It was the first stop on a classic road trip. My friend had flown into SD from DC and we drove until 2am to get there. So our real first impression was after a good sleep headed down to find coffee. We were in the room with twin beds. We were the only ones there since it was midweek. It felt like we had rented the whole resort so it was a pretty good deal. The second night the little foam cushion bed seemed a bit less comfortable... but maybe it was just the springs grinding the stress out of tight muscles. The massage was awesome. Loved it. My friend and I hadn't seen each other in months so we had lots to catch up on.
I don't think the room with the little twin beds would be comfortable for more than a couple of nights. Aesthetically very pleasing, but very tight fit with all the furniture. I swear some hip modern bunk beds in there would have been great... or to use it as the massage studio it was built to be.
The manager was interesting. He helped us out with some maps and provided a nice spread at breakfast. We took a little advantage of the situation and helped ourselves to breakfast for lunch too... but we couldn't get out of our robes and swimsuits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Manor Retreat is a six-room 50s era spa motel that sits atop Miracle Hill. The Miracle lies in the aquifer some 400 feet below the surface – the source of geothermal mineral waters. Innovatively restored by its owners, artist April Greiman and architect Michael Rotondi, the Manor’s highly detailed simplicity invites reflection, renewal and rejuvenation with two therapeutic geothermal pools, customized spa treatments, peaceful aesthetic and seamless embrace of its desert surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Miracle Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Manor Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Manor Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert