“Relaxing, peaceful and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68187 Club Circle Dr., Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240 (Formerly Highland Spring Waters)   |
Ranked #11 of 27 hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, peaceful and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My new wife and I checked in for 4 nights at the Tuscan Springs and had a really wonderful stay. The small hotel has beautifully kept grounds, lovely pools of different temperatures and a great selection of continental breakfast food, coffee and tea. The spa treatments were great, and hotel staff wonderfully friendly.

Try to visit the mountain in palm springs on the tramway - worth a few hours of your time for the views, wildlife and experience.

Room Tip: Mountain view jacuzzi is really private with a great view of the snow capped peak!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently went on a weekend getaway with my friends to Tuscan Springs because I desperately needed some time off to relax because I work so much. When I got to the hotel I was transported into this Italian hotel with friendly service and a warm atmosphere. Driving up to the hotel the surrounding location isn't what I expected but don't let that fool you. The hotel itself is lovely and full of charm. The owners were fantastic and super accommodating. The pools, which have hot mineral water, are open all the time and are extremely relaxing. I even received a massage from Art and taken over with relaxation. It was exactly the weekend I needed to unwind and get rejuvenated. I am definitely coming back on my next free weekend and would highly recommend others to do the same!!! Absolutely the perfect spot for peace and quite and just some time to decompress.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was in town for a conference in Palm Springs. All of the Palm Springs hotels were booked and so I was forced to look outside of the city. I stumbled across Tuscan Springs and decided to book a room for 3 nights. The location of this hotel is a major problem. When I was driving to Tuscan Springs I literally almost turned my car around. The town and surrounding area is filled with trailers and run down houses in the absolute middle of nowhere. Must be willing to stay at the hotel the whole time or be willing to drive to Palm Springs (15-20 minutes) to eat as there are absolutley NO eateries in the surrounding area. The surrounding area is horrible but the hotel is so adorable. It was literally empty the first night I was there but filled up during the weekend. The staff is very friendly and cordial. The rooms are cute and you really feel like you are staying in someones guest house or room. Very quiet and cozy. I would recommend this location if you are looking to spend a weekend lounging around with your significant other, not if you are looking to dine out and be active outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Some garden rooms have glass double doors as a front door, which leaves you feeling exposed to the o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

A friendly, kind owner who offered us a room last minute when electronic reservation at another place failed. Three different temperature pools to choose from outside. Clean and inviting and few other people. Views are discouragingly frought with glass panels to keep out wind and telephone pole wiring. San Jacinto towers beyond, but humans have badly marred the vista with broken machines, crappy subdivisions, and wind farms that may slow global warming but have surely pissed off the desert deities. You will have to go directly into Joshua Tree National Park to find the stillness and quiet you may have been looking for here.

Room Tip: I hear there are rooms with private mineral pools.
sherman oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I went here to get away from the city. It was sooooo relaxing and was exactly what we needed. We will definitely come back!

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I have been able to travel alot since retiring over 10 years ago. Tuscan Springs Hotel stands out as one of our very favorites. The beautiful courtyard outside our room, the delightful "french press" coffee with a "yummy" breakfast (included in the price), the wonderful hot spring water,and general peaceful atmosphere surrounding the inside walls of this hotel are unique and rejuvinvating. The wonderful couple that run this hotel are always available to help and the suggestions for dinner were excellent. The reviews of 2006 when this was the "Highlander" (and before renovations) are not what we experienced. There are areas near the Tuscan Springs that might be questionable,(it is a city) but we felt safe and secure in this delightful place. The personal touch of the owners is obvious to anyone lucky enough to have a key and step inside a real taste of "Tuscany" right in Desert Hot Springs.Tuscan Springs was very appealing compared to the high rise spas in the center of town, we loved the views of the mountains, and city from our lounge chairs next to the pool. JVtravelers

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I booked a jacuzzi room the night before coming out here to stay, seeing that it was just north of Palm Springs. DESERT HOT SPRINGS IS NOT THE SAME THING. It's neither a secluded oasis or close to Palm Springs - the hotel is basically in between a subdivision and some trailer parks. Palm Springs/Palm Desert are 15-20 minutes away in a car. Do your research as they do not refund rooms.
That said, the hotel is pretty nice - the pools and decor are beautiful. The breakfast was cute (waffles, fruit, French press, pretty much anything you could want). Our room was quiet, and we had a lovely view of the trailer park. We also had some problems with the hot water not working (which they fixed while we were at dinner) and I kept finding long dark hairs everywhere. Nicoletta was very attentive.
I think for the money it's not worth it - you can find a nice hotel for the same price in a better location. But if you're looking to kind of get away, go for it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!