyed the sauna. Next time plan to spring for a massage. Perfect romantic getaway for us. Breakfast was simple but good. Only downside was trying to watch a movie on our iPad with the Internet being dropped frequently. Still free wifi was a nice touch. Plan to make this an annual anniversary tradition. Bed was comfortable and all was quiet at night when we were there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
West Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We spent our honeymoon in Palm Desert and were in great need of a day to relax after all of the festivities and family stress. The Spring was the perfect choice! Found it online and it sounded inviting. We both had massages and I had a salt scrub. We made great use of the sauna and all three of the heated pools and jacuzzis. We were fortunate to hit it on a day where they weren't full and were able to book a sleeping room for the day at a reasonable rate.
Overall, very quiet and relaxing. If you're looking for a big fancy spa, this isn't it. It's a very quiet and intimate spa up in Desert Hot Springs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had heard good things about The Spring, so when our "regular" and favorite spa resort was fulll this last weekend, we decided to give it a try. We were very disappointed. In the brochures and write-up's the establishment boasts the tranquil environment and grounds. It stated that no cell phones were permitted around the pool area and voices were to be kept low as to not disturb the other guests. We found it anything but that. From people talking on their cells loudly poolside, guests yelling across the pool for conversations, to a bachlorette party "rocking" until 3 and 4 in the morning in the neighboring room, we left more tired and drained than when we arrived. In addition the grounds were very messy, dirty glasses, towels, food floating in the waters, we compared it to staying at a best western or motel 6, but certainly much more expensive. When we mentioned the caos to the managers at different points our comments were received with indifference. We fly in to the desert 3 to 4 times a year and have stayed at many different resorts. Needless to say this will be the last time at The Spring. Generally we do not write negative comments about locations and are fairly easy to please people, but did feel a need to share this information, because we have appreciated others being frank with their reviews when we travel to different locations. We had friends that decided to stay at The Spring as well, (2 additional rooms) since we were, they were equally as disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!