“So disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Los Angeles, California
“So disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Got a groupon to this place and checked it out online before purchasing. BEWARE: their website photos bear absolutely no resemblance to the real thing. Calling this place a spa is ridiculous, there is no spa, they have motel rooms they have transformed into treatment rooms and bring in outside therapists. In their defense, my therapist for a facial was quite good. Also, it's clean and the staff is nice. But bottom line: we were expecting a hotel spa resort in the dessert and we got a renovated motel on the side of the road with a nice pool and a couple of hot tubs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here for a girl's weekend. We did enjoy the courtyard area that they had as the pool was very nice and a nice temperature. They also had a lot of cool hang out spots through out which was nice if you just wanted a quiet spot to read or chill. The hot tub in the gazebo was also really neat to have. These were all the positives.

The rooms I was less impressed with. The bed was so/so and it was very dark, there was hardly any lighting in there. The bathroom was nice and that was probably the best feature of the room. The room just did not lend itself to relaxing but rather made we want to only be in there when I had to be.

The hotel is also not very close to many places which while not a big deal is something to consider. It took about 25 minutes to get to Palm Springs downtown. Desert springs just did not have much in the way of places to eat so you had to drive for it all.

I also want to comment on the restaurant that is attached. I did not let this affect my review of the hotel as they are technically separate but as I mentioned earlier there are not many places that are close by so we went to the restaurant for breakfast. It was the WORST! The food was terrible, my potatoes were burned, my friend got the wrong food. Our waitress was non existent and when she finally brought my drink out (20 minutes after I had my meal) it was the wrong drink. Then at the end when we paid, she stood over me and wouldn't hand back my card until I signed the bill. I just had never had such a bad experience at a restaurant before.

So go enjoy the courtyard and relax outside but don't expect too much from your room and please do not eat at the restaurant!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling from San - Francisco to Vegas with 2 night stop in Desert Hot Springs, and we glad we did. But first thanks to groupon, and thanks to management to have employees who make our stay unforgettable.
I will highlight few Ella, I believe operations manager, our lovely housekeeper Olga, and sweet server Gabi and everybody who work there, Thank you, we will return soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I like this hotel. The room are big and clean. The pool and jacuzzi are perfect. Very friendly staff, especially front desk manager Ella Mnatsakanova. We forgot my shoes in the room at check out time and figured it out in couple of hours when we were very far from hotel. Ella found it and sent to our home. We adore this place and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

KISS THIS
Rated by Tina O
Staying there before we check into "We Care Cleansing Spa" dow the street for a week.
Its a great place to plop your head and dip into the hot springs. Its an older charming hotel and clean. We adore this place and the people are so accommodating with an accent.
Reasonable is more than fair its out right perfect for the dollar spent. Anyone who has written a bad review is not well traveled an most likely complains about life in general.

RATING 1 out of 5 Kisses or Kissed off

Aqua Soleil Hotel has earned 3 Kisses

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We wanted a relaxing "mini getaway". I was weary about this hotel based off the reviews I read. I couldn't disagree more with any of the bad reviews. People are silly and will complain about anything. We thought it was fabulous. Everything we were hoping the weekend would be and MORE!

You can't beat the mineral pools being open for use 24 HOURS A DAY. It honestly doesn't get better then that. When I read that AND that my dog could stay, I was sold. There aren't many pet friendly hotels in the Desert Hot Springs/Palm Springs area for a reasonable rate.

We went solely for the mineral pools and to be able to just relax. And that we did. The room was great, loved the shower and hard wood floors in the bathroom area. The rooms were decorated very nicely. Very simple, not too much, but very modern and elegant. The bed and pillows were comfy too. Our housekeeper, Holga ( I believe that was her name) was so nice. Every time she saw us, she asked us if we needed anything and to make sure we told her if we did. So accommodating, I love that. Kudos to her.

Not so sure I can say the same for the front desk gal. Didn't catch her name, I think she was new. That would be my biggest complaint about the hotel; the front desk staff. We weren't greeted when we arrived. We weren't told anything about the hotel, check out, where our room was, where to eat, what to do...etc. That was the only downfall. You expect that sort of thing when you stay at a place like this. If they can work on that then they get an A+++++++

If ever in the area again, we will definitely stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an older hotel that seems like it is slowly being renovated. The rooms we stayed in, were renovated, and while not the finest rooms I've stayed in, were clean and comfortable and certainly appropriate for the price we paid. We had a balcony, with a beautiful view of the Mountains, unfortunately it was toward the front of the hotel and overlooked a very noisy, 4-lane street. I would recommend that you ask for a room towards the back of the Hotel. The TV was a flat screen that got an odd assortment of channels several of which were in Spanish. The wifi was sketchy at best, I never got above one bar anywhere in the hotel. The bathrooms were clean and had a very large shower with nice, hot water. It did not have a bathtub, if that is an issue to you. The highlight of the hotel is the 2, large, hot tubs, one indoor and one outdoor, and the good sized heated pool All were very clean and in great working order. They had more than adequate seating of various sorts around the pool area, which was very attractive with palm trees and various plantings. They also had an outdoor fire pit with comfortable couches surrounding it. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which has recently been renovated. The food was very good as was the coffee (I tend to be a coffee snob) and the service was excellent. On the down side, the elevator is really in awful condition, sort of scary really, the stairways and hallways were dark and badly in need of fresh paint and even featured a bare wire hanging from the ceiling at one point. The pool area seemed to constantly be out of towels. In order to get ice, we had to trek down 3 floors and go to the bar in the front of the hotel. The parking lot is very poorly lit, which could be a safety issue. Palm Springs is about a 15 minute drive,if want to go to a decent restaurant or shopping etc. On the bright side, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I get the impression they take pride in their place and are working hard to make it better. All in all, I think this place is a relative bargain and I'm guessing it will continue to get better as they continue their renovations.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room towards the back of the property away from Palm Drive. We stayed on the top fl...